Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

New DLC Time Trial Impossible?

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

I'm not sure how in the world it's possible to complete the starter two Time Trial courses under 1:20 something. I always NEED 1:45 at the bare minimum to get through with my Lv60 soldier class w/ custom guns/armor. Is there a trick that I'm not figuring out?

Also I assume you unlock the last four courses by scoring in the top in the first 8?

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By VicRattlehead

set the game to normal?? i found the first 2 frustrating on insane and dropped it down to normal and it seemed easier

and yes you get the last 4 courses when you come top on the first 8 and when you come top in all 12 you getta special scenario

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

I didn't think to check my difficulty, does it alter the time needed to complete?

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By VicRattlehead

nah time stays the same

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

Okay because that's what I meant. I cannot finish in enough time, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By sickVisionz

I'm playing on veteran and got 1:20:67 @ Warehouse and 1:18:86 pm Tropical. 

Warehouse took about 5 tries to do, but the keys i've noticed are 

• Your team mates CANNOT handle enemies on their own.  Don't run to the next area assuming your guys will land the final blow on a guy with only like 5% health left.  They will not.  You have to finish off everyone.
    • Run as much as possible while avoiding fatigue as much as possible.
    • Memorize where people come from because that won't change from run to run.
    • Alot of it is luck.  Sometimes enemies live outside of cover and on another run they'll stay hidden in the cut and you have to waste time going through crates and barriers to get a shot on them.
    UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

That helps, I'll remember those points. It's just mind-numbingly frustrating.

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

I got it after lowering the difficulty and changing ammo types to be the most highly appropriate for the type of enemy that was spawning (either organic or synthetic but it's never both). Seems like it's just how much HP the enemies have that's really the deciding factor. Overall I'm pretty disappointed with this DLC, they spent like no time on it.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sickVisionz

^
    I wouldn't say that.  They made alot of new areas and the combat level design is way better than any combat scenarios you encounter in the actual game.

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx
    @sickVisionz: On the contrary, as someone who has made plenty of UT2004 levels, I know that it took them no time at all to put in those 5 new tiny areas and the combat scenarios aren't any fun due to the complete lack of AI at times on the part of both your team-mates and enemies. But anyways, I beat it and my advice to anyone reading this is to dial the difficulty down until you can get it. Even on Casual you'll get the achievements.
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sickVisionz

That's like saying, "I made creatures in Spore so I know how much time it takes Pixar to do character animation/design."

On a sidenote, nothing in these missions is hard enough to where you need to dial it all the way down to casual.  If you have to do that i'd say there's something about the combat system of ME that you don't understand.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karl_Boss

Switching the difficulty to easy makes the combat scenarios incredibly easy.

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

I only went down as far as normal, but that's good to know now that I've wasted the time dealing with it =/

Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Impossibilium

High explosive ammo knocks the enemy around without effort.

You team mates are not fast movers here, so you should direct them manually to enemy areas. Send them to each spawn location ahead of you and then do the cleanup while they act as a distraction.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.