Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 18, 2014

The stand-alone prelude to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, giving players a taste of the new open-world gameplay mechanics while setting up the main game's story, as Snake (Big Boss) must infiltrate a prison camp to rescue his comrades.

Are you buying Ground Zeroes next week?

• 147 results
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you buying Ground Zeroes next week? (326 votes)

Hell to the fucking Yes ( I look forward to playing it and enjoying that tactical mgs experience) 46%
    Hell to the fucking No ( I ain't playing it and I have my reasons) 17%
    Well maybe ( I'm tempted, but still not for sure if its worth it yet) 37%

Well after I've got bored of playing that piece of shit Thief game. I'm going to go ahead and check out Ground Zeroes, and trade in Thief and put it to good use of paying off the game. At first I wasn't going to get Ground Zeroes because I've been hearing about the ''length'' issue, but fuck it the game can hold me over until second son releases. Besides after playing Thief I don't give a shit if the game is short as long as its enjoyable I'm fine.

• 
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@bane122: I don't have exact quotes, but I know he's said that he knows people like me are chomping at the bit for Metal Gear, so part of why he split it is to let us play something sooner, rather than waiting for late 2015 or early 2016.

And the other reasons, that I will admit are more me filling in the gaps and making assumptions, are that Kojima wants to put out a game (Phantom Pain) that opens with that waking up in a hospital being attacked stuff we've seen in the trailers, and that Konami is breathing down his neck and forcing him to put something out sooner, rather than later. One of those is a business reason, but the other is a creative reason.

Also, Ground Zeroes isn't a demo, it's not in the main game. To answer your previous question, no, I don't consider that Bravely Default thing to be a demo. It's a free game.

Its essentially Metal Gear Solid V :Episode 1 Its a prologue saying its a demo is just silly because Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are two entirely stories that combine to make Metal Gear Solid V. As Kojima has said before this is essentially comparable to a more fleshed out Tanker level from Metal Gear Solid 2.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@demoskinos: Yo, dude. I've been fighting this fight. There's no winning it. That dude won't see reason here. Next thing you know he'll be telling us to respect our wallets.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By musubi

@demoskinos: Yo, dude. I've been fighting this fight. There's no winning it. That dude won't see reason here. Next thing you know he'll be telling us to respect our wallets.

Oh, I know and by next week I'll be too busy to remotely care! Even if it is short re-running the game in different ways going for speed runs better ranks ect tons of potential play time out of that.

I think its just silly that people can't look at what kind of things they are paying $20-$15 for and not think that $30 for this is a fair price. To each his own I suppose. Everyone else's loss if they skip it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Yeah, especially when in this case it's a $20 game on last gen, so we're really paying $10 for better resolution and frame rate. Which, you know, for some people isn't worth it, but I think it is.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By spraynardtatum

I just think people should rent it.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm gonna fry me up some sunny side up eggs and play the hell out of Ground Zeroes.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen it on Steam so probably not.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By TruthTellah

I may buckle and buy it digitally, but we'll see. People's impressions will likely have a heavy weight on whether I invest in it right away. I will definitely be playing it eventually, but depending on its length and content, I may pick it up sooner rather than later.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo, dude. I've been fighting this fight. There's no winning it. That dude won't see reason here. Next thing you know he'll be telling us to respect our wallets.

Considering I thought we had a pretty respectful discussion and even said people can do whatever makes them happy, that's a pretty shitty thing to say about me. Good to know you'll just throw you hands up and talk shit when confronted with some facts and quotes though instead of assumptions. I'll keep that in mind for any future interactions.

It's really weird how defensive people are over this.

knifeoframbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The price cut for current gen made it a definite purchase for me. And even then I probably would've gotten it, metal gear is my favorite series you see.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just been playing through Peace Walker on PS3 and I can't wait for Ground Zeroes. I don't really care about the price, from what I can tell I about the amount of content I am totally fine paying 30 bucks for it. Besides it beats having to wait years for Phantom Pain to come out.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already preordered it.

