Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Late to the party

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By GJSmitty

Yes, Mass Effect DID come to Steam early 2008.  And yes, I STILL haven't played it or it's sequel.  This is all about to change.  As I sit here typing this in my dark room with only a lamp to light it, Mass Effect is downloading.  After I play that, I shall play Mass Effect 2.  I may be late to the party, but the party is deffinatly still going.  So, people of Giant Bomb, I come to you with a single, important question.  Should I go with the default Shepard?    
    I only ask this because I am afraid if I customize my own character, it will look really bad.  As if the face is plastered on the body of a different person.  Is it so?  Or does it look natural?

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By GJSmitty

Yes, Mass Effect DID come to Steam early 2008.  And yes, I STILL haven't played it or it's sequel.  This is all about to change.  As I sit here typing this in my dark room with only a lamp to light it, Mass Effect is downloading.  After I play that, I shall play Mass Effect 2.  I may be late to the party, but the party is deffinatly still going.  So, people of Giant Bomb, I come to you with a single, important question.  Should I go with the default Shepard?    
    I only ask this because I am afraid if I customize my own character, it will look really bad.  As if the face is plastered on the body of a different person.  Is it so?  Or does it look natural?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I made a great looking female shepard, the male one turned out a little less but the voice is really perfect for a tough spacemarine, so can't stick too many different faces under that imo.
    Default Shepard is more then enough if you just want to experience the game and not be distracted by an ugly face.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By buzz_clik

I actually really like my Shepard. I made him look older, wirier, bald and a bit busted up. He's handsome for an old guy, but you can tell he's seen some shit.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

I always go with default. The custom faces look somewhat better in ME 2. 
    inb4h8ters

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By JoeyIA
    @Afroman269 said:
    " I always go with default. The custom faces look somewhat better in ME 2. inb4h8ters "
    Same answer; unless you're going to play as a female Shepard or just want to make a funny looking character I'd go with default.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

You are going to trip out when you go from ME1 to ME2. I wish I were you.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Afroman269
    @JoeyIA: Forgot about female Shepard, she was the only one I changed because I managed to make a better looking chick.
    mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Better late than never my friend ;)

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By quinistheman

Going with the crowd here. If you play a female shepard I'd customize, otherwise stick with the default or he'll likely be fugly.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GJSmitty

Thanks for the suggestions.  I started with default male Shepard.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Wuddel

Also just started. Grabbed a cheap used copy a while ago. (actually I also own it on steam but will go with the xbox version). One question: How long is ME1?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.