Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

free

varun2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By varun2000

are there any free mincraft servers

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JoeyRavn

Freen in what sense? Free as "you don't have to pay to play in them"? I think all Minecraft servers are free in that aspect. Some may ask for donations to keep the server running, but the vast majority of them are completely free. Or do you mean "free to host"? If that's the case, I guess that you can always host one yourself in a spare computer at home, but if you want a good service, you'll have to pay for it.

If you mean if Minecraft itself is free, no. You have to buy the game to play online.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Sambambo

Just pay for it, it is worth it.

Or if you mean are the actual servers free, see above.

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By living4theday258

im confused as to what your asking, are you asking if theres a free 24/7 hoster? there isnt one I checked.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Azteck

I think OP is referring to servers that let you play with a pirated version.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

@Azteck said:

If that's the case, fuck that question. Let's stick with the other interpretations.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Azteck

@LordAndrew said:

@Azteck said:

If that's the case, fuck that question. Let's stick with the other interpretations.

Agree completely, but I'm rather certain that is what he wants. Anyone could find servers that don't sit behind a pay-wall with relative ease.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GJSmitty

If you're talking about free hosting, then as far as I know, no. You may be able to convince someone on the mc forums to do something though. If that's not what you mean, than there are answers to other interpretations above.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By SexyToad

There is a somewhat free way. Get $1 from 27 people or $.50 from 54 people. Then buy the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.