Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Have you beaten arcade mode or hardcore mode?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

I've beaten hard mode and old school mode. I unlock the advance max payne skin for beating old-school mode to use in arcade mode. Max payne looks like something off of minecraft wearing the advance skin. I still got to beat hardcore mode. But at the moment I'm playing arcade mode to unlock multiplayer skins.

Ehker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ehker

After beating it on hard, I'm not sure I want to try the other stuff. Was a bit of a pain in a few parts, but it's tempting to give another go. The New York minute stuff really sounds... ugh...

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By falserelic

@Ehker said:

After beating it on hard, I'm not sure I want to try the other stuff. Was a bit of a pain in a few parts, but it's tempting to give another go. The New York minute stuff really sounds... ugh...

Can't blame you I feel the same way. The only reason I'm doing it. Is to get the rest of the unlockables and trophy.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By triumvir

I thought Hardcore was a little easier than Hard. It seemed like you get even less bullet time rewards and you can only take two or three shots at the most (upper torso and head shots seem like instant kills), but it seems like the enemies have similar health, so they are easier to kill. Anyway, I could be wrong about all this, but I did find Hardcore easier than Hard. Just remember to hoard painkillers in Chapter XIV for the hanger shootout. I suspect that that one is near-impossibly difficult without 6-9 painkillers at the ready.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nilazz

So, what is the difference between hard,hardcore and old school?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falserelic

@Nilazz said:

Hard mode is when you have limited pain killers and the enemies are more deadly. Hardcore mode is pretty much a worse version of hard mode. Old school mode disables the ability to do last man standing. Where you have a pain killer and your about to die, and you have to shoot someone to gain your health back. You won't be able to do that in old school mode.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rolanthas

Score Attack and New York Minute are addicting! I implore all to check them out.

I heard old school's not nearly as tough as hard, can anyone confirm? I didn't think hard was that frustrating, apart from maybe the airport entrance, which I always have issues with.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By falserelic

@rolanthas said:

Score Attack and New York Minute are addicting! I implore all to check them out.

I heard old school's not nearly as tough as hard, can anyone confirm? I didn't think hard was that frustrating, apart from maybe the airport entrance, which I always have issues with.

Yeah, old school mode wasn't hard. I got through it pretty fast.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @falserelic said:

@Nilazz said:

Hard mode is when you have limited pain killers and the enemies are more deadly.

Pretty sure the amount of painkillers you get in Hard is the same as normal. In fact, I ended up with far more painkillers at once than I had on normal because I explored the levels a little more the second time through. The only noticeable difference in the two modes is that, like you said, the enemies do more damage to you.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By falserelic

@OneKillWonder_: Yeah your right my mistake.

sublime90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By sublime90

well i played the first chapter for both arcade and new york minute. its cool but im not very good at trying to rack up tons of points but i'll play more of it. im actually thinking about trying hard mode but im getting nervous with people talking about how ball busting it can be.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rolanthas

@sublime90: It really isn't that bad. If you got the hang of some stuff in normal, you won't even feel the difference until about the last 1/3.

And painkillers heal fully on hard, I've no idea why.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By falserelic

@sublime90 said:

well i played the first chapter for both arcade and new york minute. its cool but im not very good at trying to rack up tons of points but i'll play more of it. im actually thinking about trying hard mode but im getting nervous with people talking about how ball busting it can be.

As long as you don't rush during a shootout you should be fine.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mano521

arcade mode isnt too tough, and this is coming from someone who sucks pretty hard at this game. Got mostly platinum medals.

New York Minute however, made me want smash my xbox on my face. Gonna try to beat the last level soonish. Not even sure when im gonna attempt hard mode

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.