Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Why The Ending to MGSV: The Phantom Pain Made Me Feel Empty <Spoilers>

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By clagnaught

SPOILER WARNING: This blog post is about what I felt like after I finished the story to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Although this blog is an analysis focused on one character, I do talk about and reference a lot of events, plot twists, the ending throughout the game. So yeah, spoilers!

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is a hell of a video game. It is without a doubt the best playing Metal Gear Solid game and I might even say it is one of my favorite playing games period. I've put in over 100 hours so far, which is more than the amount of time it took me to finish the four previous games combined. It is a game I want to go outside and yell about how much fun it is to play. On top of all of that, it is in the context of one of the craziest stories I've ever encountered in my life. The Phantom Pain is without a doubt in my mind the most and best Metal Gear Solid game from top to bottom. Which is why I'm struggling with the fact that I feel empty after I finished the story.

Yes, I am onlyat 63% completion after spending some like 105 hours with the game, so I can still play the game and do stuff if I want to. Yes, the reveal with Venom Snake is nuts and my head was swirling around yesterday for like 4 hours trying to process that big revelation, and dealing with questions like what does this mean and was this type of reveal called for, but at the end of the day, I think I do like that twist and at best embrace it and at worst live with it and accept it. None of that stuff bothers me. What bothers me isn't actually any of the stuff involving the True Ending (Truth: The Man Who Sold the World). My issue is actually the mission before this. The one with Quiet.

Quiet ended up becoming my favorite character in MGSV: The Phantom Pain. No, not because of that.
    Quiet ended up becoming my favorite character in MGSV: The Phantom Pain. No, not because of that.

First let me acknowledge, The Phantom Pain is not perfect. There are a few questionable things in both Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. With seeing the game in it's full context, some of those criticisms have fallen away (Like I don't really feel as disgusted by the vagina bomb anymore). One of the more talked about, questionable elements going to MGSV proper was Quiet. Hideo Kojima at various points said stuff like we will feel ashamed for talking about Quiet's, uh, attire when we learn the full backstory behind her character. Well...her full backstory is Big Boss lit her on fire, large portions of her body were replaced by parasites, so she has to wear less clothes so her skin can breathe and she can get more sunlight for photosynthesis. So, no, she doesn't wear less clothes due to a some Beauty and the Beast Unit like traumatic event or anything else we would feel ashamed of for asking "Hey, why is she only wearing a bra?" She wears less clothes, because she is a super plant lady soldier. Also because Kojima said he wanted to create a character who was hot and to have a good character for people to cosplay as. Not to dwell on too much of that aspect, but I just find it weird this is coming from the same main who created EVA, who unzips her jacket every other scene in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for no reason, and had an entire squad of villains crawl around in latex suits who moan after you shoot them to death. Like isn't this Kojima's fourth attempt to create somebody super hot? Like he's done this before, so why base an entire character off of this concept? ANYWAY!!!

I guess what I'm getting at is I went into The Phantom Pain with a raised eyebrow towards Quiet. I wasn't outraged over her appearance and I didn't feel uncomfortable or anything like that. At the same time, I wasn't super thrilled to see promotional images with her half naked splattered with blood, and video games certainly don't need to put in breasts in front of me to sell me on their game.

And then I played the game. I was riding on Diamond Horse on my way to rescue Huey Emmerich, and then out of nowhere I went into Reflex Mode. Oh no...She found me! The battle with Quiet is only one of the game's few boss fights, but it was a great moment. I know you can find her earlier in the game if you go and look for her at the power plant, but the reveal with how it happened to me--just running around on my horse in a big open world, and then something surprising like that happened--is one of my more favorite character reveals in the Metal Gear Solid series. It also lead to a great conversation with a friend of mine about how we both fought the boss, something that I feel like only the previous games capitalize on. ("Did you know you could shoot some of the archs and have them fall on top of Quiet?" "Did you know you can summon a supply drop and have it land on top of her?")

