Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Too many new features?

iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iiNF3RNo

I am glad IW went through the time and looked at all of our request for the game but it just seems like they are going overboard on new features. i guess that could be a good thing though.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

good

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Can a game ever have too many new features?

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By angelkanarias

lol- too many? lol.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#5  Edited By citizenkane
    @Gamer_152 said:
    If not done correctly, yes.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warxsnake
    @Gamer_152 said:
    "

"
    GTA4 bowling darts dating etc
    Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Raiden36O
    @iiNF3RNo: Seems like a pretty silly thing to complain about when you haven't even played the game yet. Can i ask what u think is going overboard? So far what i have seen seems like a logical evolution for the series.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn

Ya theres a ton of new stuff, and a million weapons, but all that means is there are more ways to kill people, the riot shield thing still annoys me though, it looks so dum! This isnt gears of war, we dont need meat shields.
    TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By TheDoorman

Its a good thing, now if they would only agree to my request for the Teddy Bear  as aweapon and put it in the game. But nope.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
    @warxsnake:
    @CitizenKane:
    I understand the point you're making, but you seem to be talking about badly-made features or features being badly integrated into a game causing problems, rather than an overabundance of features themselves dragging down the game's quality. For example in Grand Theft Auto IV most people didn't like the darts, bowling and billiards not because they flooded out the game with new features, but because they were semi-okay minigames that the game kept trying to coax you into playing when all you wanted to do was enjoy the much higher quality driving and shooting gameplay.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pibo47

Wait.....to many? I am not really seeing anything all that new. Killstreak stuff...and spec ops...what am i missing?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikemcn

Oh and theres no way Throwing Knives can go wrong, so dont worry about that as a feature.
    SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SamStrife

I can kinda see where the OP is coming from, the trailers are packing as many new things about the game as they can, which is making the whole thing look a bit overwhelming, but I think that the game will ease players into it like the original MW did, so we don't really have much need to wory.
    Burntlettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Burntlettuce

I don't think so, at least not from what i have seen. All of it looks like it fits really well into the game and just looks like it will increase my overall enjoyment of the series.

Team18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Team18

I agree, I don't want the game to be any different from the previous. At all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant imagine it being overwhelming once you get on it and play it.
    Most of the new stuff won't be thrown at you right away. 
    You will be ranking up to unlock it. 
    Which is really nice.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PureRok
    @Team18 said:
    " I agree, I don't want the game to be any different from the previous. At all. "
    So go play the first one.
    Team18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Team18
    @PureRok said:
    " @Team18 said:
    " I agree, I don't want the game to be any different from the previous. At all. "
    So go play the first one. "
    I have, but I want to play this new game too. But I don't want anything new in it.
    kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kermoosh
    @Team18 said:
    " @PureRok said:
    " @Team18 said:
    So go play the first one. "
    I have, but I want to play this new game too. But I don't want anything new in it. "
    if there is nothing new than its the same exact thing as cod4, making it useless to buy MW2
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Druminator

All the new features they've shown so far are pretty awesome. However just like with COD4 and WAW there will more than likely be useless Perks and attachments unless they just got rid of all the shitty ones and add all good ones. It would be awesome if there was so much variety you didn't know where to start. In COD4 all my classes had the same Perks; the ones that were worth a damn.

Pandasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pandasaurus
    @Gamer_152 said:

" @warxsnake: @CitizenKane: I understand the point you're making, but you seem to be talking about badly-made features or features being badly integrated into a game causing problems, rather than an overabundance of features themselves dragging down the game's quality. For example in Grand Theft Auto IV most people didn't like the darts, bowling and billiards not because they flooded out the game with new features, but because they were semi-okay minigames that the game kept trying to coax you into playing when all you wanted to do was enjoy the much higher quality driving and shooting gameplay. "

dude you are like some kind of mind reading jedi or something,  thats exactly the kind of stuff i hate in games.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By choffy21

I don't care about new features. It's when the new features make the game unbalanced is when I have a problem with them. Knife-throwing, riot shields and AC-130 all look like terribly unbalanced new features.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mikemcn
    @choffy21 said:
    "I don't care about new features. It's when the new features make the game unbalanced is when I have a problem with them. Knife-throwing, riot shields and AC-130 all look like terribly unbalanced new features. "
    You dont think IW has playtested this stuff? i bet they'll make it work, they always do good in the end.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By choffy21
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    "I don't care about new features. It's when the new features make the game unbalanced is when I have a problem with them. Knife-throwing, riot shields and AC-130 all look like terribly unbalanced new features. "
    You dont think IW has playtested this stuff? i bet they'll make it work, they always do good in the end. "
    A shield you hide behind that will protect you from all bullets for a short amount of time is a terrible feature. I do have faith in Infinity Ward, but there's always balancing issues in every game, but and the more you add, the worse it gets.
    Ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Ishoturface

i have never heard that sentence beofre (to many new features) wtf?!? there is no such frigging thing!!
    Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Raiden36O
    @choffy21 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    You dont think IW has playtested this stuff? i bet they'll make it work, they always do good in the end. "
    A shield you hide behind that will protect you from all bullets for a short amount of time is a terrible feature. I do have faith in Infinity Ward, but there's always balancing issues in every game, but and the more you add, the worse it gets. "
    Have you never played Rainbow Six Vegas? Riot shields feature in that games multi-player also and they are far from over powered. They are good if you and your team know how to use them correctly but for the most part you just shoot a few rounds at there shins or a well placed grenade and they drop. There is no reason to think that IW wouldnt have balanced this feature in their game much like ubisoft did.

If anything feaures like the riot shield add variety and new tacitcal options to try, but i dont see it being over powered. Perhaps we should wait to play it before jumping to conclusions about the game being unbalanced.
    Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lashe

Oh no! Devs actually putting an effort into a sequel!  

EEEEK!

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Azteck
    @Raiden36O said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    A shield you hide behind that will protect you from all bullets for a short amount of time is a terrible feature. I do have faith in Infinity Ward, but there's always balancing issues in every game, but and the more you add, the worse it gets. "
    Have you never played Rainbow Six Vegas? Riot shields feature in that games multi-player also and they are far from over powered. They are good if you and your team know how to use them correctly but for the most part you just shoot a few rounds at there shins or a well placed grenade and they drop. There is no reason to think that IW wouldnt have balanced this feature in their game much like ubisoft did.  If anything feaures like the riot shield add variety and new tacitcal options to try, but i dont see it being over powered. Perhaps we should wait to play it before jumping to conclusions about the game being unbalanced. "
    I also don't think you can run around with an LMG and a riot shield. They've probably put restrictions on what weapons you can use while carrying the shield.
    Sarge117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sarge117

How many times have you hit someone with a grenade? That's how many times you'll kill someone with a throwing knife. How many times have people gotten an 11 kill streak? That's how many times you'll see the AC-130. How much does the riot shield cover one's body? Just the front, throw a flashbang or stun grenade and the shield drops far enough to reveal the holder's head, plus it only covers the front of your body, so find a way to get behind the person to kill them. Plus, you hold a riot shield and you can only hold that, and no sidearms. The guys with riot shields on cannot kill other people because they have no guns to use with the shield active.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By iam3green

i think that it is a great idea of having more features. i just hope that they are nothing stupid features. i don't think it's a bad thing to have to many features. it just adds more things to do in the game.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ArchScabby

Holy crap dude.

People will find anything to complain about.

Cloudwork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cloudwork

i just can't wait until they bring out the promod and get rid of all the perks etc. and balance the guns

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.