Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

So how long is this?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Pie

IGN's review states "The main story lasts no more than 12 hours". Wondered if anyone who had played it could comment on this. With most games of this type only lasting around 8 hours max 12 hours sounds pretty awesome.

Thanks!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I would like to know this as well. I watched the first 5 hours and stopped when shit got interesting, I'd be very pleased to know that there are at least 7 more hours of footage I haven't seen. 

@Pie said:

With most games of this type only lasting around 8 hours max 

I see what you did there, guy. Haven't seen you in the gb chatroom in a while, jump on a-hole!
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @AhmadMetallic
    I would like to know this as well. I watched the first 5 hours and stopped when shit got interesting, I'd be very pleased to know that there are at least 7 more hours of footage I haven't seen. 

@Pie said:

With most games of this type only lasting around 8 hours max 

I see what you did there, guy. Haven't seen you in the gb chatroom in a while, jump on a-hole!
    Would you say an 8 hour max is payneful?

Fuck guys.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pie

@AhmadMetallic said:

Now why would you do that?@AhmadMetallic said:

Haven't seen you in the gb chatroom in a while, jump on a-hole!

Oh haven't I? hehehehe

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I don't recall seeing a stat page but I would say around 10 hours on medium with all collectibles feels about right.  Just from how difficult medium was, I'm sure the tougher difficulties will add hours of having to replay checkpoints over and over again.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pie

@sins_of_mosin said:

I don't recall seeing a stat page but I would say around 10 hours on medium with all collectibles feels about right. Just from how difficult medium was, I'm sure the tougher difficulties will add hours of having to replay checkpoints over and over again.

Thanks! Sounds good. Did you spend a lot of time searching for the collectibles or are they just lying about in your path?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By napalm

I finished in a little more than nine hours, but I was bumrushing it for the most part.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Quarters

Don't know how many hours, but it is 14 Chapters long. Take that for what you will.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sins_of_mosin
    @Pie said:

@sins_of_mosin said:

I don't recall seeing a stat page but I would say around 10 hours on medium with all collectibles feels about right. Just from how difficult medium was, I'm sure the tougher difficulties will add hours of having to replay checkpoints over and over again.

Thanks! Sounds good. Did you spend a lot of time searching for the collectibles or are they just lying about in your path?

Some of the clues are but you don't know they are clues until you get next to them and see the button prompt.  The golden gun parts are usually off the path.
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I didn't time myself, but I would estimate that it took me around ten hours to beat. I should have split my playtime into multiple days, I felt like shit last night.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm

@sins_of_mosin said:

@Pie said:

@sins_of_mosin said:

Some of the clues are but you don't know they are clues until you get next to them and see the button prompt. The golden gun parts are usually off the path.

What is the point of the golden weapon collects? Do they form new guns to use in single player?

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sins_of_mosin
    @Napalm said:

@sins_of_mosin said:

@Pie said:

@sins_of_mosin said:

Some of the clues are but you don't know they are clues until you get next to them and see the button prompt. The golden gun parts are usually off the path.

What is the point of the golden weapon collects? Do they form new guns to use in single player?

The main benefit I saw was that they held more ammo in the magazine.  No idea if they do more damage or not but the added ammo was nice.  I do have a warning thou to never pick up a gun with a laser sight as it seemed to be very inaccurate.
    Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Paindamnation

So how long is this?

That's what she said.

To the more real information, 10-12 hours on medium.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

I want to say it took me more than eight hours to beat it on Normal. I collected well over half of the golden gun pieces, and half of the other collectibles.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By august

About four letters.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@sins_of_mosin said:

@Napalm said:

@sins_of_mosin said:

@Pie said:

@sins_of_mosin said:

The main benefit I saw was that they held more ammo in the magazine. No idea if they do more damage or not but the added ammo was nice. I do have a warning thou to never pick up a gun with a laser sight as it seemed to be very inaccurate.

Finishing a golden gun also allows you to use a gold version of that weapon in multiplayer.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By napalm

@DrDarkStryfe said:

[...] and half of the other collectibles.

There's other collectibles besides the golden gun parts?

@sins_of_mosin, @PeasantAbuse: How does access to the golden guns in single player work? Is there some way to select it before a chapter, or do you just pick them up at the beginning, or is every gun assumed to be a golden gun when you pick it up through out the level?

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Napalm said:

@DrDarkStryfe said:

[...] and half of the other collectibles.

There's other collectibles besides the golden gun parts?

@sins_of_mosin, @PeasantAbuse: How does access to the golden guns in single player work? Is there some way to select it before a chapter, or do you just pick them up at the beginning, or is every gun assumed to be a golden gun when you pick it up through out the level?

I think once you collect the three pieces for a gun, whenever you pick that weapon up it will be gold. There is an option in the menu to turn golden gun effects on and off.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Clonedzero

i JUST got to disk 2 in the story. (assuming thats halfway?) and im at about roughly 7 hours or so. pretty damn great game.

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Those who have finished, did it feel about as long as the previous games? No spoilers please! :D

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Quarters

@Napalm said:

@sins_of_mosin said:

@Pie said:

@sins_of_mosin said:

On top of the slight benefit and the MP, collect all the golden guns and you can use infinite ammo in the campaign. Currently working to get that unlocked...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.