Quiet quickly became my favorite Buddy in the game. If you are using Quiet as a Buddy, you are literally charging into battle with a Metal Gear boss backing you up. (How cool is that?!) She was already a legend talked about the Russian soldiers before you even see her, she can snipe jets out of the sky, she can take on just about anybody and win. Quiet is a character who doesn't need to speak and can let her actions speak for her, which I feel makes her a good partner to Big Boss/Venom Snake, who is also someone who can get things done. It feels a little simplistic just to call Quiet a bad ass, but that is the most appropriate descriptive I know. And since I played through large portions of an incredibly long game with her, she grew on me more and more. (We're not talking about her being in the game for a couple of hours. We're talking about her being there for dozens of hours)

Yeah, the game has an upgrade tree where you can paint her body gold or silver. Yeah, in the ACC she "stretches" in front of you. There's still some weird things with her character. Half of it you can shrug off and say "Well, that's Metal Gear", while the other half just feels like they are doing all of this stuff because she is a pretty lady and the young gentlemen love pretty ladies. But at the end of the day, none of that stuff really bothered me. It's still weird and some of that could/should have been taken out of the game though.

Quiet is the best Buddy. This is just science.
    Quiet is the best Buddy. This is just science.

With The Phantom Pain my time and enjoyment were both tied to my time with Quiet. Yes, you can use D-Horse for horse stealth and command him to defecate. Yes, D.D. is the game's best radar equivalent and he can jump on enemies with an electric knife and stun them. The other Buddies are fun to play around with, but they always felt like a tool to me. On the other hand, Quiet felt more like a companion. Maybe it's because her character had more development than say D.D. With Quiet, she is one of the more distinct characters who had an arc: from finding her, recruiting her, and her appearance in subsequent cutscenes. Compare her to Huey or Revolver Ocelot, who were established characters with a history, so their story hits the ground running and is only focused on one or two things. I would argue Quiet is one of the few characters who has a more complex narrative, helped by the fact that her story is contained in this one game and everything is backed by the intrigue regarding who she really is. (Wait, isn't she the same person who tried to kill me in the hospital?)

The Phantom Pain is great for many, many reasons, so I don't mean to say this game is good because of her. However, Quiet continued to grow on me, both from a story perspective and running around the open world doing Metal Gear things. I wouldn't say I was exactly surprised by any of this, but I started the game with some reservations in terms of who she was and what impact she was going to have to the overall experience. I mention all of this because I wanted to provide context for where my head was at for what came after I killed Skull Face. One of the interesting things about The Phantom Pain is how characters started to exit the story. Skull Face is dead. Colonel Volgin dies...uh, again. Huey is exiled. Young Liquid Snake and Psycho Mantis literally fly away. And then Quiet leaves.

I assume you have to max out her bond to level 100, but I'm not sure exactly what triggers this mission. At some point, Quiet just leaves and ends up turning herself over to the Russian soldiers in Afghanistan. So you have one last mission to go get her back, where it seems like you have to fight every single last Russian left in the country. The mission started with you trying to bring her back, but in the end she goes into exile. She is forced to speak English in order to save Snake's life. And as a result, she's gone.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is an enormous, crazy game about a ton of different ideas all mixing together. At the core, it always felt like you were building and creating something. You are rebuilding a military base to replace the one that was taken away from you 9 years ago. You are strapping balloons to prisoners, enemies, tanks, shipping containers, and goats to help build your private army. You are researching gadgets, weapons, costumes, and cardboard boxes to help you in the field. You slowly bring in more people and relics from the past Metal Gear Solid games. And then at the very end, you lose someone. I don't want to sound overly dramatic, but dammit that's what I felt after I finished the game's story. I felt like I lost someone.

The next day I played the final mission and got the "True Ending" and learned a lot of crazy things about the two MGSV games, what the hell Major Zero was doing, and a little more about how all of these games connect together. But then I kept going back to Quiet.

