Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

The minecraft life Part 1?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So I found a fun little texture package and dived back into mine craft. My world loaded up and I got this nice little starting spot. 

Ahhh so pretty
     Ahhh so pretty

So quickly I get to work gathering wood to make a home for myself. The trees which you can see in the picture are all over the place. After pokin around a bit I found two natural caves right at my spawn and take a peek in one. To my surprise I am chased out by a skeleton. Course they do not come out in the sun right? Well wrong..he chases me out and lands an arrow firmly in my back stealing 3 hearts. After a short dance around a few trees he is burnt in the rays of the sun. After which I go back to my wood collecting. It does not take long before I have made a workbench. A sword and a pickaxe. Not to mention a little home. 

Home Sweet home.  
    Home Sweet home.  
    By now however the sun was getting low so I ran to find coal. In the past I had issues finding coal and soon realized this might be another one of "Those times" to my luck however I found 4 blocks not far from my home which I quickly mined and turned to torches. Apon returning home the sun was sinking fast.  

Goodbye pretty funny block of sunny squareness 
    I arrived home just as the sun went down and quickly stuck torches outside my home to stop monsters spawning right on my door step. I did not have time to unpack the good dinner ware and napkins so that would be a fopa to no end.  

Its dangerous to go alone
    So ends my first day. A small home to keep me safe. Torches to keep the baddies away. And a little workbench to toil away on.  I shall sleep hungry tonight but safe. Hungry but safe.  

I have many plans for you my little home. 
    Tomorrow is a new day. And I have many plans. The search for coal begins a new and maybe even iron. Stone pitckaxes to be made and a stone sword to be forged.  

Well that was my first new day in minecraft. I was thinking of keeping a little journal like this and keep it a sort of diary like feel. If anything it will give me a reason to upload more pictures. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So I found a fun little texture package and dived back into mine craft. My world loaded up and I got this nice little starting spot. 

Ahhh so pretty
     Ahhh so pretty

So quickly I get to work gathering wood to make a home for myself. The trees which you can see in the picture are all over the place. After pokin around a bit I found two natural caves right at my spawn and take a peek in one. To my surprise I am chased out by a skeleton. Course they do not come out in the sun right? Well wrong..he chases me out and lands an arrow firmly in my back stealing 3 hearts. After a short dance around a few trees he is burnt in the rays of the sun. After which I go back to my wood collecting. It does not take long before I have made a workbench. A sword and a pickaxe. Not to mention a little home. 

Home Sweet home.  
    Home Sweet home.  
    By now however the sun was getting low so I ran to find coal. In the past I had issues finding coal and soon realized this might be another one of "Those times" to my luck however I found 4 blocks not far from my home which I quickly mined and turned to torches. Apon returning home the sun was sinking fast.  

I arrived home just as the sun went down and quickly stuck torches outside my home to stop monsters spawning right on my door step. I did not have time to unpack the good dinner ware and napkins so that would be a fopa to no end.  

So ends my first day. A small home to keep me safe. Torches to keep the baddies away. And a little workbench to toil away on.  I shall sleep hungry tonight but safe. Hungry but safe.  

Tomorrow is a new day. And I have many plans. The search for coal begins a new and maybe even iron. Stone pitckaxes to be made and a stone sword to be forged.  

Well that was my first new day in minecraft. I was thinking of keeping a little journal like this and keep it a sort of diary like feel. If anything it will give me a reason to upload more pictures. 
    AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By AckbarTheGreat

Sounds like a great idea, I look forward to reading of your coming adventures!

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By M_33

This was fun to read. I wouldn't mind more.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Thanks for reading. I might do another tonight if anyone else has interest. 

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grelik

I love minecraft, what texture pack are you using?  Looks pretty good.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Grelik said:
    " I love minecraft, what texture pack are you using?  Looks pretty good. "
    Its some "HD" pack I found. Not sure the name. Ill try to dig it up. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.