Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Kind of strange to pay $4.99 to play as a pedophile rapist.

• 84 results
    Frederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Frederik

No it is not strange

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Okay, there seems to be some disagreement in here over whether the reboot Fredddy is a paedophile rapist or not, but for the sake of argument let's say he is. The only reason it's that shocking that Freddie is a paedophile or rapist are due to certain social hysterias and a lack of desensitisation to rape and paedophilia. If you play video games then you've probably paid good money in the past to play as a mass murderer and if you're playing Mortal Kombat you've certainly paid good money to play as a violent, sadistic killer who likes to torture their victims. I don't think many people actually bought Freddie because he was a rapist, they just did it because he was a cool character, but should it really be that much worse playing or cheering on a guy who once molested or raped kids, as opposed to playing or cheering on a guy who is actually torturing people to death?

Toxin45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By Toxin45

yeah it's okay besides he has two claws in Mortal Kombat and his killings in the movies are now in Mortal Kombat 

Freddy
    Freddy
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Twisted_Scot

I hate creepy undead kiddie-vouchers with razor gloves but i also hate 34 year old high school students. It's a touch choice I feel.

EDIT: Come to think about it, if these kids are 34 in High school when he went after them in Kindergarten they were probably still of legal age. This still does not make it right. Thinking about this too hard, have to stop.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By ryanwho

lol this thread

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RE_Player1

It's a fighting game character, who fucking cares? Darth Vader murdered tons of innocent children but you don't complain about playing him in games like Soul Calibur 4.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By ventilaator
    @Brendan said:

A free pedophile rapist murder boogeyman? You'd be losing money by not taking that deal!

Can anyone explain to me why exactly this was hilarious? I can't really think about it because I'm still laughing.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Bestostero

He's not raping my Mortal Kombat! lol

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By scarace360

im ok with that.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By TechHits
    @MistaSparkle said:
    I never saw a movie where Freddy Krueger rapes a pedophile.
    Lol, how has no one else picked up on this.
    Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Meowshi
    @Sr_Pumpkins said:
    Yea according to Boon it's not based off of a "specific" Freddy, but come on... It looks exactly like the dumb remake Freddy. 
    I consider myself a pretty big Nightmare on Elm Street fan, and I HATED the remake.. with a passion. I was somewhat willing to go into the movie with an open mind regarding Jackie Earl Hayley's interpretation of the character. Even though I would give anything to see Robert Englund take up the hat and sweater again.. But it was terrible, not only was the humor completely removed from the character but they did totally insert this whole pedophile back-story. There was no reason for this. He also looks like a joke!  They say they were going for a more realistic look with his burns, but he looks like an alien! He talks real slow and with a stupid lisp. I can't rage enough about this guys.. sorry. But anyway, when I had first heard they were going to add Freddy to MK I was more excited about it than anyone, I assure you. They couldn't have disappointed me more.  All this aside.. To clarify.. Classic Freddy Krueger.. Robert Englund's Freddy Krueger.. the REAL Freddy Krueger doesn't fiddle the kids. He just kills the shit outa them.   
    The reason for making him a rapist was to have him be scary again.  Commonplace murderers just aren't as scary after several decades worth of horror films.  Him "killing the shit outa" people isn't scary.  It's exactly what every damn movie monster does.  You may not have like the change, but the fact that it disturbed you just proves its effectiveness.  
    Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Meowshi
    @SomeDeliCook said:

@Sr_Pumpkins said:

Yea according to Boon it's not based off of a "specific" Freddy, but come on... It looks exactly like the dumb remake Freddy.
    I consider myself a pretty big Nightmare on Elm Street fan, and I HATED the remake.. with a passion. I was somewhat ok with Jackie Earl Hayley, even though I would give anything to see Robert Englund take up the hat and sweater again.. But it was terrible, not only was the humor completely removed from the character but they did totally insert this whole pedophile back-story. There was no reason for this. He also looks like a joke! They say they were going for a more realistic look with his burns, but he looks like an alien! He talks real slow and with a stupid lisp. I can't rage enough about this guys.. sorry. But anyway, when I had first heard they were going to add Freddy to MK I was more excited about it than anyone, I assure you. They couldn't have disappointed me more. All this aside.. To clarify.. Classic Freddy Krueger.. Robert Englund's Freddy Krueger.. the REAL Freddy Krueger doesn't fiddle the kids. He just kills the shit outa them.