First she showed up as M.I.A. on my Staff Management list. But then she was gone; not even listed anymore. I was flying in the ACC after learning everything about Zero, Big Boss, and Venom Snake, and then I panned the camera over and saw all of the photographs of Quiet in my helicopter were gone. I went to her holding cell, and saw all of the graffiti and signs warning people about Quiet were gone. I went down in the cell and saw nothing in there. "Gloria" wasn't playing. I deployed to Africa and saw I couldn't select her from the mission screen. I loaded up earlier missions and saw she was still unavailable there.

To me this is the closest I've felt to a character dying in a video game. Granted, we don't actually see Quiet die, but it's close enough. Characters die in video games all the time, but it rarely packs a punch. I tried to think of the closest example to compare how I feel about Quiet, and the only thing I could think of is Mass Effect 2. The first time I played through the suicide mission, Thane Krios and Zaeed Messani died. I also made the mistake of taking my time before starting the mission, so Kelly Chambers and Gabriella Daniels were also dead. I remember walking through the Normandy and saw a few empty posts and missing crew members. I would go up to the map and Kelly wouldn't be there. I walked down to engineering and when Kenneth Donnelly, the other engineer, saw me, he commented on how Daniels was gone. But at the end of the day, I already finished the story and all of the side missions I cared about, and just did a New Game+. There was no reason for me to keep playing that save and before I knew it I had a save file where all of those people were alive and well. They weren't dead anymore.

The problem with The Phantom Pain is just how fun that game is. This isn't a Mass Effect 2 situation for me, where something big happened, but I was quickly done with the game or able to flip a reset switch on the story. I want to go through the rest of the Side Ops. I want to finish building out Mother Base. I want to research all of the weapons and tools. I want to see how much of that game I can complete before I have to throw in the towel.

The two times I jumped back into The Phantom Pain after "finishing the game", I still go back to Quiet. It's not like I only think about her on Mother Base. I fly away in the helicopter and I only see Venom Snake looking out from Pequod. I don't see her in the ACC. I don't hear her humming when I sneak up to an enemy base. When I go through various menus, I don't see any mention of her equipment, Buddy support options, or the option to deploy her.

So now I run around with D.D. and this game is still insanely fun to play. Everything I said in my opening paragraph is still true. In my opinion, this is still the best Metal Gear Solid game and is one of the best games I have ever played. But then I would randomly remember how she walked away and she isn't coming back. The second chapter of The Phantom Pain is definitely a roller coaster with plenty of unexpected twists that take the game into some dark and interesting places (Especially that damn ending). After I processed everything that happened in this game, that's where my head is at. I'm stuck thinking about how Quiet as a character exited the story like that and also how my favorite Buddy can't be used anymore.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain isn't a perfect game. Hell, it's not even perfect with how it treats Quiet. But at the end of the day, it's still one of the best video games out there and it gave me a feeling no other video game has before. It's one thing to show a character being killed off. There are effective death scenes out there, (I'll admit it, I got teary eyed when Joel mourns over Sarah's death in The Last of Us) but sometimes a character just dies and that's that. It's another thing to show how that character isn't in those people's lives anymore. Honestly, this feeling is making me doubt how much longer I'm going to play this game, despite how much fun I'm having with it.

I doubt a majority of the people will feel the same way I do and there will be plenty of people who will just say, "Who cares, D.D. is the best. Quiet sucks." But that's still what I feel like after finishing this game, and if that isn't impressive I don't know what is.

No Caption Provided

Edit: Originally the full title of this blog post was, "Character Deaths in Video Games and Why The Ending to MGSV: The Phantom Pain Made Me Feel Empty <Spoilers>". It was changed per the request of a user on the site, who has not finished the game yet. I feel kind of in a weird position since this blog is mainly about Quiet and what it felt like after she walked away, and the game doesn't actually end with somebody dying. Still, I kinda feel bad even giving the perception of spoiling the game for somebody and I can't really say "No, no, nobody dies" or try to justify it to him because that would be an actual spoiler. Obviously not my intention, but I still feel bad about it.

