Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mindjack

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 18, 2011

Developed by Feelplus and published by SquareEnix, assume the role of a "Wanderer" controlling the minds of enemies to turn the tide of battle.

For anybody that has this game,is it any good?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

I was thinking about checking this game out Thursday.If anybody has this game.Can you share your thoughts about this game. 

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @falserelic said:
    " I was thinking about checking this game out Thursday.If anybody has this game.Can you share your thoughts about this game.  "
    Its not out yet dude. 
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'd be willing to bet that the combination of zero buzz, telepathically controlled apes and the fact it has Square Enix on the box means it's probably garbage.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

The quick look of it made it look pretty bad

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By falserelic

Well I heard some people got the game early.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @falserelic said:
    " Well I heard some people got the game early. "
    Why would anyone want this game early? It looked horrible and bland. With crappy AI and a small unique idea. 
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By falserelic
    @The_Laughing_Man: I just got through looking at that quick look for this game.Your right,outside of the mind jacking it looks like a generic shooter.I thought this game was going to be like psi-ops guess I was wrong.I don't know why some developers always brings out the same generic shooters each year.They always end up doing things thats been done before.  
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I am interested.

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By zagzagovich

If anyone is interested in the idea of cyberpunk brainjacking you should check out Ghost in The Shell for PS2. It's pretty much the same game but better.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By falserelic

Well if anybody got this game feel free to give your thoughts about it.

Lev_Arris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Lev_Arris
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @falserelic said:
    " I was thinking about checking this game out Thursday.If anybody has this game.Can you share your thoughts about this game.  "
    Its not out yet dude.  "
    It was out on the 18th, the day the post the topic.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Lev_Arris said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @falserelic said:
    Its not out yet dude.  "
    It was out on the 18th, the day the post the topic. "
    It was posted the 17th for me. 
    Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Vanek
    @falserelic said:
    " Well if anybody got this game feel free to give your thoughts about it. "
    I bought it purely for the multiplayer and I'm pretty much at the end, but really the quicklook tells you everything you need to know ...

If you play it with a friend it can be fun, but if you play the single player it's much harder to ignore all the problems.  The story is bad, the voice acting is terrible and the controls have basic issues.  The melee attack straight up doesn't work properly and even when you're hiding behind cover you can somehow mysteriously still be hit and even killed.  The mindjacking is fine but it takes to long to switch between bodies and has a limit.  Even when you do take over a monkey or a robot the awful controls totally suck away any of the fun.  Basically, some of the monkeys/robots don't use the right anolog stick at all and you control movement and camera entirely with the left stick. 

The other big problem is the way the game sections off each encounter, as anyone other than the main player is forced out of their body once the battle is over and left to float around waiting until the next encounter starts.  When it does they then have to find and mindjack another body which is a massive hassle when some of the encounters are literally a minute long.  It was an interesting idea but the execution is just really poor. 

The bottom line is it really isn't worth paying full price as it has so many problems.  That said, you can still have fun with the multiplayer and the leveling and "perks" you can equip to change things up slightly as you progress.  It's still not a recommendation at full price though.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By falserelic
    @Vanek: I heard this game did pretty bad.Thanks for explaining the details about this game. I'm probably going to check it out once the price value is low.  
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By fox01313
    @falserelic: 
    If this was of the same quality & a spiritual successor to Psi-Ops (loved that game) I'd definitely grab it. Hopefully someone will make a Psi-Ops sequel as it had an interesting story & premise unlike this weird story for this game.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By falserelic
    @fox01313: Me too man I really hope they make a sequel or remake of Psi-Ops.It was a great game with lots of action and cool powers.I use to love playing that game when I was a kid.Another game that was like Psi-ops was second sight that was a cool game too.
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By DocHaus

It's worth a rental, which is what I did. I'm thinking of writing a review on it later.

Is it good? Well, it's better than Damnation...at least this game has people playing online, which is something I couldn't say about Damnation 1-2 weeks after launch. But that's like saying that one turd shines brighter than the adjacent one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.