Max Payne 3 QuickLook

#1 Posted by Paindamnation (800 posts) -

Did it just get pulled down? The darn PAX East video is now number 1 slot in quick looks. Man I was looking forward to this today.

#2 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

Just keep F5ing, man. That will fix everything.

#3 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

I didn't ever see it go up :(

#4 Posted by Space_Sandwich (108 posts) -

Glad to see I'm not the only one constantly refreshing here... IT'S MADDENING!

#5 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -
#6 Posted by Fredddi43 (328 posts) -

Dammit, that link just redirects me to the 'video' main page.

#7 Posted by Phished0ne (2497 posts) -

EVERYONE START FREAKING OUT.

#8 Posted by Ghostiet (5251 posts) -

Probably some embargo until exactly tomorrow. I know it was in the queue, but maybe they simply preloaded it to the site.

#9 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

I was really looking forward to this.

:(

#10 Posted by Game_Baron (119 posts) -

I thought something was amiss this morning.

#11 Posted by notlupus (45 posts) -

I thought the review/video release embargo was until 12PM Eastern Time today.

#12 Posted by Fourman (16 posts) -

I am freaking the fuck out right now man.

#13 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

@Fredddi43 said:

Dammit, that link just redirects me to the 'video' main page.

That's what it does, until it's unlocked. Time Trotters was 17-5972 and 17-5973 just 404s, it was quick-looked and uploaded on Friday.

Either their automated process messed up or Rockstar doesn't want them to release any footage until tomorrow.

#14 Posted by Heltom92 (709 posts) -
#15 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Sigh... another missed deadline.

Sometimes I wish they just wouldn't bother putting that stuff into the schedule.

#16 Posted by RampageAssassin (426 posts) -

I really hope it's not filled with spoilers and they show off some multiplayer.

#17 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1324 posts) -

AaaahhhhhH!

#18 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

But, I cancelled every appointment so I could be looking into my computer monitor right now.

#19 Posted by falpatrick (169 posts) -

But... but... :(

#20 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Was looking forward to it all day, kinda want to know more about that game, bummer that it was a no show

Oh well, hope it pops up soonish

#21 Posted by LevelUpAdrian (162 posts) -

I dunno about embargo - we got a copy yesterday with no embargo and as of midnight Aus time (2 hours ago) it's being sold in 24-hour stores. Had midnight launches gone off for the game, it would've been sold too.

Yeah, not sure what happened with it, but I don't think it was because of an embargo.

#22 Posted by AnotherSomebody (152 posts) -

The "Coming Up On Giant Bomb" section is seldom ever even close to accurate, yet I always manage to let it get my hopes up then promptly dash them. I don't know why I keep falling for it...

#23 Posted by Feikken (221 posts) -

@Winternet: high five

#24 Posted by MrMuscle (447 posts) -
#25 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

"Wow, really interested to see Max Payne 3 in action"

*Makes dinner and gets ready to consume food and Quick Look simultaneously*

"Wow, this is going to be good"

*Presses F5, realizes there is no Quick Look and that it is gone from upcoming section*

#26 Posted by MachoFantastico (4650 posts) -

Interested to see more, it was either Max Payne or Diablo 3 and I went with Diablo 3. Don't really have the passion like many do for the Max Payne franchise, that said it still looks fantastic and will surely pick it up at one point.  

Though I don't really have a great history with Diablo either :D

#27 Edited by AndrewB (7591 posts) -

Command R and F5... forever.

#28 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@Grissefar: lol exactly the same thing happened over here.

#29 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1324 posts) -

Wanted to check it out before I have to work, woke up a bit early because of it. First time I've ever done that for a quick look.

#30 Posted by Sheetsy77 (198 posts) -

Interesting... Man, I wanted this today cause tomorrow unless they upload it at 9am before my order comes in I won't watch until later that day cause I'LL BE PLAYING IT!!