Sorry if anybody else felt that way. :(

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

My experience reading your blog was me nodding and saying "Me too" over and over

I used Quiet for dozens of hours, and really grew attached. She was the only buddy that could really keep up (Sorry DD). I could tell her to act for herself and she'd make good decisions the majority of the time. Forgetting her outfit (Which could be changed to a more sensible XOF uniform), I thought she was an awesome character.

Seeing her pictures gone from the ACC honestly hit me hardest. Like a real conformation that she was gone and never coming back. Fucking bummer.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Seeing her pictures gone from the ACC honestly hit me hardest. Like a real conformation that she was gone and never coming back. Fucking bummer.

Same here. Checking the side wall with the pictures was the first thing I did once I got back to the ACC. I thought it was a great touch that they were ripped down. If I were Venom I'd also feel pretty raw about having them up after her sacrifice.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redyoshi said:
    @viciousbearmauling said:

Same here. Checking the side wall with the pictures was the first thing I did once I got back to the ACC. I thought it was a great touch that they were ripped down. If I were Venom I'd also feel pretty raw about having them up after her sacrifice.

The pictures were also the big turning point for me. When I saw they were gone, it made me go "Wait, what?!" and I spent the next 30 minutes trying to find traces of her (checking menus, running around Mother Base, etc.). It's such a small thing, but it is a great touch.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well hey, at least she's still probably out roaming Afghanistan, sniping Russians for sport.

Honestly, Quiet's story arc was "ok" with me until I started thinking about all of the massive plot holes. How did the Russians capture her? It doesn't make sense for her to turn herself over to them, seeing as how she just escaped later anyway, and I just don't see any scenario where they could successfully subdue her.

And why did she never attempt to communicate with anyone nonverbally? (pouncing on a soldier and trying to cut his larynx out doesn't count) I've yet to see a good answer for this one.

Plus, there's the fact that her entire arc is just a rote interpretation of the "enemy spy falls in love with hero" trope.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By T_wester

Empty perhaps but not due to any character especially Quiet, I'm impressed that people can find empathy for such a non character but I digress.

I don't get any of Quiets motivations, first she want revenge on Venom because she a incompetent assassin then she falls in love with / develops Stockholm Syndrome on Venom because his is just as blank a slate as her and she won't write or communicate with anything but a knife or get treated for the "deadly"* parasite in her throat because she is all Tsundere, Yandere or whatever. She is so afraid her parasite strain will mutate that she runs away and turns her self in to the soviets, to be killed? Yet still kills everyone because?

*It will kill her by breeding in her lungs that is non-existent or at least burnt to a crisp.

utamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By utamaru

Wipe that save and don't look back. Soon, you will not even remember you played this whole game two times in a row.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So, I've been on a trek for the past 240 hours to Platinum the game (yes I've played that long) all the while having the butterfly emblem equipped. And earlier this evening I finished mission 50 and was at the point I was dreading for awhile. I knew I had to unequip the emblem and let the last Side-op activate and Quiet leave forever.

And it was bitter sweet cause boy did a ton of trophies pop after that mission. But then I scrolled over to the buddy menu and sure enough gone for ever not even a trace. It was like literally losing a buddy and I don't mean in the gameplay system sense but in a friendship sense. Having rolled around Africa and Afghanistan with her for 100's of hours there was a pretty instant sense of loss. She is absolutely the best character in the game. Everyone (except Miller that asshole) by the end warms up to her. So its a real bummer she couldn't stay with her friends. :(

Here is to hoping she shows up in Metal Gear Online in some capacity.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@t_wester said:

Empty perhaps but not due to any character especially Quiet, I'm impressed that people can find empathy for such a non character but I digress.

I don't get any of Quiets motivations, first she want revenge on Venom because she a incompetent assassin then she falls in love with / develops Stockholm Syndrome on Venom because his is just as blank a slate as her and she won't write or communicate with anything but a knife or get treated for the "deadly"* parasite in her throat because she is all Tsundere, Yandere or whatever. She is so afraid her parasite strain will mutate that she runs away and turns her self in to the soviets, to be killed? Yet still kills everyone because?

