Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 2 PC Will Cost $60 At Some Retailers

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

After Bobby Koticks anger inducing comments about the cost of the game in the UK recently, it now turns out some retailers across the US will be selling the PC version of the game for a whopping $60: 

http://www.beefjack.com/blog/news/call-duty-modern-warfare-2-priced-60-pc/     

PC peeps be warned, in fact everyone should be, just make sure your getting the game for a price you can afford, try shopping around for the best prices beforehand.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gargantuan

Weird, in Sweden it costs the regular 599 sek for the consoles and 449 sek for the PC.
     http://www.game.se/acatalog/Call_of_Duty_-_Modern_Warfare_2.html

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

of the biggest 2 video game shops in israel : 58 US Dollars and 53 US Dollars .. looks like i got a pretty good deal !

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo

I ended up pre-ordering the standard PC version for £24 ($40) inc del. from an RRP of £40 ($66).  

Anybody paying store price nowadays, let alone RRP, is a sucker.

Alphawolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Alphawolfy

Well in Taiwan video game stores seem to just set their own prices... most new console games (at the store near where I live) cost around 1500-1600NT, which is about $50 US.  
    I'm guessing the PC version will be around the same price.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By bacongames

That's the reason I never played the first Modern Warfare.  The asshole stayed full price and refused to get discounted.  Which means I didn't play it because it was so popular.  And that was with COD4 being $50.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Baillie

£34.99 in UK.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iam3green

it is stupid to hear a company is being greedy to get more money. most of the pc games that are new are $50, i think it should stay like that. $50 is still al ittle expensive but it is a good place for it to be.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Jeffsekai

This is great news, for some reason PC games have always cost less and now there are the same price as an  avid console gamer (and pc) I welcome this change so that everyone pays the same.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Some reason being they don't pay any licencing to a first party, PC has none of that. How that makes you happy is beyond me, but hey, here's something to make you unhappy: Most games still cost less on PC, this is just Activsion (and maybe some others) being (yet again) a bitch :-)

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Azteck

That's fun 'cause in Sweden they cost something like 98 USD, at least if you trust the google money converter.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn
    @Jeffsekai said:
    "This is great news, for some reason PC games have always cost less and now there are the same price as an  avid console gamer (and pc) I welcome this change so that everyone pays the same. "

Are you honestly saying that you feel better if everyone suffers? Thanks, thats real nice of you, you sound like a quality person, or rather, you sound like every other console fanboy. Congratulations.

I HATE YOU INFINITY WARD....... woah, after typing that it suddenly got really cold.  

Anyways, PC games cost 50 bucks, thats how its always been, why do they feel the need to be jerks and force us to pay 60, because they all know we want the game, im starting to understand why piracy is such a big deal.
    Pandasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Pandasaurus
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " This is great news, for some reason PC games have always cost less and now there are the same price as an  avid console gamer (and pc) I welcome this change so that everyone pays the same. "
    I think the reason that console games cost more is the fact Sony or Microsoft takes a cut of the profit from each sell, respective to their cosoles.  I may be wrong though!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.