Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

What's with the haterade on people who don't Prestige?

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By rjaylee

I feel that if people want to prestige, hey by all means, go ahead. I personally chose not to (along with a number of my friends) because I don't want to unlock all the weapons and what not all over again. I'm purely satisfied to just pick up and play the game regardless of my level with the loadouts I have already established. New emblems and titles? Don't really care that much, at least not right now.

But quite recently, there seems to be a lot of people who like to pick on people who don't prestige in the chat (of course with the usual addition of negatory and racist comments with copious amounts of bigotry). 

Is this something that anyone else is encountering? Or is this simply the new fad that doesn't warrant discussion, and to simply label these people who make these back-handed comments as idiot children who think their e-penis needs to be larger? Or am I somehow doing some sort of Judgement Day causing, burn-to-the-stake kind of unjustice that I'm purely not even aware about?

Comment as you will.
    ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By ColinWright

pussy. :P In all seriousness it makes the game more fun. But, that's my opinion.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman

If you don't prestige, eat a dick - Ice T

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andorski

It's just people finding something to bitch about while showing others their 1337 videogame skillz.  I don't play MW2 that often, so once I hit 70, I will most likely stay there so that I can pick up the game every so often and play with all the weapons I want.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ZenaxPure

Someone should post that haters gonna hate picture, seems fitting here. 

Uh anyhow, I haven't done it yet but with how I play games (I blame WoW) I would feel like I was doing a whole lot of nothing if I didn't prestige and continued to play. I feel like I need to always be working towards something. To each his own though.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rjaylee
    @wh4tshisface said:
    "pussy. :P In all seriousness it makes the game more fun. But, that's my opinion. "

To each their own, of course, which I totally respect. I simply don't have the time nor the inclination to keep unlocking and keep leveling up perks and weapons. 

In other words, to put into the retrospective of this comment, it does not make the game very fun for me to use some of the earlier loadouts when I enjoy the specific combinations. Leveling up a purely aesthetic status symbol and number is simply not something I personally care to associate fun with.
    EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EvolutionX0
    @heatDrive88:  
    Prestige in Call of duty just means how much free time you have, prestige 10 on CoD4 it took me 13 days 21 hours 23 mins (total) with MW2 it seems its going be around 15 days approx.. and that's quite a bit of time. No "skill full" person  would complete it in less than 10 days.
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By fwylo
    @heatDrive88: I agree with you.  I prestiged in COD4 and got to about level 40 4th prestige.  I found it wasn't worth it.  I'm not going to play enough to get to tenth.  And I found myself looking at the ones that didn't prestige and thinking that I shouldn't have.  I've found people look at prestige to completely determine how good are not a person is.  But how sweet is it to be level 70 no prestige and be at the top of the board.  Makes people underestimate you.
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rjaylee
    @EvolutionX0:
    While I agree getting the highest prestige in the smallest amount of time possible would mean a player is quite skillful (or maybe just a booster), I also make no mistake that a high prestige level alone equates to a person who is really good at the game either.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10  Edited By the8bitNacho

Fuck Prestige.  The AK47 is my favorite weapon.  I'd get to use it for what, an hour every few months if I Prestiged every time I hit 70?

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rjaylee

I also should make a note through all the posting, that I am in no way condoning the fact that not prestiging is the '2 kewl 4 skool' thing to do, and that I somehow rape people that are of 10th prestige on a daily basis while I laugh heartily without prestiging. 

As satisfying as that sounds, I don't do this because I don't think I'm the hottest shit ever at the game or anything, but I get by just fine with great, horrible, and average games, just like anyone else.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus

Suck a dick.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I like having 1 additional custom loadout slots with each prestige and I also enjoy unlocking everything again and also getting new titles/emblems w/ a new icon next to my gamertag, so I'm all for prestiging.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By natetodamax

Because only the cool kids prestige.

kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kenya24

Going through the prestige process a few times now, I've found that each time I try some new stuff. New weapons, tactics etc. If for no other reason it's been good that way.

In my experience online, people who don't prestige don't really get bothered by others, unless they're talking sh!t. Then the whole "why don't you prestige you $^$@%&" comes around. Which I kinda agree with. If you're going to be running your mouth about how great to are to everyone in the world, then I think you should prestige. By definition, prestige is merely bragging rights.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By sjschmidt93

I don't mind it because my favorite weapons (UMP45) is unlocked from the start. Plus Lightweight, Commando, and Marathon are all there from the get-go.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60

I heard a little kid talking to a level 70 guy and he said "Fuck you, i will not take you seriously as a player until you prestige you piece of shit, you suck." 

It made me /facepalm irl.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

It's pretty lame if you just sit at lvl 70 and don't prestige.  

The whole point about MW is to unlock crap.  "Oh snap, four more games and I get my P90!" 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheHBK
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " It's pretty lame if you just sit at lvl 70 and don't prestige.    The whole point about MW is to unlock crap.  "Oh snap, four more games and I get my P90!"  "
    The whole point is to play the game.  If you want to prestige more power to you but a lot of us don't have the time to play so much to then start all over and have to use crap weapons again.  I am still only at level 47, i got the game day 1.  And play what I would say is regularly, but dont go on marathon sessions.  If I get to level 70, I am not gonna spend another 5 months trying to get back there, just so I can use all the cool stuff I unlocked, now that would be lame.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jadeskye

I prestiged multiple times because i wanted to. 