I haven't seen the new one. Is it for sure 100% that hes a child molester in it? I thought I read a review once that said he was blamed and accused of being a molester, was killed wrongfully, and came back for revenge. Then again I might have read it wrong.

The review was wrong. 

In the movie, he is accused of being a molester and burned alive by the parents of the victims.  When the children grow up and enter high school, they find out about their past, and hatch a theory that their parents killed an innocent man.  Unfortunately, when they find Freddy's old headquarters they find nude pictures of the lead character, confirming that Freddy did in fact commit the crimes.  This was actually the only thing in the movie that was well done.
    sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By sjupp

@TheMustacheHero said:

@Dany said:

@TheMustacheHero said:

@1momosauky said:

kane and lynch 2 sir, kane and lynch 2

There was no pedophiles in that game...was there?

Uhm, isn't it implied that Kane is a rapist if young girls. Havn't played the games just hearsay

Not at all. Kane's goal is to get through one last job with Lynch so he can fly back home and see his daughter.

Exactly.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By DeeGee

Kind of strange to pay [insert money amount here] to play as a [insert crime committed here] pretty much sums up almost every video game ever that isn't made by Nintendo.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#65  Edited By wwfundertaker

Dude is not a rapist, He wouldnt be popular if he was.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By kagato

The original Freddy was a child killer not a child rapist, the new one that the unfortunately opted to use from the reboot is. I really wish they had gone with the original version, and before anyone gets worried, i dont think its acceptable to be a child killer either, i just think its less horrific than how they have decided to potray him.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By kagato

@Sr_Pumpkins - totally agree man, im a huge fan of the classic horror movies, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, all legendery but the reboots they have created make me sick. Making Freddy a child molster does not make him more scary, it just makes him less desirable to watch, after seeing the reboot ill not be returning to see any more, as bad as the latest Jason movie was, at least they kept him in character. Stop screwing with our past New Line! You have just ruined Freddy for a whole generation of movie fans.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Sanious

I just wanted to touch on the point of people 'rooting' for him. It's because as the series grew they decided to start making him more 'funny' instead of trying to keep him scary. Was never a huge fan of the series anyway.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Klei

@ImpendingFoil said:

I always thought it was weird that people would cheer for Freddy in some of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies since the character is a child raping pedophile. I am really liking his character mechanics in MK but I still find it kind of strange that I just ponied up $4.99 to play as a rapist.

Dude, Freddy is an horror film character. And a funny one at that. Ever watched his movies? It's impossible not to laugh. Thing is, the character never raped or anything. I've seen all the movies and no such things ever happens. It's not like if you were playing a real rappist as a DLC.  

Do you bitch that Kratos is in the game even though he murdered his own wife and daughter?

There's a huge-ass difference, dude.
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#70  Edited By sammo21

Yeah...when you put it like that the appeal of playing as Freddie is greatly diminished :|

Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
    deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brendan said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

I didn't pay $4.99 for a pedophile rapist murderer boogeyman. I got him for free with the Mortal Kombat Season Pass!

A free pedophile rapist murder boogeyman? You'd be losing money by not taking that deal!

I lol'ed :D

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#72  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

You are missing the point.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Devil240Z

@TooWalrus said:

...you realize Freddie's not real, right? He's a dude with a burned face, striped sweater, and razor claws that happens to rape children, I'm OK with it.

I have been awake for 6 months. I'm going to bed now.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By EuanDewar

@Sjupp said:

@TheMustacheHero said:

@Dany said:

@TheMustacheHero said:

@1momosauky said:

kane and lynch 2 sir, kane and lynch 2

There was no pedophiles in that game...was there?

Uhm, isn't it implied that Kane is a rapist if young girls. Havn't played the games just hearsay

Not at all. Kane's goal is to get through one last job with Lynch so he can fly back home and see his daughter.

Exactly.

Lynch is a rapist.

Sorry, but they straight up say in the first game that he raped and killed someone.

Fuck how do I even remember that.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By Yanngc33

Well if you had bought the pass , you wouldn't be paying to plaing as a rapist.

Look at it this way (IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED HEAVY RAIN STOP READING, I CAN'T SPOILER TAG THIS I'M ON MY PHONE COMPLAIN TO DAVE) you payed 60$ to play as a child murderer in Heavy Rain

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ImpendingFoil

This topic kind of went in all sorts of crazy directions, which is really quite funny.

