Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

MGS 5 TGS trailer dump, now with wolves and in English

• 162 results
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@dudeglove said:

So is Quiet actually Chico or not?

This is a really ridiculous theory, but I swear to goodness if it turns out to be true I'm going to have to separate myself from the Metal Gear fandom after seventeen years because I don't think I will be able to tolerate the way people will react to something like that.

I would just think it's really fucking dumb and doesn't make any sense for the character as he was portrayed in Peace Walker.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By spraynardtatum

This has the possibility of being the best game to come out this generation. Wow, that looks great. There's so much control!

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@artelinarose said:
    @dudeglove said:

So is Quiet actually Chico or not?

This is a really ridiculous theory, but I swear to goodness if it turns out to be true I'm going to have to separate myself from the Metal Gear fandom after seventeen years because I don't think I will be able to tolerate the way people will react to something like that.

I would just think it's really fucking dumb and doesn't make any sense for the character as he was portrayed in Peace Walker.

The theory is based off of traumatic events that occur to the character in Ground Zeroes. If it's true, I dunno. I don't have issues with the theory, but I will have issues with the way people will react to it being true. "It'll be fine, you're overreacting" you say. "Society is a hot mess of internalized transphobia and being reminded of that fact terrifies me" I say.

Greenshoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys. That dog has an eye patch!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: I'll one up you with the English dubbed trailer.

Loading Video...

Kiefer is a pretty fantastic voice actor. Going back and playing old MGS games is a stark reminder of how bad voice acting in video games used to be.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By mrfluke

@octaslash said:

@mrfluke: I'll one up you with the English dubbed trailer.

Loading Video...

Kiefer is a pretty fantastic voice actor. Going back and playing old MGS games is a stark reminder of how bad voice acting in video games used to be.

yea, i saw they actually put the english one up as soon as i posted the subtitled one, and i mean, watching the metal gear series on the site here, looking at the acting now, yea, its bad, but id say in relation to 98 when it came out that the acting was pretty good.

Kiefer delivered his lines great here, im more curious about Big boss character arc for this game, as it seems he's going to turn into full anti-hero/villian. and would not be surprised to have a Quiet boss fight near the end of the game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@mrfluke: After all these years I'm still just as giddy to play as the Big Boss. I agree that Kiefer did his lines well - added just enough of that classic gravel but putting his own spin on it. Just like Dan I fucking love these games and I can't wait for Phantom Pain. Kojima is one of the most creative designers out there and never fails to deliver one way or another.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Really curious to see where this game goes in terms of the story. I assume with all the talk of this warped, broken Big Boss, that it'll lead us up to the original Metal Gear. In which case I wonder if we'll encounter the likes of Frank Jaeger, Naomi Hunter, or like others have suggested, Sniper Wolf.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@mrfluke: After all these years I'm still just as giddy to play as the Big Boss. I agree that Kiefer did his lines well - added just enough of that classic gravel but putting his own spin on it. Just like Dan I fucking love these games and I can't wait for Phantom Pain. Kojima is one of the most creative designers out there and never fails to deliver one way or another.

not much else to add other that i agree with everything you said. MGS 3 is one of my all time favorites and Big boss is my favorite character. so im stoked for MGS5 as well.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shameless bump to let everyone know this has all the English TGS 2014 trailers.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@humanity said:

not much else to add other that i agree with everything you said. MGS 3 is one of my all time favorites and Big boss is my favorite character. so im stoked for MGS5 as well.

Troy Baker seems as though he'll do an awesome job as Ocelot. I don't know how it is possible that this game seems better with every demo. Haven't been this excited for a release for a while.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My twin brother (Liquid) who barely knows anything about the Metal Gear LORE just asked me "Doesn't that Snake guy ever die?" I explained how there are multiple snakes and evil snakes and naked snakes and big bosses....and that it's all connected. I did good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.