Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

Considered the definitive second generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite includes all the content present in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and adds hundreds of new weapons, items, armor, and quests.

CAPCOM's Monster Hunter Western Push

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

It seems they're finally putting some well deserved effort in promoting the franchise to the West.

First up is a series of tutorial videos that teach people how to play. The first episode is available.

Then they also have the Encyclopedia Gigantica with tons of useful or interesting information.

These are for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite which will soon become available, but Monster Hunter 3 followers can see the basics too.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool

Looks good.  I have high hopes for this and hope the west embraces it.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Linkyshinks said:
    A wise move from them, it's very much needed. I like the tutorial and the idea of a encyclopedia.  The ... [more]
    Halp D:
    Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Xeiphyer

I'm glad that they are getting some attention finally over here. I wish it could become super popular like it is in japan. However because something crazy like 85% of PSP owners have hacked PSPs I doubt their gamesales will do as good as they hope.. Which discourages them from releasing games over here. Sigh.

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

You know what would probably help the most in the U.S.?  INCLUDE ACTUAL ONLINE PLAY!  I will never find 3 friends who have this game, NEVER!

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xeiphyer

I agree. They should have added infrastructure mode for this game. Luckily my 2 best friends are also into MH so we can all play :D

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

They should have picked someone else to do the voice in that video.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#9  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @Atomic_Tangerine said:
    " You know what would probably help the most in the U.S.?  INCLUDE ACTUAL ONLINE PLAY!  I will never find 3 friends who have this game, NEVER! "
    Get Ad-hoc Party off the Japanese PSN Store.
    Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine
    @Sleepy_Insomniac:

Yeah, I could do that, but I would rather just get a game that is designed for online play without me making international PSN accounts.  That might be a real solution, but that is not the kind of solution that Capcom can put on the back of the box to sell more copies.  This also assumes I have a PS3.
    Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @Atomic_Tangerine: Yeah its weird that they havent clued in on how to sell the game better over here, but most american monster hunter fans go out of their way to play with friends already, so we dont really complain. Its sort of a small miracle they are still releasing the games over here really, they sell terribly each time. I hope Unite does better, but its the middle of a recession and the PSP market is terrible because 80% of PSP owners have hacked firmware and just download games.

Another alternative if you don't have a PS3 is to use xlink kai, its the same as adhoc party but using your PC and in english, its cooler to use I suppose, but its insanely hard to get setup, you need a compatible router and if you dont have one then your outta luck.

Also if you Do have a PS3, you should come play with me and some other people. :P
    Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I really like the idea of Monster Hunter but I find that the games aren't as fun and engaging as they could be

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Meowayne

The marketing for this series is incredible, Capcom must have put a lot of money into it. There's even ads for Freedom Unite on German primetime TV; and the series is completely, 100% unknown here.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Keeng

I broke my New Year's Resolution not to buy new games new (financial concerns of a broke college student) to get MHFU. I for one want the game to sell crazy-well here so we can get a PS3 sequel!

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By animateria
    @Keeng said:
    " I broke my New Year's Resolution not to buy new games new (financial concerns of a broke college student) to get MHFU. I for one want the game to sell crazy-well here so we can get a PS3 sequel! "

It was at budget price so don't feel bad.

Heck, I got a copy cause of its price, and its been the ONLY game I've been playing for a couple weeks.

Steep learning curve, but once you get the flow, man the game is incredible, nothing else like it.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Keeng
    @animateria: It was the first PSP game I ever bought so I didn't even know the price was cheaper than normal. It has definitely been the number one game for me since I bought it. There really isn't anything like it. 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Linkyshinks

I hope they don't use the same voice over guy in trailers or tutorials for Tri / 3 here in the West

@Meowayne said:

" The marketing for this series is incredible, Capcom must have put a lot of money into it. There's even ads for Freedom Unite on German primetime TV; and the series is completely, 100% unknown here. "

There are some long ads in the UK also, and this Gathering Hall in London which is pretty neat. They have nice bean bags and sofa's. They also have a demo of Tri upstairs (2 floors upstairs)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By Icemael

If they want to push Monster Hunter, I suggest they make the games better. I've played a demo, and while the concept if great, the execution sure as hell isn't.

Give me a full concole installment with good camera control, an open world without load times, and a deeper combat system. Then we'll talk.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.