The reason why I originally posted this was because when I was buying the character I could not think of another video game character who had a backstory of being a child murderer/rapist/molester depending on which version of the source material you look at. I really don't have a problem with buying or playing Freddy in MK.

It just was that as Freddy was downloading I could not think of another character that has a huge fanbase that has such a horrific background, that was what I thought was strange. A friend of mine has a tattoo of Freddy, which I think is just absolutely stupid looking, and I just like to joke with him that he has a child molester tattooed on him.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77  Edited By xMP44x
    @EuanDewar said:

Lynch is a rapist.

Sorry, but they straight up say in the first game that he raped and killed someone.

It did? I can't even remember that bit. Any idea where? I know I don't recall any reference to him as a rapist. I know his backstory is something about having killed his wife, but that's the height of it.
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...wait, the new Freddy movie came out already?  man, im totally out of it

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xMP44x said:

@EuanDewar said:

Lynch is a rapist.

It did? I can't even remember that bit. Any idea where? I know I don't recall any reference to him as a rapist. I know his backstory is something about having killed his wife, but that's the height of it.

In the Quick Look they did here Jeff makes mention of this fact as well.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#80  Edited By Elazul
    @TechHits said:
    @MistaSparkle said:
    I never saw a movie where Freddy Krueger rapes a pedophile.
    Lol, how has no one else picked up on this.
    For what it's worth, I totally came here to say this. I just didn't see it in time.
    Sr_Pumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Sr_Pumpkins
    @Meowshi said:
    @Sr_Pumpkins said:
    I consider myself a pretty big Nightmare on Elm Street fan, and I HATED the remake.. with a passion. I was somewhat willing to go into the movie with an open mind regarding Jackie Earl Hayley's interpretation of the character. Even though I would give anything to see Robert Englund take up the hat and sweater again.. But it was terrible, not only was the humor completely removed from the character but they did totally insert this whole pedophile back-story. There was no reason for this. He also looks like a joke!  They say they were going for a more realistic look with his burns, but he looks like an alien! He talks real slow and with a stupid lisp. I can't rage enough about this guys.. sorry. But anyway, when I had first heard they were going to add Freddy to MK I was more excited about it than anyone, I assure you. They couldn't have disappointed me more.  All this aside.. To clarify.. Classic Freddy Krueger.. Robert Englund's Freddy Krueger.. the REAL Freddy Krueger doesn't fiddle the kids. He just kills the shit outa them.   
    The reason for making him a rapist was to have him be scary again.  Commonplace murderers just aren't as scary after several decades worth of horror films.  Him "killing the shit outa" people isn't scary.  It's exactly what every damn movie monster does.  You may not have like the change, but the fact that it disturbed you just proves its effectiveness.    
    Scary to who? Parents maybe? Thinking about someone molesting a kid isn't scary to me, it's just disgusting.  This also isn't a commonplace murder. This is a dude who seeks his victims through their dreams, and has limitless power in this dream world. The common struggle in the Nightmare movies is staying awake, being terrified of falling asleep. One of the most brilliant things about these movies is the film mechanic of going from one scene to another, not knowing if it is real or a dream.  
    Anyway.. As the series went on it became a lot more about the character Freddy Krueger. The story got ridiculous (in only the way an 80s slasher franchise with a billion sequels can) but it was still so fun to watch Freddy's creative kills. I love the slasher genre, and it's sad that it's not really around anymore.  
    I understand they wanted to take a different approach with the remake. It was just the complete opposite of what I would have hoped for. It was also pretty widely received as a bad movie, and being such a Nightmare fan it has made me super bitter. Oh well :/ 

For anyone who doesn't know the history of Freddy this is a pretty good scene from the beginning of Freddy vs Jason, which is the last time Robert Englund took up the role as Freddy in a feature film. (awesome performance, as expected).  
    Freddy himself recaps the events of the previous films:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff0Y3U2mkyE
    Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Meowshi

Well, maybe it didn't scare you, but it did disturb you; which is what a horror movie villain should do!

Loose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Loose

Man it's weird to see where some people draw the line between acceptable and morally reprehensible. "Oh I'm totally cool with a game that allows you to murder people in bizarre and gruesome ways, but a classic horror villain who happens to be a pedophile? I don't think so!"

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Toxin066

Who wouldn't pay $4.99 to be a pedophile and rapist?

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#86  Edited By chilipeppersman

@tearsinrain: dude this game is weird, but i think thats the point...damn my hands hurt :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.