Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Something that would help the game online

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Just take out the grenade launchers, I cannot think of a situation where you absolutely need to use a grenade launcher and all they do if make me throw my hands in the air and say "Of course they killed me with it, they're so good".
     Please someone create a counter-argument or a scenario in which the inclusion of grenade launchers enhance the game online.

OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @Guyzea: As do grenades, and most people don't really go for the direct impact kill.
    I'm saying that taking out the grenade launchers would take away a bunch of frustration for me and a bunch of people I know.
    Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Not done it particularly often but they're pretty good at clearing rooms accurately from a distance, can't be done with grenades because of the time delay pre-explosion and the comparatively poor throwing range.

raynate2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raynate2022

That are about my exact words too..Lol..."Oh wow you're so fucking good ya fuck!" It's frustrating when people exclusively use grenade launchers. But most of the time they're not top on the team so it's ok. 

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Coombs
    @raynate2022 said:

" That are about my exact words too..Lol..."Oh wow you're so fucking good ya fuck!" It's frustrating when people exclusively use grenade launchers. But most of the time they're not top on the team so it's ok.  "

Its pretty damn rare that someone running with a grenade launcher even ends up with a k/d of 1/1
    theres a reason they use them, Its the same reason they are the people who run machine guns with extra ammo clips
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Relys

"Wow, that was such a pro grenade launch!"

Yeah... I don't see that happening.

GET OUT! NOW!
     ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

cdstacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cdstacker

You should keep them in because frankly, it's no fun to get zero kills. Sure grenade launchers aren't exactly fare but good players don't actually use them much and generally get far better scores than someone relying on them, so whats the harm in letting the less skilled still have some fun in a game they paid money for. Taking them out would make the game more competitive, but if the best players still win it's more important to make sure that everyone can have some fun, even those that aren't that good. If you make your game too competitive than you end up with a game that no new players can get in to and is really only fun for dedicated, hardcore fans, if you relax the competitiveness a little than you have something where the best players still win but people like me or my uncle can still have fun with the launchers, riot shields, etc.

Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Laharl

Counter camping and counter sniping, the 2 things people seem to bitch about the most is what noob tubes are for.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Relys

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    GET OUT! NOW!

Trash like you shouldn't be allowed to call yourself gamers.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Warfare
    @Laharl said:

" Counter camping and counter sniping, the 2 things people seem to bitch about the most is what noob tubes are for. "

QFT  though i prefer the RPG for campers.
    Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shadowsquire

Personally what I would do is to limit the tubes to one or two grenades at absolute max. They can come in handy on the rare occasion, but they shouldn't be used to get every one of your kills.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Relys said:
    " ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ GET OUT! NOW!  Trash like you shouldn't be allowed to call yourself gamers. "
    wat
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @cdstacker said:
    " You should keep them in because frankly, it's no fun to get zero kills. Sure grenade launchers aren't exactly fare but good players don't actually use them much and generally get far better scores than someone relying on them, so whats the harm in letting the less skilled still have some fun in a game they paid money for. Taking them out would make the game more competitive, but if the best players still win it's more important to make sure that everyone can have some fun, even those that aren't that good. If you make your game too competitive than you end up with a game that no new players can get in to and is really only fun for dedicated, hardcore fans, if you relax the competitiveness a little than you have something where the best players still win but people like me or my uncle can still have fun with the launchers, riot shields, etc. "
    I see your point, but I wish IW would come out with a Halo 3-like matchmaking service so the not so skilled could play together, and the have to play every free second type could play against each other as well.
    Oh, and I have nothing against riot shielders, no idea how you guys/girls can run around being so slow.
    Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Laharl
    @Warfare said:
    " @Laharl said:

" Counter camping and counter sniping, the 2 things people seem to bitch about the most is what noob tubes are for. "

QFT  though i prefer the RPG for campers. "
    rpg is good but if your prestiging your stuck with the awful at4 until lvl 60 something or other while grenade launcher is the 1st unlock for every assualt rifle. Course if you run around with the rpg in hand blowing up ppl you will get the same reactions of hatred. 
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Druminator

They should just have one nade in them so the only way to get more is with Scavenger.

Pepsicolaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Pepsicolaboy

So true. When I get killed by a grenade luancher (in any game) i generally just swear and get angry. it never feels like you've been outplayed or beaten, rather that you just happened to be where the grenade happened to explode...if that makes any sense. 
    On the other hand they aren't all that easy to use. So I guess its kinda balanced.

Maybe they should just make the switching time longer in MW2? Its like 0.5 seconds as it is. I dunno.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By meteora

Grenade launchers are great for room clearing tactics. I use them a lot of times and I can't help but know/think that I'm pissing off a bunch of people. People who get really good or lucky with noob tubes can become a problematic. For me, its fine because I fight fire with fire. However knowing that some people don't really like resorting to such tactics (or just aren't nearly as good with them) do take issue with the attachment.

