Favorite Character

#1 Posted by Kokoro (156 posts) -

Who is your favorite character? Mine is Kitana.

#2 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

I haven't got the game yet, stupid NZ release date. But ever since the movie (the first one). Ive always had a soft spot for Sub-Zero.

#3 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Smoke,Reptile,Jax and ermac.

#4 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

Jade. High and low projectiles, boost kick and that staff throw all make her pretty damn versatile.

#5 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

Story wise, probably Scorpion.

#6 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

There's like ten thousand favorite character threads/polls now...lol

but i have no problem saying Johnny Cage is my favorite again... :D

#7 Posted by Delorean (60 posts) -

I share in the Kitana love, she has some wicked looking combos, and her second fatality is pretty messed up :D

#8 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Stryker.

Also, how many of these threads do we have now?
#9 Posted by Aetheldod (3556 posts) -

Well right now Kabal .... finally cheesed out the 300th challenge floor , yippy kay yay mofos!!!!!!! :D

#10 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Kano. After that, Smoke, Jade, Stryker and Ermac.

#11 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

I've always been a fan of Sub-zero and his story stuff has always been really cool.  His arcade mode ending is just ridiculously awesome as well.

#12 Posted by TekZero (2672 posts) -

These days, my top three are Ermac, Kabal, and Kung Lao.  I'm warming up to Noob at the moment tho 

#13 Posted by Brad_360i (62 posts) -

Johnny Cage for pure hilarity and Sub-Zero/Cyber Sub-Zero

#14 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5820 posts) -

Smoke, as he was the only character I was ever able to beat MK3 on the SNES with.

#15 Posted by slayergnome (122 posts) -

So the first time I played this character in the story mode I kinda hated him but the more I play him the more I love him. Stryker is my fav character.

I mean I don't know about this magic fire ball crap I have never seen a fire ball I know what a gun is I have seen a gun before.

#16 Posted by Mechabolic (122 posts) -

My favorite tag team duo.
#17 Posted by ptys (1939 posts) -
@Kokoro:  You should really do a poll dude, so we can see the results. Think this is like the fourth time someone's done this!
#18 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Probably Stryker.

#19 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Kano is number 1 for me. Would love to be good with Quan Chi.

#20 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Cyber Sub-Zero. 

Regular Sub-Zero has problems that I really dislike. Especially that clone move that doesn't work when you are near them. Not to mention the slow ass ground freeze that lasts only for a short time.

Not particularly fond of the freeze counter that CSZ has but I prefer it over the regular one. And I absolutely love his jumping dive kick and teleport. Makes it easy to traverse across the stage, giving mobility to a character that would otherwise feel slow.
#21 Edited by Murray (91 posts) -

Johnny Cage! The lovable douche! Any man that has a infinite supply of sunglasses is awesome by my book.

#22 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Mine is Kitana, i always liked her fans in MK2, the sheer amount of blood that spews out when you hit someone with em

#23 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

I just spent about an hour practicing some Ermac kombos since he is quickly shaping up to be my favorite. His moves are super easy to link together (even for a noob such as myself) and he is just super fun to play. Linking his X-ray into a kombo for 8 hits and 40% damage is extremely satisfying. I can't wait to see what I can do with him once I get better at the game. I just wish his uppercut recovery was a little bit quicker.

#24 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

I've been using a lot of Stryker, trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I am pretty terrible at Mortal Kombat, I always have been. I figured maybe, just maybe, this time I could do it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.