Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Minecraft pre-paid gift card question(s).

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rodent

Hey there peoples of Minecraft I've got a question. My daughter is really into the Pocket edition of MC on her iPad and I was hoping to get her the PC version for Christmas (hell I wanna play it myself). My wife and I were down in the States last week (I'm in Canada) I found one of those pre-paid Minecraft cards that are being sold and when I asked if this card would work outside of the US I was told that no it wouldn't.

Now I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know for sure that those MC cards don't work in Canada?

2. Has anyone heard whether or not those cards will be coming to Canada and when?

That's about all I need to know and, BTW, for those that are gonna say that I could simply enter my credit card onto the Minecraft website and buy the game that way, I know that...thing is I would really like to keep the amount of times I enter that number onto the internet as small as possible.

Thanks guys and gals!

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2  Edited By Rodent

Wow, don't everyone answer at once! :P

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By awesomeusername

Nope, don't know.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By spankingaddict

I know , but I'm not tellin :P

edit. JK

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dungbootle

I think I remember someone tweeting someone-important-or-other (may or may not have been Jens/Dinnerbone) when these first came out about it working in Canada and pretty sure they said no.

That's a VERY vague recollection, but if the person you asked said no, that's probably the case.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SexyToad

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Sorry duder. But if you do end up getting Minecraft for PC, just know that it's different than Pocket edition. There's actually a nether, caves, other monsters, villages, actual crafting, and so on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.