Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 31, 2008

The sequel to the critically acclaimed Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. Now set in war-torn Venezuela, the player again takes on contracts for various warring factions on a quest for payback.

Glitch??

CaptainCrunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainCrunch

So I'm at 48% percent completion. Whenever I go to load the game, it freezes in the loading screen. I thought this was strange, considering the game was fresh out of the case (360 version). I took the disc out to look and there were no scratches. Its not just the game that freezes, its my entire xbox. I can't load the guide or anything.

When I tried loading my saved game for the 100th time, not only did it load, it gave me 6 achievements (worth 125 points) also. I never actually earned these achievements and some of them would have been impossible to earn at that point in the game. The achievements are as follows:

Partners in Crime - This requires you to play co-op (something I hadn't done yet)
    Hail and Kill - Destroy 50 items using melee attacks (again hadn't done that yet)
    Be Quick or Be Dead - Snipe 50 enemy vehicle drivers (I haven't sniped 1 enemy driver)
    Billion Dollar Babies - Earn 1 billion dollars (I have 4 million)
    Longing For Fire - Max mood with Chinese (I haven't encountered the Chinese yet)
    Eat the Heat - Do a burnout (again havn't done this)

After getting the six achievements, it let me play the game. The next time I tried to load it, it would not work. Has anyone else had this issue? Or is it just me?

CaptainCrunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CaptainCrunch

So it loaded again and I got 3 more achievements. Again, these achievements were for things I couldn't do yet. Whats going on?

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ma7moud

I think you should post at Pandemic Forums they may have explanation for what happened to you.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

Captain Crunch I didn't get anything frozen at all but got those six achievements for doing nothing.  I just talked to the girl and when I exited I got all of those.  I haven't done any of those either but I am happy ;)

Avatar image for reversethedevil
    reversethedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By reversethedevil

I'd try some memory maintenance on your xbox.
    Try this it will not erase any or your game saves:

Locate the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
    Select Memory, select Hard Drive, and then press Y to view the device options screen.
    On the Xbox 360 Controller, press the X button, press the X button again, press the left bumper, press the right bumper, press the X button, and then press the X button again.
    You will be prompted to confirm system maintenance. Select Yes by pressing A.

Here is the link on microsofts support page. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907586/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.