Picking it up on release.

I don't care about the length. If it's Metal Gear Solid then I'm getting it!

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#113  Edited By Flappy

Naaaaaah. I look forward to hearing about the wackiness, though.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane122 said:
    @mooseymcman said:

Yo, dude. I've been fighting this fight. There's no winning it. That dude won't see reason here. Next thing you know he'll be telling us to respect our wallets.

Considering I thought we had a pretty respectful discussion and even said people can do whatever makes them happy, that's a pretty shitty thing to say about me. Good to know you'll just throw you hands up and talk shit when confronted with some facts and quotes though instead of assumptions. I'll keep that in mind for any future interactions.

It's really weird how defensive people are over this.

In the end, you can think it is a demo all you want. You can argue that point all you want. You're not gonna change anybody's mind about buying it. There is literally no point in anybody arguing over this. The thread is asking who is planning on buying this next week. Not give your opinion on why people shouldn't buy it.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to but it's only for consoles right?

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marc: Maybe tell that to the people who actually made it an argument. All I did was say why I wasn't getting it right away, others got defensive and started name calling and made it a thing. I never said others shouldn't buy it, I even clearly said people can do what they want.

Damn, it's like people aren't actually reading what I'm posting.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane122 said:

@marc: Maybe tell that to the people who actually made it an argument. All I did was say why I wasn't getting it right away, others got defensive and started name calling and made it a thing. I never said others shouldn't buy it, I even clearly said people can do what they want.

Damn, it's like people aren't actually reading what I'm posting.

You are being equally defensive with your own opinion of it, though. We get it. You don't wanna buy it because you think it is a demo. That is already more information than this thread was ever asking for.

People always wonder why there is still a stigma against video games. Arguing over silliness like this is exactly why.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marc: I'm being defensive? I posted what I thought then when people came at me I posted reasons why I thought it. I've not called anyone a child, say they have a skewed perspective, or state they're unreasonable and will start telling others what to do with their money. Is it people defending their opinion with reason or the ones doing that type of shit that give gamers a bad rep?

Odd that you're so against a discussion happening on a discussion board.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By marc

@bane122 said:

@marc: I'm being defensive? I posted what I thought then when people came at me I posted reasons why I thought it. I've not called anyone a child, say they have a skewed perspective, or state they're unreasonable and will start telling others what to do with their money. Is it people defending their opinion with reason or the ones doing that type of shit that give gamers a bad rep?

Odd that you're so against a discussion happening on a discussion board.

So other people giving their opinion is being defensive, but when you give yours it isn't. okay. The last thing anyone even said regarding your opinion is that they give up on it. You are the one who kept it going. Just saying.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Bane122

@marc: No, people giving their opinion is not being defensive, but making jabs at the person instead of their argument is.

You know why I "kept going"? Because people addressed me. That's called responding. That's called discussion. If you'll notice I was perfectly fine ending it until Moosey started talking shit about me.

Now, I'm perfectly fine ending it here... again. Maybe others can do the same this time.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 24

I still get my Xbox360 out, plan to box that thing in after Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea Episode 2, I think I might get Ground Zeroes next week if I have time to play it largely because Kiefer Sutherland is in it and yes, I watch 24.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane122: That was mostly meant to be a joke about what Patrick said (the wallets line). I apologize, I'm usually better than that on the internet, with regards to saying bad things about other people. I should have known better.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooseymcman: No worries, my friend. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's kind of shitty for Patrick to say.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By marc

@bane122 said:

Totally agree. If he doesn't like the fact that it costs $19.99-$29.99, that's fine. but for him to say that (which I see as disrespectful to those who plan to buy it) all while having no issues preaching about the likes of Gone Home for $20, is quite hilarious.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marc: Yep. Generally I find him a pretty stand up guy but he's definitely being hypocritical there. And I agree, it is being disrespectful. Why care that much about what others buy?