Some people don't and to them i wish them the best! They'll kick the crap out of me from 1-25 everytime and thats the price i pay :D

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikkaQ

I couldn't get to the top level in COD4  in the two years I've owned it. So if I ever DO prestige in this game... yeah I'm fuckin' staying there. Takes me long enough. No time to play COD ALL the time, there's so many games coming out. 

So if I'm not prestiging due to how time consuming it is... people who'd bitch about that are requiring to get the life.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By beargirl1
    @Milkman said:
    " If you don't prestige, eat a dick - Ice T "
    quote of the year
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iamjohn
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " It's pretty lame if you just sit at lvl 70 and don't prestige.    The whole point about MW is to unlock crap.  "Oh snap, four more games and I get my P90!"  "
    So why should I spend my time messing with stuff and trying to unlock the perfect kit only so I can lose it and have to do it again?  That's not fun; that's a fucking impediment standing in the way of letting me play the game how I want to play the game once I've proven myself to be deserving of the equipment.  I don't need an extra way to wave my dick around online if it's going to cost me being able to play the game in a way that is the most fun to me and making me lose all my progress for some stupid emblem. 

I don't care if people wanna prestige.  If that sounds like fun to you, go ahead.  But don't judge me for not wanting to when and if I hit 70.
    CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CaptainTryHard

I myself do get a little peeved when I see someone kicking it at 70 because I personally want to try to reach 10th prestige 70. When I see someone sitting there with all their high-powered guns with all attachments and camos, it makes me think "what are you not good enough to do it all again?"  

From reading these responses I guess that is the case ahah. But to sum it up, some people just want everyone to do the same as them? I'm sorry if I personally have ever harassed any of you. 

Whoops (:

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I really don't care if a person  prestiges or not.I probably will because I love constantly unlocking stuff.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iam3green

i never heard of anyone talking shit about prestiging. i am only second prestige on 4 and i'm like level 20. i got bored of the game. i plan on prestige soon as i'm level 68 going to be tonight maybe. who knows i might get bored and stop playing the game.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By George_Hukas
    @Milkman said:
    " If you don't prestige, eat a dick - Ice T "
    I played with Ice T..

..dropped prone right in front of him and hit him in the balls with a throwing knife.

I wouldn't be prestiging if it wasn't for titles though, seriously. They are like Pokemon.. stupid but I want em all.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dbz1995

I'm a dude who stayed at level 70 because I have a clan to support.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bigandtasty

In a popular online game, people will use any excuse to insult others.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By sopranosfan

Play a game how you feel comfortable and don't worry about others.  If all else fails do like Billy Madison and say "All the cool kids stay at level 70 and don't prestige."

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @heatDrive88:  Your doing what I wish I did.  I hardly ever play it since I first prestiged and now I wish I didn't.  If your friends are doing the same thing then I see no level competition with them so you don't feel obligated to prestige, that is great.  As long as it is fun to you why should anyone care if you didn't restart your unlocks so you get a new emblem or title?  Besides after the hacking on PSN I trust NO ONES level.  

The only think I look at to see how good someone is, is by looking at the score board after the game. 
    squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By squirtle_squad

skip to 8:35  

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CornontheCobbe

I don't know why people make such a fuss about it really. 

In the end it does not mean anything. If your happy with not prestiging, then so be it. 

I however find it gives you a few extra hours before you become totally bored of it.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see the appeal of prestiging, wanting to be constantly earning something by leveling or to just show off, but I play Modern Warfare 2 to shoot duders.  So on the rare occasion I was to just shoot duders, I want to have all my shit unlocked. 

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bionicicide

I laugh to myself when I see people on their 2nd prestige, imagining how lonely they are makes me feel better about myself. :) I give 1st prestige people a pass because they probably got tricked into clicking it or curiosity got the best of them. :(

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find people who go into prestige for reasons other than to have another custom loadout pathetic. You seriously want to put in that amount of time into a game so you get a fucking emblem next to your name whenever you enter a game? And it doesn't even mean you're good. It just means you've played the game again. I sat at highest level in CoD4 as soon as I reached it, and never prestiged. All the fucks who go 'LOL GO PRESTIGE NUUB' end up getting their ass handed to them. 

I've seen level 1s destroy 10th prestige players. It doesn't mean crap.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By jakob187

EITHER HIT THAT PRESTIGE BUTTON OR EAT A DICK!!!
     EITHER HIT THAT PRESTIGE BUTTON OR EAT A DICK!!!
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#38  Edited By natetodamax
    @jakob187: lol, did he really say that?
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Demyx

Never prestiged in COD4.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#40  Edited By beargirl1
    @natetodamax said:
    " @jakob187: lol, did he really say that? "
    he did. look at the video posted above
    lukeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lukeyk
    @dbz1995 said:
    " I'm a dude who stayed at level 70 because I have a clan to support. "

Really? Cameron done it while prestiging. :O HES BETTER THAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even though you already know that. 

Anyways I havnt actually got to level 70 yet but I wont prestige way too much effort, and no i dont mean its too much effort getting all the guns again and such, I mean its to much effort to go into barracks and press the button :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.