Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Did it win GOTY any where?

• 70 results
    imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By imhuntad
    @pause422 said:
    " @JDDrewes said:
    " @InfiniteGeass said:
    " GameTrailers gave it game of everything ever apparently. "
    That's better than GameSpot, who think that they're so cool and didn't give it best shooter, competitive multiplayer, or co-op. "
    Or maybe they have an opinion like everyone else and chose something else because of it? Get over yourself...just because you think a game deserves something doesn't mean someone not giving it what you feel it deserves means they are "trying to be cool". "
    Both of these sentences would have worked just fine without the "Get over yourself" part. Having family problems at home? Wanna talk about it?
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By pause422
    @imhuntad said:
    " @pause422 said:
    " @JDDrewes said:
    " @InfiniteGeass said:
    That's better than GameSpot, who think that they're so cool and didn't give it best shooter, competitive multiplayer, or co-op. "
    Or maybe they have an opinion like everyone else and chose something else because of it? Get over yourself...just because you think a game deserves something doesn't mean someone not giving it what you feel it deserves means they are "trying to be cool". "
    Both of these sentences would have worked just fine without the "Get over yourself" part. Having family problems at home? Wanna talk about it? "
    Come up with a better response before trying to sound witty in some way. It really doesn't work well for you.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#53  Edited By rjayb89

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Official Xbox Magazine (OXM) awarded this game their 2009 GOTY award.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By imhuntad
    @pause422 said:

" @imhuntad said:

" @pause422 said:
    " @JDDrewes said:
    " @InfiniteGeass said:
    Both of these sentences would have worked just fine without the "Get over yourself" part. Having family problems at home? Wanna talk about it? "
    Come up with a better response before trying to sound witty in some way. It really doesn't work well for you. "
    If you had any common sense, you would see that my statement was pure common sense. Why attack the guy for no reason? Either you are having problems or are just a jerk. 

Edit: Probably a little of both, eh? :P 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    "
    "
    This. 

Gamespot seem to be going the "cool to be different" path. It just makes them look even more like dumb asses. None of them will have played all of the games released this year so none will be able to categorically say there are no games better than it. The GOTY is just a chore every media outlet has to do. I have my own best of lists and I don't care what anyone else has.  

Given the lack of post release support MW2 has received as regards to all of the hacking I'm amazed it was considered by so many.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

If it was a PS3 exclusive it would had. XD

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JDDrewes
    @Delta4 said:
    " @JDDrewes said:

" @Delta4 said:

It's just a rehashed and reskined version of the first Modern Warfare (which was a great game). With a short and terrible campaign and the same multiplayer from COD4 just with new perks, weapons and maps.

You mean to tell me that a sequel is similar to the first game, but with new features? "
      I don't count new weapons and maps new features. Basically nothing has changed. MW2 could almost be a user-made mod. And anyway, I wouldn't pay full price for different weapons, perks and maps that could easily be added to COD4 through DLC. No way I would pay full price for that short, crappy campaign either. If MW2 had substantial new features and a decent campaign, then it'd be worth $60.      "
    Spec Ops, vehicle sections,  a completely revamped multiplayer, and an entire new campagin? and you think think that it's practically the same game as COD4? I mean, what the hell do you think is a good sequel?
    Pun1sherrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Pun1sherrr

I SAID :  demon's souls deserves GOTY, but i agree that gamespot did not recognize MW2 at all... like at least best shooter... and yah lmfaoo Chinatown wars??

--actually i take my reply back... GTA chinatown wars is an amaizing game.. i never expected Rockstar to come up with such an exciting game for DS and continue the excellence on the PSP.... I've been playing it these couple of weeks and to me this is the best GTA game for PSP by far....................

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By DrPockets000

MW2 is one of the most overrated games of the decade.  And yes, I mean from 2000.  

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By Jayross
    @JDDrewes:@JDDrewes said:
    "
    Spec Ops, vehicle sections,  a completely revamped multiplayer, and an entire new campagin? and you think think that it's practically the same game as COD4? I mean, what the hell do you think is a good sequel? "
    Vehicle sections:
    I don't know what you are talking about, CoD4 had vehicle sections.

Completely revamped multiplayer: 
    More like completely re-tweaked with some bugs thrown in, and no dedi-servers or any chance for user-created content.

Entire new campaign:
    Shorter and even more nonsensical than the first.

Spec Ops:
    Spec Ops was a very good mode, I am glad they decided to add at least one new feature for a $60 game, sheesh...
    myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By myslead

in my heart <3

nah, after getting my PS3 and playing Uncharted 2, I had to give the crown to that game.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By RobotHamster

MW2 wasn't on my top 10.  It just didn't up to my expectations and didn't do it for me, it was good, but there was so much better stuff out last year.

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By JDDrewes
    @Jayross said:
    " @JDDrewes:@JDDrewes said:
    "
    Spec Ops, vehicle sections,  a completely revamped multiplayer, and an entire new campagin? and you think think that it's practically the same game as COD4? I mean, what the hell do you think is a good sequel? "
    Vehicle sections: I don't know what you are talking about, CoD4 had vehicle sections.  Completely revamped multiplayer:  More like completely re-tweaked with some bugs thrown in, and no dedi-servers or any chance for user-created content.  Entire new campaign: Shorter and even more nonsensical than the first.  Spec Ops: Spec Ops was a very good mode, I am glad they decided to add at least one new feature for a $60 game, sheesh... "
    well fine. what do you consider a good sequel?
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By jkz
    @JDDrewes said:
    " @Jayross said:
    " @JDDrewes:@JDDrewes said:
    "
    Vehicle sections: I don't know what you are talking about, CoD4 had vehicle sections.  Completely revamped multiplayer:  More like completely re-tweaked with some bugs thrown in, and no dedi-servers or any chance for user-created content.  Entire new campaign: Shorter and even more nonsensical than the first.  Spec Ops: Spec Ops was a very good mode, I am glad they decided to add at least one new feature for a $60 game, sheesh... "
    well fine. what do you consider a good sequel? "
    I sense an impending wave of "Uncharted 2" comments.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Cube

MW2's online is not completely revamped, that is a load of horse shit. It's COD.

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By thebignasty

I'm fine with MW2 not winning GOTY everywhere.  I think it was one of my favorite games from last year, and I'm still playing it, but I can totally see why games like UC2 and Batman are winning the best game award, and I don't think anyone, except the hardcore MW fanboys, is arguing against those games.

The real issue I have with GameSpot giving Demon's Souls GOTY is that it didn't even receive their highest rating last year!  UC2 and DA (among others) received higher scores than it.  And don't give me the, "the score is based on the reviewer's opinion" crap because enough people work there and look at reviews to where those scores have to be justified when they're released.  That's the most obvious indication they decided to try taking the road less traveled when coming up with a GOTY.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jayross
    @Tarsier: Your favorite games of last year were sequels that added barley anything?
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jayross
    @Tarsier: bu...but... you just said!
    Maxism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Maxism

I don't think it deserves GOTY; maybe multiplayer GOTY.

Gamespot giving Demon's Souls GOTY was just an attempt to grab the hardcore gamers' attention to their site. Apparently, Gamespot is hurting in the visitor department.

Nice to see Giantbomb gives the GOTY to a game that actually deserves it, rather than trying to appeal to the "hardcore" or "casual."

Sinatra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By Sinatra

Gamespy and Gametrailers are the only ones that gave it GOTY. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.