12 minutes of Mortal Kombat footage

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -

Courtesy of ED Boon and Gamespot, Sub-zero looks amazing. 

#2 Posted by buzz_clik (7014 posts) -

Is that tattered clothing and gaping wounds I see on them as the fight goes on? Okay, not a big thing, but I'm a sucker for detail.

And I guess that answers the question about whether or not the x-ray stuff was moves or fatalities.

#3 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4897 posts) -

Gamespot is not welcomed here.

Kidding, MK looks amazing.

#4 Posted by buzz_clik (7014 posts) -

I was sold before, but now I'm just solderer.

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -
@SJSchmidt93 said:
" Gamespot is not welcomed here.  Kidding, MK looks amazing. "
Ryan MacDonald is welcome here any time, that man is just as legendary as any of the Giantbomb guys.
#6 Posted by Bucketdeth (8045 posts) -

This is looking really promising.

#7 Posted by Jeffsekai (7049 posts) -

MK moves like shit, still excited

#8 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

this will be the greatest fighting game ever!!!!

#9 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

I actually closed my legs at that last fatality.

#10 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Man, in the last match, Johnny Cage's nut punch as an x-ray move. I chuckled.  

And then I laughed more when he got murdered by Kung Lao's Fatality. Almost like a payback. 

That was awesome. I'm definetely excited for this new MK.

#11 Posted by shatteringlast (235 posts) -

Oh my... this is definitely a day one purchase... hell I might even PRE-ORDER IT!

#12 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -
@Alaska_Gamer said:
"

Man, in the last match, Johnny Cage's nut punch as an x-ray move. I

"

I winced at that part. >.<
#13 Posted by Sudomiser (35 posts) -

I've been asking for real time damage for a looooooong time! 
Rad!! 
MK was always a frightening game for me back in the day, but it started becoming cartoony of late. 
Good to see it back in prime form!

#14 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Man, that was awesome.

#15 Posted by Screble (28 posts) -

The game looks awesome can't wait to start cranking out some crazy combos with Nightwolf!

#16 Posted by Playabender22 (25 posts) -

Scorpion is back my favorite MK character
#17 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

This MK is doing everything I wanted from a new MK game. It may seem strange, but I'm most impressed by how they talk in the fight openings. I always wanted the MK characters to have more personality in the actual game. 

Love how they're stressing custom combos, I love that stuff.

#18 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Oh man that last Fatality was beautiful!

#19 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

This is the first time in a while I've actually been excited for a Mortal Kombat game.

#20 Posted by I_love_Eva_Braun (481 posts) -

Awesome,I can't wait to get my hands on this 

Love the music at the start

#21 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Oh wow I am very impressed.
Crushing livers, fracturing skulls, sick fatalities? I AM SO IN!

#22 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -

The Character models look really impressive, the only thing I'm worried about is how much juggling you can do half the guys lifebar was taken off and he couldn't do anything about it. Maybe that's a Mortal Kombat thing since I haven't played since 2. Also the movement speed is looking good.

#23 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

looks so fucking awesome, im getting excited for this just like i did for SF4 2 years ago. 

-XRAY "supers" look amazing
-The battle damage on the character is awesome since it stays between rounds
-Did you notice that in tag matches in the pit2, they throw the first dude that gets beaten into the pit? awesome detail
-Scorpion fatality was awesome
-LOL at Kung Lao's fatality, him holding both halves like meat made it probably the best fatality ever

#24 Posted by Jeust (10823 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" This is looking really promising. "
It does. Really good!
#25 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

First day must buy for me. Wish it looked as photo realistic as the first three mortal kombat games, still it has a bit of art style at least.

#26 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Definantly gunna get this game when it comes out. It looks like they're pulling a SFIV by bringing it back to the series' roots but still keeping it modern and adding stuff. Sounds like it's got all the current stuff like big lobbies with many people watching and all that. Can't wait. There must be a demo for me though because I've never really played more then 10 mins of MK2 but hated the way it controlled. I need to have a demo to see if it is any better.

