motion controls

#1 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

just for the sake of discussion, i am going to assume that this game will come with motion controls to boot. also for the sake of discussion, i am going to make up that rising is going to have a release on wii. having seen what sony, microsoft and nintendo have to offer with their motion controllers (or lack of), which would you prefer to use for metal gear solid rising?

it is probable that i will be buying the pc version (and thus nullifying this entire thread as i won't even have motion controls), but if that were not an option, i would definitely go for sony's move.

#2 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

inb4 shitstorm

#3 Posted by GunstarRed (5047 posts) -

The move without a doubt... using your hand as a sword would be stupid.
#4 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -
@marioncobretti said:
" The move without a doubt... using your hand as a sword would be stupid. "
hand gestures like that wouldn't be that odd. the thing that baffles me, how would you even move around in kinect? unless, of course, the kinect version assumes that you are a fully trained ninja and would just have you perform ninja-esque moves in front of the camera.
#5 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

If it has move support it would have been pimped at the sony press conference, saying "the only system where you can do that"

It didnt, so it wont

#6 Posted by GunstarRed (5047 posts) -
@Toms115:
It gives third parties a terrible excuse to start selling fake plastic swords to use in games to make it more "authentic"... I remember seeing my sister buy a wii zapper and being completely confused by her stupidity. 

I assume you have to run on the spot... or possibly mind control..... nanomachines!
#7 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" If it has move support it would have been pimped at the sony press conference, saying "the only system where you can do that"  It didnt, so it wont "

straight from my original post: "just for the sake of discussion, i am going to assume that this game will come with motion controls to boot."
#8 Posted by Zereta (1365 posts) -
@marioncobretti said:
" The move without a doubt... using your hand as a sword would be stupid. "
In taekwondo, I use my hand in a knife like motion. 

Holding space ice-cream seems a bit more weird to me O.O
#9 Posted by GunstarRed (5047 posts) -
@Zereta:
when I'm out on the street fighting people I only ever use a space ice cream.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.