Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jun 12, 2008

In 2014, war has become so routine that it is at the core of the global economy. A rapidly aging Solid Snake picks up his gun and embarks upon his final mission in this epic tale of tactical espionage action -- the conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.

What is it about the multiplayer......

scumble373

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By scumble373

I don't know why but even know I fell in love with the Metal gear solid 4 campaign I find it hard to make myself play metal gear online. I don't know, i just don't like it, I always find myself reaching for either Call of duty 4  (NOT WAW) or Resistance 2. Does anyone else feel like this!!!?

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Scumble373 said:
    "I don't know why but even know I fell in love with the Metal gear solid 4 campaign I find it hard to make myself play metal gear online. I don't know, i just don't like it, I always find myself reaching for either Call of duty 4  (NOT WAW) or Resistance 2. Does anyone else feel like this!!!?"
    It is much different than both of those games. COD and R2 are much more pick up and play. Less of a learning curve too.
    Silver_Tongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Silver_Tongue

I actually like MGO better than Resistance 2.  No, MGO's not a great game, but it's fun after getting use to the controls.

Although, if I didn't snipe as much as I do, then doing close quarters shooting would not be fun.  I haven't found the perfect settings to make the controls for that feel tight enough.

DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By DorianBlack

I honestly hate it. Everyone just runs and guns which I have no interest in and there is absolutely no communication.  There is nothing I hate more in regards to gaming than playing a multiplayer game where no one is talking.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

i hate it too. i always reach for either cod waw (NOT COD4!), resistance 2, or socom

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By fr0br0
    KairuDeLarge said:
    "I honestly hate it. Everyone just runs and guns which I have no interest in and there is absolutely no communication.  There is nothing I hate more in regards to gaming than playing a multiplayer game where no one is talking."
    Word. This game could have been HUGE if they focused more on the team based aspect of it, but they gave us something that was pretty much another run and gun third person shooter. But it's always nice to hear that "DING" after scoring a head shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.