Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

No Free Codes Needed... Just a Paid Subscription

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Monster Hunter always is pay to play in Japan but has been free in the West. There's nothing confirmed about MH3 so GameTrailers is just guessing to pad a preview which has nothing but some demo footage and general information we knew already, or can assume from how MHG works in Japan (which is the real first p2p on the Wii, so MH3 will obviously be the second, but that remains to be seen for our regions). Also, it's posted in this thread already, along with tons of other demo footage if you're interested. I think you meant Friend Codes.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Hmmm another interesting game coming out for the Wii. Looks neat.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Luke

@ Al3xand3r: Sorry about duping info.  Maybe a Mod can delete this thread and move the other one over to the Monster Hunter 3 Forums, so nubs like me can find it before posting?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Endogene
    Luke said:
    "@ Al3xand3r: Sorry about duping info.  Maybe a Mod can delete this thread and move the other one over to the Monster Hunter 3 Forums, so nubs like me can find it before posting?"
    Unfortunately the forum mods so not have to the tools to do that for the moment, Discussions about monster hunter 3 should happen in the monster hunter 3 forums not the wii platform page so you are not in fault in any way here Luke.

Anyway I sure as hell hope that there still is a system where you can just use friend codes to play some online monster hunter, why would they even do a paid subscription thing when you are only playing with 3 other people at once? The wii version of monster hunter 2G does have free online but i am not sure what the player limit is for that, 4 if i am not mistaking. Perthaps this paid subscription allows you to play with more then 3 others?

edit: Looks like 2G also has a paid subscription system... I don't even want to play this game anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.