Best Metal Gear Game?

#1 Posted by Vitefish (440 posts) -

Out of all the games, awhich one would you say was the best. I like Metal Gear Solid 3 the best. It had better boss battles, and I think Big Boss was a better character than Solid Snake, even if only because the only other MG game I've played is Metal Gear solid 4.

#2 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I really like Metal Gear Solid.

#3 Posted by Hexproof (177 posts) -

I prefer the original Metal Gear Solid for the Psx.

#4 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

I think MGS 3 was the best, but I'm a big Big Boss fan.....that sounds cool XD

#5 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -

yeah out of a single game that had a great plot and everything MGS3 for sure, but the original MGS will always be a favorite..then MGS4 made for the sequel you definitely wanted to get to finish off the story imo.

#6 Posted by Vitefish (440 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4 didn't actually sell me on acts 3, 4, and 5 because there's is barely any gameplay, and the gameplay that is there is not regular Metal Gear. (Not enough stealth)

#7 Edited by imayellowfellow (558 posts) -

metal gear solid 2 is my favorite, i thot the themes regarding memes were pretty innovative and groundbreaking

#8 Posted by Vitefish (440 posts) -
imayellowfellow said:
"metal gear solid 2 is my favorite, i thot the themes regarding memes were pretty innovative and groundbreaking"

Hehe. That rhymes. Themes regarding memes. Themes regarding memes.
#9 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Meh... It's too difficult for me to choose, I just love the franchise as a whole.

#10 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 2 is my favorite, but when it comes to classic Metal Gear its definitely Ghost Babel.

#11 Posted by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

MGS3 had the coolest plot, characters, cutscenes, and setting....

and it had Badass Ocelot.

#12 Posted by Pepsiman (2465 posts) -

What if I was a jerk and said that Snake's Revenge was my choice? What would happen to me?

#13 Posted by Fax (534 posts) -

I liked MGS3 the most.

#14 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

I really enjoyed Twin Snakes. The whole plot is unbelievable and amazing but I have to go with Metal Gear Solid 4. It really went outside the box and was perfect.

#15 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Pepsiman said:
"What if I was a jerk and said that Snake's Revenge was my choice? What would happen to me?"
You could quite possibly be abducted by the La li lu le lo...

In all seriousness, I haven't played Snake's revenge, I hear it's more of the same type of gameplay as the first Metal Gear, which I found to be very boring... So I have no interest in ever playing Snake's Revenge.
#16 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

mgs3

#17 Posted by Curfew (150 posts) -

MGS2.

#18 Edited by suneku (2997 posts) -

I had just replayed the entire Solid series after finishing 4... and now I really can't choose which one was better. No exaggeration either, but I love all 4 of them equally. MGS1 and 4 were awesome because it's Solid Snake. MGS2 was funner this time around, and the story was much more enjoyable to me after finishing 4. And MGS3 was awesome because it shows where Solid Snake gets his badassness from.

#19 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2430 posts) -

MGS4.All of them are so different from each other gameplay wise.

#20 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

I'm partial to MGS2.

#21 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

1. MGS4
2. MGS
3. MGS2
4. MGS3

#22 Posted by Cribba (290 posts) -

For me it's MGS1, the other games are all great, but all of them are a bit over the top compared to the first one. It had a good plot, nice twists and interesting characters without ever having to go crazy. MGS3 comes second and MGS2 a close third with MGS4 last.

MGS4 was a great package with good controls, interesting gameplay elements and a great presentation but the things I value most in a Metal Gear game, the story and the characterizations, just weren't good enough compared to the other games. Other things that bothered me about the game was the lack of focus on stealth and the hour long cutscenes, not necessarily because of the length itself but because of the lack of content in them.

#23 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

MGS1 was incredible, but whats wrong with saying that the new one beats it just because it is new. MGS1 is a hall of famer for its ingenuity whilst MGS4 is my favorite for refinement. Fair enough?

#24 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 1

#25 Posted by hungrynun (444 posts) -

Fighting The End on snake eater really hit it home for me.

Jesus christ that fight took me 4 hours to beat on insane; and I loved every minute.

#26 Edited by JohnKiller118 (62 posts) -

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

#27 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

MGS2 probably had the best gameplay, but I think they are all vastly overrated.

#28 Posted by EliminatoR (237 posts) -

Snake Eater was amazing.Also more original then the others IMO.
#29 Posted by Sovereign13 (147 posts) -

MGS:3 is easily my personal favorite.

I think it has the best boss battles of any game I've ever played.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.