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

REDBOX RENTAL

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By marc

@bane122 said:

@marc: Yep. Generally I find him a pretty stand up guy but he's definitely being hypocritical there. And I agree, it is being disrespectful. Why care that much about what others buy?

Agreed. I enjoy a lot of his work on the site. But every once and a while he will say something like that and all I can think is "That's why a lot of people don't like you". It's fine to say fuck that game. But to act as if it is beneath him is silly. Like we get it. He is a gaming hipster.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@marc said:

@bane122 said:

Totally agree. If he doesn't like the fact that it costs $19.99-$29.99, that's fine. but for him to say that (which I see as disrespectful to those who plan to buy it) all while having no issues preaching about the likes of Gone Home for $20, is quite hilarious.

Where did Patrick say this wallet line?

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:
    @marc said:

@bane122 said:

Where did Patrick say this wallet line?

On one of the most recent morning shows. He basically said people should have respect for their wallet and not buy Ground Zeroes.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

30. Drops below now and then. Sharp image but things in the distance look a little blurry. Textures just fine. End of cryptic mgs msg.

Jabbawocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

No, I can't justify the price of this particullar installment when no doubt a year after MGS 5 has released (and maybe not even that much) a complete package will be released.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@jabbawocky: If you're willing to wait until 2016 or 2017 (a year after the late 2015 or early 2016 release of Phantom Pain) for that, then good for you. You have much stronger will power than us.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle:

Yeah. Console only. Kojima stated he'll probably port the games to PC at sometime, but it isn't really a priority.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By bigjeffrey

Review 4/10 gamekyo.com

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: I don't know that we can trust a review from a website written in French when they also gave Yoshi's New Island 7/10.

In all seriousness, even though there's no reviews from major websites, there's been plenty of stuff out there from people like Dan Ryckert saying they really like the game, and I'd trust them over this weird-ass French site.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I think this being a success sets a bad precedent, so I hope it's a big failure for Konami.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! I Pre-ordered right after they lowered the price for the next-gen versions. I can't wait!

confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGS4 is about 2.5 hours if you skip the cutscenes. This shit is waaaaaay overblown with drama.

Avatar image for redsquirrelbrown
    RedSquirrelBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna wait and see what reviews are like. I'll probably pick it up though. XOne, Digital.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen: Well that's a heart warming sentiment.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By AMyggen

@demoskinos: What's the problem with that statement? Just like GT 4: Prologue, I see this as a blatant cash grab that, if successful, could lead to more games in reality costing $90+ new. Make no mistake, EA & co will jump all over this if there's a demand for it.

So I hope it fails. Just like I hope every game with a microtransaction model fails, or a game that's tied to another business model I don't like. It's clear that Konami is just doing this for the money, so if I don't want to see this being spread to other games, why shouldn't I want this game to be a total failure in terms of sales?

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes. PS4. Physical.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@vextroid said:

Fuck yeah!

PS4 Physical.

Changing to a No.

Delayed 'till the 27th for us in Australia/New Zealand. If the digital release is still on track for the 20th then I will buy it digitally day one, then buy a used retail copy when it goes sub $20.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#144  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'm tight on money so I'm waiting to hear how good Infamous Second Son is before I pick between the two. I plan to play both at some point for sure.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen: Well were going to have to disagree on that one because I for one like that they are breaking the story up and giving us a taste now. Really not a whole lot different than the episodic style tell tale does with its games. I would love if Square did something similar with final fantasy XV and released a playable prologue ahead of time.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

I was really thinking of picking it up...but, the more I thought about it, I might just go back and replay MGS4. It's been a long time since I've played that. I was also thinking about diving back into MGS1 as well.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I'm not into these games

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sure wish the PS4 version would show up on the PS Store

Atom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

PS4 Digital Version for me. My PSN wallet is ready.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.