For me I'm alright with them existing. Though admittedly the AT4 and RPG pretty much can do the same job, albeit they fire in a straight line than noob tubes do when they drop in velocity. If they take it out, I guess that means I have one less cheap tactic to gain some kills if I'm doing badly or don't feel like putting too much energy/effort into the game.

mementomori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mementomori

Nothing can salvage this shitheap. Not even dedis.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Warfare
    @Laharl said:

" @Warfare said:

" @Laharl said:

QFT  though i prefer the RPG for campers. "
    rpg is good but if your prestiging your stuck with the awful at4 until lvl 60 something or other while grenade launcher is the 1st unlock for every assualt rifle. Course if you run around with the rpg in hand blowing up ppl you will get the same reactions of hatred.  "
    True, but i don't run around with the rpg i only use it if i see someone camping. 
    BTW  AT4 + Scavenger +danger close = good times.
    Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Adamantium

Noob tubes are fine. Say what you will about them being used by folks without skill, but using one skillfully can be way satisfying. I often clear out 3 people at a time or get direct headshots with them, which really makes you feel awesome as you see the explosion and get the "HEADSHOT!" pop-up at the same time.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

Noob tubes don't bother me at all in this game.

s3r1al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By s3r1al

I would like them removed as well, but I know it wont happen, so I learn to avoid them.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Death_Unicorn
    @Laharl said:
    I agree, however, I get frustrated when I get killed two seconds after spawning in Hardcore Search. I've seen up to 6 explosions from grenade launchers go off around me in the first 3 seconds of the game...
    Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Laharl
    @Death_Unicorn said:
    " @Laharl said:
    I agree, however, I get frustrated when I get killed two seconds after spawning in Hardcore Search. I've seen up to 6 explosions from grenade launchers go off around me in the first 3 seconds of the game... "
    Never said it wasnt annoying and that people can be assholes bout the noob tube (its called noob tube for a reason) but still thats pretty much the intent of the weapon in multiplayer, the theory is that theres only 2 rounds so you use them sparingly but thanks to scavenger and one man army its pretty much grenade hell. 

I will say this though, the maps are designed so that the bullshit tactic of shooting the nade launcher 2 seconds after start of game and getting 4 kills isnt as prevalent as it was in cod4, most maps theres only one little corrider you can do that maybe but its as simple is knowing to never go that way and to change your strategy. 
    tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tbone81889

I feel that if Infinity Ward took out a lot of things this game would be better and more competitive, especially perks.  What this game really comes down to is whether or not you have the right perks equipped at the right time.  But that would make the game more like Halo (balanced)  and people wouldn't like that.

Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gahzoo

I haven't run into many grenade launcher users in this game, and I've played quite a bit of it. 

I actually like grenade launchers now, because it gives me a chance against some idiot camping in his sights staring at a doorway, If I walked in with a regular gun out, I'd be shot before i could go into my sights.
    HogWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HogWild

Have they been removed from current combat?  Peeps bitching about grenade launchers now, what about grenades in general?  Just sounds like a bunch of people actually suck at this game and can't do anything but complain.

They should stay in just like most everything else.  So far, to me, the most rediculous thing is the perk commando...the knifing in this latest game is rediculous.

OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @HogWild:  You have time to run away from grenades (Unless they're cooked of course, but let's be honest, who uses actual frag grenades in MW2?) , you don't have time to run away from this spiraling cylinder of doom coming your way at a million miles per hour.
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeforgotten

I single bullet to the head of those guys usually seems to stop them. 
    Or is that just my bullets? 

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By Hamz

They are a necessary evil. Perhaps not the weapon of choice for the 'l33t skillz' type of player or the sort of player with a higher moral code, but it is a valuable weapon to have in the game for those folks who just straight up have difficulty scoring kills. People complained about it in COD4 until eventually those who used the grenade launcher frequently realised they had more kills per match actually aiming down their sights than blind firing the grenade launcher.

That being said for anyone looking to create a decent grenade launcher centric class. Try the following, it worked well for me during my brief time with MW2.

Primary : Gun + Grenade Launcher attachment
    Secondary : Thumper x2
    Perk 1: Scavenger Pro
    Perk 2 : Danger Close Pro
    Perk 3 : Ninja Pro 
    Equipment : Semtex + Flash

Heartbreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Heartbreak

I don't find them a problem, I run around with a care package grenade and knife those guys in the back. If I get shot with a Pro-Pipe then well thats my fault.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By Metroid545

grenade launchers are awesome period

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ahriman22
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan: Frag grenades actually work for me. I know how long to cook them is all, I usually tend to cook them so that they go off in midair, but close enough to the ground to kill. No point in just tossing one un-cooked.
    XfireCarzy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By XfireCarzy23

That would be a bad idea... Blast shield nuff said.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.