*It will kill her by breeding in her lungs that is non-existent or at least burnt to a crisp.

She probably got caught because she dried out. Which is why she suddenly went into ass-kicking mode after the solider tried to drown her. The water rejuvenated her powers. As to her motivations it was revenge but as it clearly states she started to learn that there was more to life than revenge. And as it turned out the only person who remotely gave a shit about her was the very man she was sent to kill. Venom's acceptance of her slowly changed her feelings about going through with her plan.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Blackout62

Well, let me pitch this to you because I'm being annoying and throwing it around everywhere: Platinum Games Revengeance style spin-off game with Quiet. Kojima's out but when and if Konami wants to nail down there plan for video games Platinum Games will still be there to churn out a B+ grade Platinum style game. It can be set before MGSV, it can be set after, or it can go full Revengeance and originally planned to be set before but for some reason end up set after. It could have a young Sniper Wolf for one reason or another. Quiet has a butterfly motif so Bayonetta's outfit could be an unlockable. She's probably still alive, she doesn't have lungs for the language parasite to infest. She can find a tube top and some bike shorts and go off killing some more.

I like this character too much to waste on the most mediocre Metal Gear story!

Also RPS put out a pretty great article about the similar sense of respect and connection the author developed after the boss fight with Quiet. Also it's the only Quiet article I've seen to not have a screenshot of her boobs.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#10  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yep, pretty spot-on I'd say. I've tried playing the game twice more since beating it and it's just not the same. Only fucking Kojima would let you build something up over 80+ hours only to irreversibly take it away in a AAA game. This is how fucked it is: I don't even want to play other games now because I miss Quiet.

Fuck.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skull face had the same burn issues and parasites, why wasn't he and code talker naked all the time too? Sorry to focus on that, but man that reasoning behind why she dresses like a cheap hooker makes it even worse to me. Besides that i think episode 45 did an ok job of bringing her character to life (minus the unnecessary attempted rape scene). The few random cutscenes where she gets tortured by ocelot for no reason after just being on a mission with you also seemed unnecessary. Then after she leaves, all the posters get taken down like she was never there(maybe a glitch but wtf) , her character never seemed to get any sorta respect from the game at all even though she was a bad ass sniper who only big boss could stop.

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Catlicker

I felt completely the same way. I played the game for another 8 hours or so, having my obedient DDog helping me around and making Mother Base a bigger place, but it just felt emptier to me. Every time I deployed and "Kids in America" started blazing out, I panned the camera and she was not hanging by me.

I considered modding the game to have her back (I play on PC and I know this can be done), but then I realized that's how Venom Snake would feel. That helps defining him too, because Big Boss didn't even know who that Quiet lady is, but Venom's story with Quiet is, in many ways, defining of his part in the Big Boss's Legacy. And now she's gone. And doing Side-ops is not the same anymore.

So I didn't mod anything, but I stopped playing shortly after that, because it wasn't the same.

In my mind, I can imagine my Venom Snake first stripping the photos off the wall, then going back to her cell. And finally giving up, just as I did.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I definitely liked her story arc, but it felt so counter to the rest of the game. She had this interesting story that I really wanted to progress, and then I was just running around taking bases out over and over. You spoke of EVA. Well, I wish Quiet's story was told in a way that EVAs and other characters in previous Metal Gear games were. It was tighter (not by a lot, I'll admit) and everything I did felt like it was in service of advancing the story. A lot of what I am doing in that game feels very free form (by nature of being open world, I know), but then there is this semi-complex narrative where something is happening to a character, and it's hard to completely immerse myself when there is that sort of juxtaposition. Overall, I felt the same way you did about her in the end, but that last mission you have with her was a real pain in the ass. It felt like nothing else in the game (in a bad way).

I ended up not using her after I leveled up D-Dog, because he let me play the game myself and didn't make the game laughably easy.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Isn't her disappearing just part of the game design? In other words; having her around would maybe make it too easy to '100%' the game?
    I think they do it with other stuff as well (I remember someone on the staff saying they'll take away your sneaking suit at some point)?