#31 Posted by Paindamnation (800 posts) -
#32 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -
#33 Edited by Superfriend (1545 posts) -

@Grissefar said:

"Wow, really interested to see Max Payne 3 in action"

*Makes dinner and gets ready to consume food and Quick Look simultaneously*

"Wow, this is going to be good"

*Presses F5, realizes there is no Quick Look and that it is gone from upcoming section*

Nice! I see other duders like to enjoy their QLs with a bit of food too!

C´mon bring on Max Payne 3! I´ve waited too long to finally see it in action.

#34 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

Damn. I hope it gets put up before I go to work. The quicklook was how I was gonna decide if I wanted to grab it tomorrow or not.

#35 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -
#36 Posted by hardindr (189 posts) -

Maybe the uploader is broken? It happens... Reviews are up everywhere else.

#37 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

@Paindamnation said:

Ugh. That darn Pax East thing is everywhere now. It's EVEN in the Quick Looks section.Can't escape it! BTW The URL would be http://www.giantbomb.com/max-payne-3/17-5973/

No it's not, it's 17-5971. It was already quick-looked and uploaded on Friday. 5973 404s. Jar Time was 5970, Time Trotters was 5972, 5971 is without a doubt Max Payne 3.

#38 Posted by Sheetsy77 (198 posts) -
#39 Posted by MJHAYLETT (439 posts) -

something went 'ping' no doubt but I am sure they are hard at work fixing it. So far I have seen a 7.6, 8.0 and a 9.0 for Max Payne 3 so its safe to assume its a good game if you like that kind of game. Happy Days for you :D

#40 Posted by Fredddi43 (328 posts) -

@Superfriend said:

@Grissefar said:

Nice! I see other duders like to enjoy their QLs with a bit of food too!

C´mon bring on Max Payne 3! I´ve waited too long to finally see it in action.

Totally! Quick Look + Dinner = Best Combination Ever!

#41 Posted by Paindamnation (800 posts) -

@Winternet said:

@Paindamnation: Wouldn't be something like this: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-max-payne-2/17-5971

Change the number to 5973, their system goes by the number in which it was uploaded Time Trotters was 5972, So if it follows conjuncture it should be 5973. Just a guess.

#42 Posted by BasketSnake (1194 posts) -

Such a long wait for just a quick look.

#43 Posted by MachoFantastico (4650 posts) -

Gametrailers didn't think to highly of it apparently, 7.6. That said I stopped caring what they thought as most of their reviews are a joke to me. 

#44 Posted by Paindamnation (800 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@Paindamnation said:

Ugh. That darn Pax East thing is everywhere now. It's EVEN in the Quick Looks section.Can't escape it! BTW The URL would be http://www.giantbomb.com/max-payne-3/17-5973/

No it's not, it's 17-5971. It was already quick-looked and uploaded on Friday. 5973 404s. Jar Time was 5970, Time Trotters was 5972, 5971 is without a doubt Max Payne 3.

Whatever it is. IT'S NOT UP NOW. Unfortunately.

#45 Posted by MachoFantastico (4650 posts) -

Know it's not the right place right time, but any know when Diablo 3 reviews hit? 

#46 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -
#47 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

@Paindamnation: The order of which vids appear on the site may not be the same as they get uploaded to the system. 5971 is still missing which leads me to believe it's MP3.

@Fredddi43: It doesn't top the combo Endurance Run + Dinner

#48 Posted by Syndrom (361 posts) -

lol 7.6, i call bullshit

#49 Edited by Glottery (1225 posts) -

My mind shattered, as I went through a list of comments after comments, not a single one of them trying to mimic Max Payne's inner monologue...then I myself realized, that I don't really have the skills to pull it off either, so I let go of my post reply dreams, like I let go of my gun and released my finger from the trigger...then I went to get my coat...

#50 Posted by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

I think Ryan's in the middle of reviewing Max Payne 3 at least, judging by the screenshots he's uploading.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.