Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

Cheapest Online Ever

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Red

Has anyone else noticed that MGO just has the cheapest players that it isn't even fun? I mean, I played it for a good 2 hours today and whenever I tried to do something cool I'd just get sniped in the head or when I head a health advantage the guy would have a machine gun which would make us both die at the same time. Plus customizing your character with 'Reward Points' is incredibly tedious and the game should've been a little slower, because it's Metal Gear Solid.

That being said, there are times when MGO is really fun, but 90% of the time you're just getting hit from a cheap kill or a spawn camper.

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AutomaticSnake

Well i bought MGS4 just for the single player, i dont really care about the online.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By brukaoru

I like MGO but I can see why others don't. I personally don't mind dying a bzillion times because I tend to fail at every game I play.

Balaamsafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Balaamsafe

personaly i like it, but the mgs system is very easy for players to take advantage of.  If you master using, magazines, cqc and tranquilisers(gas or darts) you can abuse the system and pretty much take out everyone.  I've seen someone take out 4 players with a knife and a few issues of playboy.

Having said that, if you find a good game where lots of people are using m4s or p90s and not being cheap, it can be great fun.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Homer

Yeah, I agree.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BoG
    balaamsafe said:
    "personaly i like it, but the mgs system is very easy for players to take advantage of.  If you master using, magazines, cqc and tranquilisers(gas or darts) you can abuse the system and pretty much take out everyone.  I've seen someone take out 4 players with a knife and a few issues of playboy.

Having said that, if you find a good game where lots of people are using m4s or p90s and not being cheap, it can be great fun."
    That's the game, balaam. You must realize that, as long as you can do exactly the same thing, nothing is cheap. If other players were exploiting and hacking, that is cheap and cheating. In this case, you have free access to a playboy and a knife. Everyone fights in a different style, and in order to survive, you must be prepared for anything. Personally, I find the varied tactics that players may use in the game to be a large drawing point. I love MGO.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

I think MGO is horrible...and it's not because it's cheap or that it has spawn-camping. I just think it's not well designed and not any fun...and most people who I've talked to who really like the game have never actually played an online shooter before. When you compare this game to the other options out there it's not even worthy of comparison...and I know people will give the argument that it's free...it is, but it also may start nickel and dime- ing the hell out of us.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

I definitely find some of the things you can do in this very satisfying since they just don't have it in other games(cqc, slit dudes throats etc) that being said with the game designed like that it is just asking people to constantly abuse and grief( i.e. a teamate being a dick and knocking you out repeatedly with no penalty)I love MGS4, the online is 'ok' to me( I love sneaking mission tho) but nothing more, the people who played it since MGS3's online or just like this kind of different playstyle in a game like this, will continue playing, but its definitely a hit or miss here, everyone either loves it or can't stand it.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BoG
    Kush said:
    "I think MGO is horrible...and it's not because it's cheap or that it has spawn-camping. I just think it's not well designed and not any fun...and most people who I've talked to who really like the game have never actually played an online shooter before. When you compare this game to the other options out there it's not even worthy of comparison...and I know people will give the argument that it's free...it is, but it also may start nickel and dime- ing the hell out of us.
    "
    I don't know, I've played other online shooters and I still enjoy it. It gets just as much time as Team Fortress 2 in my life, and that is saying something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.