Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

Help with the game?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I have some question about the game- 

With armor I see that there are different elemental defense such as Fire 3, Water - 3, etc. The thing is which is better? I mean it could mean 3 as in ''3 Damage Resistance'' or it could mean ''-3 as in -3 Damage done with this resisitance''. 

Also, where do I find Monster Bone? 

Thanks!

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

I believe that monster bones are found in piles of bones laying around, it has been a while since i played that game so i'm not sure at all.  

Water -3 and Fire 3 means that that armor is weak against water while it is strong against fire attacks. Mind though that those elemental traits only come in play when you are hit by an elemental attack like a fireball and not with physical hits. 

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Endogene said:
    " I believe that monster bones are found in piles of bones laying around, it has been a while since i played that game so i'm not sure at all.    Water -3 and Fire 3 means that that armor is weak against water while it is strong against fire attacks. Mind though that those elemental traits only come in play when you are hit by an elemental attack like a fireball and not with physical hits.  "
    So I am going for a close combat guy using Giant Swords. Should I focus on my Defense level with armor apposed to elemental attack?
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Endogene

In close quarter i'd say raw defence level since the monsters wont be shooting their projectiles that often and you are more prone to receive physical hits. 

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Endogene said:
    " In close quarter i'd say raw defence level since the monsters wont be shooting their projectiles that often and you are more prone to receive physical hits.  "
    Thanks, and I am looking for ''Monster Bone S'' any idea where I can find that particular bone?
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Endogene
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @Endogene said:
    " In close quarter i'd say raw defence level since the monsters wont be shooting their projectiles that often and you are more prone to receive physical hits.  "
    Thanks, and I am looking for ''Monster Bone S'' any idea where I can find that particular bone? "
    i believe that you might be able to "harvest" them from those harmless "cow" monsters in the very beginning of the game. 
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Endogene said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @Endogene said:
    Thanks, and I am looking for ''Monster Bone S'' any idea where I can find that particular bone? "
    i believe that you might be able to "harvest" them from those harmless "cow" monsters in the very beginning of the game.  "
    You mean the ones with the raw meat?
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Endogene
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Endogene
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NekuSakuraba

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.