Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid

Franchise »

A part of the Metal Gear series, often also considered its own series all the same.

The Next Generation of MGS is here (Pachinko)

• 60 results
    doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By doctordonkey

The franchise I've lost...and the sequels I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like their all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@charlie_victor_bravo: I thought all of MGS4's cutscenes were in-engine, but I guess a few aren't. However practically every game has all in-engine cutscenes, including MGSV.

And there is no way they were going to redo all the textures for the old games, or somehow remake the games in the fox engine. That's not realistic for an HD remaster collection project.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@doctordonkey: I won't scatter your games into the heartless gambling business.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man this new pachinko machine plays SO well

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Pachinko?!

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know youtube comments are bad all of the time

but yeesh

why ?

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maaaaannn.....

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tartyron  Online

Bummer. Just....fucking bummer.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@probablytuna said:

This trailer made me realise that MGS had never used CG cutscenes in any of their games before. Seeing Snake, The Boss and Cobra Unit rendered in CG is real weird.

They used CG at least in the MGS4. Basically parts that look like in-game but you don't have the camera control like you would normally have. Big canal shoot out is one of the clearest examples because the video artifacts are visible on the darker colors.

That said, HD-versions should have looked like this.

I'm sure there were pre-rendered cutscenes and stuff but I'm talking about cutscenes where they clearly look way better than what the game running would look like. At least they tried to maintain the consistency by making it look as in-game as possible, if you know what I mean.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlie_victor_bravo said:
    @probablytuna said:

This trailer made me realise that MGS had never used CG cutscenes in any of their games before. Seeing Snake, The Boss and Cobra Unit rendered in CG is real weird.

They used CG at least in the MGS4. Basically parts that look like in-game but you don't have the camera control like you would normally have. Big canal shoot out is one of the clearest examples because the video artifacts are visible on the darker colors.

That said, HD-versions should have looked like this.

I'm sure there were pre-rendered cutscenes and stuff but I'm talking about cutscenes where they clearly look way better than what the game running would look like. At least they tried to maintain the consistency by making it look as in-game as possible, if you know what I mean.

I'm going to assume that the reason those scenes are pre-rendered was to cut out the loading times. The river scene in particular is SUPER long, without any cuts like the other cut scene sequences have. I'm assuming it's more for the sake of flow, and perhaps because they dozens of dudes on screen doing stuff. But yeah, in terms of straight CG, Final Fantasy style, they haven't had that. However, some of the old trailers for the original MGS have CG, which is really trippy. You have some CG Ocelot and Gray Fox going on, at the least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.