That said, I still did not use her that much. I used DD way more often, somehow felt safer (DD's nose never missed an enemy, while Quiet sometimes won't spot them and you still get surprised).

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they even try to explain why the old Indian guy couldn't save her the way he magically saved everybody that had the non-English variety? I do not recall that they did. There was a scene early on where she told him she had it.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huntad:I personally thought the way the game was structured was more or less effective, but when it isn't, it doesn't work well. Particularly with Chapter 2. Since there was fewer missions, I sometimes thought "Wait...Do I have to go and complete these Total Stealth missions? Or am I missing something" only to find out I would be randomly called back just to see a cutscene of Eli smirking at me. This might sound weird but I feel like there is better juxtaposition when there's more stuff to focus on. With the last section of the game, there's less stuff going on and then it feels like things trigger more randomly, like Quiet leaving Mother Base and how the game unlocks the Truth mission. (I'm still not sure when that unlocked for me) It felt more like you were waiting around more to find out what's going on with these characters.

@dussck: There are clear drawbacks for Quiet, like you need a good sniping position, she can't tag or shoot anybody inside a building, the enemies can spot her, etc. The thing is those drawbacks either don't really stop you or are not as common as they probably should be from a design perspective. Like the only indoors section I had a difficult time was saving Code Talker from the mansion, primarily because there weren't any nearby sniping positions, plus I was indoors. (That part would have been a hell of a lot easier if I had D-Dog with me) But yes, Quiet is kinda OP. I had more appreciation for D-Dog when I leveled him up more and I could have him stun enemies, but I started using Quiet as soon as I got her.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

@clagnaught: I think I see what point you're trying to make, but it may be separate from mine. I do agree with yours in that Quiet leaving was sporadic and almost unexplained. My point is that, for example with Eli, the things that you do, do not necessarily reflect what is happening in the story. The best example of something actually happening that is related to what you are doing is when you have to deal with that problem with your soldiers near the end of the game. It actually hit me pretty hard, because it was the first real connection between you and your soldiers. I wish the game had more of that.

The story moments with Quiet, and maybe to a larger extent Eli, felt like things that were happening where I had almost no agency. As a result, I didn't care very much about Eli. Questions like why he does the things he does, how he came to the conclusions about how he feels about you, and his relationship to the kids are briefly touched upon in radio logs, but I never really had a reason to care about that stuff outside of cutscenes.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huntad: I guess where I was coming from was towards the beginning of the game, there are more events tied to the story. As an example, with the children you rescue, there was another mission involving rescuing their leader, you got cassette tapes a little more spread out about how they are adapting, and then Eli is connected to them later on. With Chapter 2 there's less of that stuff going on. So it felt like in Chapter 2 you would go out and do a random Side Ops, then you would go back to Mother Base and you found out the children escaped. The development just slowed way down. It felt like most of the progression was in Chapter 1 and the resolution for a lot of these characters was in Chapter 2, where something like 85% of the main story missions were already done.

Overall it felt like there was more stuff going on at Mother Base in Chapter 1. In Chapter 2, there was less stuff happening and sometimes you were playing the waiting game until something happened with Eli, Quiet, etc. (We might be coming at this from two different angles, but I do see what you mean)

dyoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dyoo
    Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dyoo: Oh, yeah. I do remember them saying that now. Thank you.

The fact that she has refused the treatment makes me feel less sympathy for her, though.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Wacomole

Well I finally finished the game and I have to say that you absolutely nailed how I'm now feeling. That feeling of loss is pretty extraordinary.

Looking around the helicopter without her there, going down to the medical platform and finding no trace, no music blaring, it all hit home pretty hard. . It really was,a powerful analog of the aftermath of losing some and noticing the little things that make you realize that you won't see them again. It all seems very strange to be actually "missing" a video game character this way.

D Dog has a lot to live up to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.