Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid: Other M

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

Set between the events of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, Other M follows Samus Aran on a rescue mission to a derelict ship in deep space where she encounters her former commanding officer and a whole host of old and new trouble.

Ridley and Space Pokemon (Spoilers)

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Sarumarine

I take no pleasure for making so many topics with spoilers, but I wanted to take this joke before anyone else could. Playing through Other M reveals that one of Metroid's oldest antagonists has a furry three stage life cycle that could conveniently fit in with any Pokemon game. I mean...

Ry (evolves at Level 32)
    Ry (evolves at Level 32)

Ridy (evolves at Level 55)
    Ridy (evolves at Level 55)

Ridley (Yo)
    Ridley (Yo)
    It's so perfect. Now that I got that joke out of my system...

I wanted to get thoughts on Ridley's new spin on life. At first I thought it was kind of terrible that such a mean son of a bitch like Ridley was reduced to a puff ball and a fuzzy lizard... but I suppose it really doesn't matter. He's been torn apart and put back together so many times I should have seen it coming. Maybe the Galactic Federation screwed up his DNA pattern trying to replicate him on the Bottle Ship? Maybe he's always been super cute under that dragon-like exterior? Who knows.

What do you think about it? (Also, wouldn't it be sweet if Ridley's evolutions appeared in the next Pokemon game? I'd be pretty psyched.)
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @Sarumarine:
    The federation can't clone a damn thing without screwing with the DNA in horrible ways.  These are the same people who decided that they should clone Metroids and remove the one weakness that allowed them to be destroyed in the first place.
    Hell, now that I think about it, they also threw the PED suit on Samus back in the prime series while she was knocked out.  And then they threw in some Metroid genetic combination in Fusion when she got knocked out...  Those guys just can not stop screwing around with other people's stuff.
    Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sarumarine
    @Make_Me_Mad: 
    These are all good points. Federation Scientists are pretty good at making big genetic decisions when they don't have to talk it over with whoever they're working on. Man, now I want some sort of lab scene with Federation Scientists.
    "What if we do this to the double helix?"
    "Sure. I don't know. Go for it."
    lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By lordbazuco

ridely has always been adorable. lol

Hypertreb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hypertreb

I wonder if Kraid has a similar evolution.
    Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sarumarine
    @Hypertreb: 
    Oh man. That would be great! He should be really tiny and then just suddenly explode into a giant lizard Kraid thing.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ryanwho

It was just silly Team Ninja nonesense.

OscarMike001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By OscarMike001

I thought it was awesome. A really good addition to Ridley. Other M Ridley is my favorite interpretation of Ridley in the series. He was just so bad ass in the cinematic before his boss fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.