Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Coolest/funniest stunts?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Because of the almost suffocating amount of style wrapped everything to do with Max Payne 3, I imagine it shouldn't require too much effort to make yourself look so fucking cool as you're popping heads one after another. As such, I want to know what's the coolest shit we've managed to pull off, single player or multiplayer otherwise. Also preferably not anything that was scripted; stuff that you yourself have managed to somehow pull off.

What lead me to ask was how just recently, during the Sao Paulo Slums with newly bald Payne when the cops are storming through the streets, I dived down onto a flight of stairs but instead of stopping there, Max actually continued to jumble down in real time as I'm still laying waste to the 3-4 guys in front of me. It left me feeling like such a smoooooth motherfucker, turning what would otherwise be a clumsy mistake instead into a beneficial, but also accidental, tactic.

Besides that, because this is a R* joint, there's been plenty of laugh-riot-inducing jank. One such moment I recall was during the stadium, when I dived up a flight of stairs only for Max to whack his head and then do some sort of backflip. I didn't receive any damage, but it left me exposed all the same to get my bearded face blown away. There was another where I shot some guy into a small grate and his corpse kind of... melded with it, with the character model freaking the fuck out like it was possessed. Finally, and this happened only an hour ago, there was a moment when I shot a guy with a shotgun and his corpse somehow flew up into the ceiling and his corpse got stuck between some pipes - again, with the usual assortment of freaking the fuck out.

It's not like I'm in anyway turned off by those occurrences; they sure as Hell tend to break the immersion, but the hilarity that ensues is always enough to make me shrug and roll with it. Even in a super-serious game like Max Payne 3, watching the physics go completely haywire is still a blessing.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hbkdx12

In a MP match yesterday i was playing large team deathmatch and the round started i ran towards the building and i killed a guy pretty far out with my ak. Then i hid behind a planter and killed another guy even further  out and there was a guy next to him and then the guy came charging at me while i'm still hidden behind the planter. In a pure freakout attempt, i threw a grenade to the side of the planter and he ran up next to it and again in a pure freakout attempt, i did a backward shootdodge and started shooting him and killed him and then the grenade exploded, flinging his body. 

I was just immensely surprised that i placed that grenade as well as i did given that they take so long to throw and when i did the shootdodge, it basically held him in place where if by chance i didn't kill him by shooting him, he surely was gonna die from the grenade. So awesome.

GolazoDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GolazoDan

Ran out of ammo in that opening club level. Three guys left. Dodged my way across the room, melee killed one guy and took his gun. Rolled to the side and got the second guy (he was pretty close). Used the guns I'd got from those guys and did a shoot dodge over a bar/seat to stylishly slow-mo kill the other dude as he was behind cover. To be honest I probably lost a bit of health but considering the number of times where no ammo has lead to me dying that was the one time it didn't cost me.

Stadium level, the goals and footballs. Think it's after you and Passos interrogate that one guy. Final guy got killed and his body flung back into the goal. Back of the net indeed. Also enjoyed the (first? I dunno how many there are) New York level where you have a shootout in the bar and have to go out the back through the kitchens. Everyone died so they looked like they were all crazy wasted and fell asleep on a couch. Physics in games rule.

Nothing as good as in Prototype 2 when an enemy hanged himself in a wide open space with an imaginary rope though.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By jillsandwich

Jumping from the second floor of the chapel and popping everybody in the head on the way down when you're in the Hoboken cemetery with Passos was the coolest shit in the world.

The extended bit near the end with the Health song playing had a ton of great slo-mo moments.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Mikey2D

@Yummylee said:

Besides that, because this is a R* joint, there's been plenty of laugh-riot-inducing jank. One such moment I recall was during the stadium, when I dived up a flight of stairs only for Max to whack his head and then do some sort of backflip. I didn't receive any damage, but it left me exposed all the same to get my bearded face blown away. There was another where I shot some guy into a small grate and his corpse kind of... melded with it, with the character model freaking the fuck out like it was possessed. Finally, and this happened only an hour ago, there was a moment when I shot a guy with a shotgun and his corpse somehow flew up into the ceiling and his corpse got stuck between some pipes - again, with the usual assortment of freaking the fuck out.

It's not like I'm in anyway turned off by those occurrences; they sure as Hell tend to break the immersion, but the hilarity that ensues is always enough to make me shrug and roll with it. Even in a super-serious game like Max Payne 3, watching the physics go completely haywire is still a blessing.

Jank wise I had a pretty good one. When you first go to the docks there is a man stood in a watch tower, he starts to leave and disappear inside - I think this is what rockstar wanted to happen. Either way - before he could get inside I head shotted him and was treated to some bizzare noises as he was obviously glitching out on the floor in there. I waited a couple of seconds and saw that he glitched out so much that he fell through the floor and down to my level. Fun :P

Cool wise - I have some fond memories of the airport scene. I managed (somehow) to complete the entire scene where 'Tears' by Health is playing on hard mode. It was a desperate gun battle but I'm so glad I managed to do it in one take as it were as it made me feel bad ass and like I'd just gone through hell. At one point I ran out of ammo and managed to tuck and roll over a shotgun before shoot diving and head shotting a couple of guys - I was low on health and just as all hope was lost I spied some pain killers, grabbed em, popped em, and carried on :)

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Genkkaku

Probably the best moment, wasn't overly cool but managing to headshot everyone of Free Aim through the airport conveyer belt bit (although my second try) whilst never getting off the conveyer

I had this wierd animation glitch where I went into slow motion and started aiming and hammering the shoot button, but Max felt compelled to wave his arms and get shot to death :\

Also during the tram ride, when the cutscene played, on of the dead guys on the platform rode with the tram, kinda hilarious

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Going into shoot dodge, hit a railing, stick in the railing, shoot fools in bullet time.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By octaslash

Diving and laying down on automatic walkways made me feel satisfyingly lazy.

McGrittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By McGrittles

I feel though the map and died

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OldManLight

i kinda laugh every time i do a shot dodge on an elevated platform and i dive over he rail and fall to my death.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.