Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 18, 2014

The stand-alone prelude to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, giving players a taste of the new open-world gameplay mechanics while setting up the main game's story, as Snake (Big Boss) must infiltrate a prison camp to rescue his comrades.

Answers next week?

Sarge506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sarge506
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I hope they don't. I want this insane mystery around this game to run as long as it possibly can.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero
    @MooseyMcMan

I hope they don't. I want this insane mystery around this game to run as long as it possibly can.

I second this. The rampant speculation is awesome.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

@BisonHero said:

@MooseyMcMan

They'll probably reveal little enough information that even more ridiculous speculative mutli-paragraphed threads will stem from the content that'll be in the article, trying to fill in all the blanks.

I guess it's because the plot in this franchise is so whacky and so far up its own ass, and because of how mysterious and cryptic the marketing around it is, that fans can say stupid shit with a grain of salt and still sound believable enough for page-long discussions to ensue.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Snail said:

@BisonHero said:

@MooseyMcMan

They'll probably reveal little enough information that even more ridiculous speculative mutli-paragraphed threads will stem from the content that'll be in the article, trying to fill in all the blanks.

I guess it's because the plot in this franchise is so whacky and so far up its own ass, and because of how mysterious and cryptic the marketing around it is, that fans can say stupid shit with a grain of salt and still sound believable enough for page-long discussions to ensue.

At least some of the characters are okay.
    SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@MooseyMcMan said:

What mystery? People figured stuff out within minutes of the trailer releasing. This isn't a Valve ARG

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

This needs to end with Kojima saying it was a typo that got overlooked

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nottle

@MooseyMcMan said:

They announce a 4rd Metal Gear game in development, one thats not Rising, Phantom Pain, or Ground Zeroes. @MikeGosot: Not to mention that it can take itself seriously and when it does it is effective.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Nottle said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

They announce a 4rd Metal Gear game in development, one thats not Rising, Phantom Pain, or Ground Zeroes. @MikeGosot: Not to mention that it can take itself seriously and when it does it is effective.

Well, i really don't like the overall story, except for MGS3. So yeah, even when it takes itself seriously, at least in my case, it doesn't work. But i guess that's not true to the majority.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

@SomeDeliCook said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

What mystery? People figured stuff out within minutes of the trailer releasing. This isn't a Valve ARG

I think he's referring to the kind of threads and internet discussion where people speculate about who the protagonist will be, or what the plot will cover, sometimes supporting their theories with a hefty amount of paragraphs.

None of these theories are probably right, and yet you kind of can't help thinking "...but what if"?, and deep down there, each of the fans defending their own cherished pet ideas knows that if they are right - and they might be because MGS is batshit crazy - they'll have the profound, shouting joy of "I WAS RIGHT BITCHES".

The trailer is pretty cryptic, and the whole speculative discussion around is the thing that's kind of insane. What we know about it may have been figured out pretty early on, but these discussions seem to be still ongoing. If Kojima Productions/Moby Dick Studio (if that's even a thing) waited a year to reveal any more info, they would probably last for that long.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nottle

@MikeGosot said:

@Nottle said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Well, i really don't like the overall story, except for MGS3. So yeah, even when it takes itself seriously, at least in my case, it doesn't work. But i guess that's not true to the majority.

Ha, well I was thinking MGS3 when it comes to the story being serious in a good way. Though I also like the wacky ness, the humor and the mellodrama.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Nottle said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Nottle said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Ha, well I was thinking MGS3 when it comes to the story being serious in a good way. Though I also like the wacky ness, the humor and the mellodrama.

Well, then you got me.
    pleasedaddyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pleasedaddyno

orrr...kojima having a meeting with JJ Abrams a few days ago at Bad Robot was really about Abrams taking over the reigns for the MGS movie from Avi Arad, and sunglasses will suddenly become compulsory at the movie where the lens flare will otherwise make us blind:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Herk

What was announced?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.