#27 Posted by MotherBrain (40 posts) -

Good to see Ryan MacDonald still doing his thing.

This is what MK fans have wanted for years. Boon is back, bitches.

#28 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

at last a true mortal kombat (?)

#29 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

This is just beyond awesome.

#30 Edited by rathantoras (192 posts) -

I haven't really played many MKs since the originals but i'm really looking forward to this one. Also, i'm liking the cosmetic damage.

#31 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Didn't think the X-Ray moves was a good idea, very weird seeing smashed rib cages and necks while the player is unaffected by the effects of such damage.

#32 Posted by DeathbyYeti (761 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:
" Didn't think the X-Ray moves was a good idea, very weird seeing smashed rib cages and necks while the player is unaffected by the effects of such damage. "
but being frozen/ hit by missiles/ spears/ blade hats not killing them instantly makes as much sense
that came off kind of rude but i am just trying to make a counter point
#33 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -
@DeathbyYeti: I know right. 

Maybe once you kill a character with a fatality they should be taken off the roster! 

(I know you were being sarcastic, I'm just going along with it. :p)
#34 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -
@DeathbyYeti said:

" @Bionicicide said:

" Didn't think the X-Ray moves was a good idea, very weird seeing smashed rib cages and necks while the player is unaffected by the effects of such damage. "

but being frozen/ hit by missiles/ spears/ blade hats not killing them instantly makes as much sense that came off kind of rude but i am just trying to make a counter point "
I guess it's just the slow-mo and zooming-in I don't like as it makes it look like a finisher mid-game.
#35 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (678 posts) -

Easily my E3 game of show.

#36 Posted by Great__defunct__Northern (127 posts) -

Thanks for the video - looks amazing.

#37 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

i ahte that gamespot player, it sucks. its glitchy man

#38 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

dude..... that fatality...holy shit. MUST BUY.  

this game, when more and more people see it, its going to sell like fucking crazy. 

#39 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" dude..... that fatality...holy shit. MUST BUY.   this game, when more and more people see it, its going to sell like fucking crazy.  "
should be a hit in college dorm rooms.
#40 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I never buy fighting games but holy shit this looks awesome. I want.

#41 Posted by zombie2011 (5037 posts) -

that first fight was so brutal.

#42 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Dead god, crazy looking.
They've been "going back to the roots of MK, making it for the fans, etc" for the last 4 games. Getting tired of hearing that line.

#43 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

This game is looking so fucking awesome thank you Ed Boon!  I had such a sadistic smile for that last fatality.   

#44 Posted by Katsumoto (17 posts) -

Sick final match fatality. I feel like the stage fatality could use some polish (looked like he just lagged a bit over to Reptile and uppercutted. It looked choppy), but I was impressed with the spikes (through the head!). 

I really wanted to see Johnny Cage's fatality, but oh well. 

Overall, a great start.

#45 Posted by HoldenLaFayette (41 posts) -
I wish moves would come out as quickly as they did in the 2D versions. This looks like it plays kind of slow.
#46 Posted by ozzdog12 (864 posts) -

That.
WAS
RIDIC!

#47 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

What the hell is that game in the background? Its got long color lines and I have no idea what it is.

#48 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -
@Landon: Power Gig: Rise of the Sixstring. It was really funny to see that game in the background during the rock band 3 demo. 

This game looks amazing but I'm not a huge fan of the MK fighting system. Hopefully theres a good training mode.
#49 Posted by jakob187 (21735 posts) -

*kneels to ground* 

Oh thank you, gracious Lord.  You do exist after all. 

This...man, I wanna cry.  It's so...fucking...glorious!!! 

ROUND 1!!!  FIGHT!!!

#50 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Damn. It finally happened.

I'm excited for Mortal Kombat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.