Very weird Mortal Kombat Super Famicom/SNES cart.

#1 Posted by mark_random (2 posts) -

Any ideas what this is? I assume it's a bootleg. Says USA on the front, but it's definitely a Super Famicom cart. I bought it because the label is amazing, but haven't yet been able to test it out.

#2 Edited by TyCobb (1966 posts) -

It says "Nintendo Super Ninteendo Entertainment System" in the lower-right of the label. Also, "Programmeo".

Man, I want to see it in action. I am curious of they hacked the ROM at all.

#3 Posted by Tackchevy (264 posts) -

I looked around. There was an archived eBay listing for this same thing. Definitely bootleg, but still interesting.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

Oh man you need to make a video or something of this I want to see what kind of crazy lies on that cart.

#5 Edited by mark_random (2 posts) -

Hopefully, I'll get my hands on a PAL to Super Famicom converter this week. I'll post a video if I can get it to work.

#6 Posted by MocBucket62 (1207 posts) -

That is the most boot-leg looking Johnny Cage I've ever seen.

#7 Edited by BisonHero (6453 posts) -

The thread title made me think this might be a creepypasta. Which, come to think of it, is pretty hard to do without a game with some amount of text, like Pokemon or Zelda. MK creepypasta would be something, alright.

#8 Posted by SSully (4169 posts) -

Someone should tweet this to Ed Boon

#9 Posted by Damodar (1375 posts) -

Hopefully, I'll get my hands on a PAL to Super Famicom converter this week. I'll post a video if I can get it to work.

I'm not sure such a thing is really possible. Unfortunately, you might either have to just get a super famicom or something like a retrode with which you could dump the rom and emulate it. Weirdly enough, the Super Famicom is the cheaper option, I think. The retrode seems rather expensive (the site says 65 Euros) and I got a Super Famicom from Japan to Australia for less than around 30 of your pounds sterling including shipping, got some av cables for 5 bucks off ebay and I use a mega drive adapter to power it (probably the best solution for powering famicoms and super famicoms outside of Japan). That's a deep, dark hole to fall in to though :P

#10 Posted by YukoAsho (2029 posts) -

Wow, that is a really, really bad bootleg cart. Seriously, that's hilarious.

#11 Posted by ShaggE (6429 posts) -

That is amazing. The melty anime faces, Johnny's deformed claw arm, the hand-drawn logo, the typos... that is a treasure you hold, sir. Keep that beauty in a glass case.

#12 Edited by madman356647 (251 posts) -

I feel like Johnny's face should be my avatar here....

TO PHOTOCHOP!

Update: ANNNNNND Done.

#13 Posted by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

@madman356647: Curse you I was gonna do that!! The heads a little small though... You should put just the head in the shot and none of the rest of the body.

#14 Edited by agentboolen (1765 posts) -

Just found another strange bootleg on ebay. link

Those screen shots don't even look 16bit to me.

#15 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
#16 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11647 posts) -

That's because it's ostensibly a famicom game. Bootleg video games be crazy.

#17 Posted by Epidehl (286 posts) -

Between the Christmas attire for Sonic & Tails, the MK3 art for MK2, and the MK: Annihilation logo on MK3, part of me wants to own this.

#19 Edited by agentboolen (1765 posts) -

@epidehl said:

@agentboolen said:

Between the Christmas attire for Sonic & Tails, the MK3 art for MK2, and the MK: Annihilation logo on MK3, part of me wants to own this.

Well your in luck because it can be your's for the very cheap price of $18 lol..... rip off.

#20 Posted by Danteveli (1177 posts) -

@epidehl said:

@agentboolen said:

I got stacks of that type Chinese carts. Some pretty cool stuff on them - Tekken, Street Fighter V

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.