Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

MK Kostumes

batVomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By batVomit

With all the pre-order Kostumes and bonuses, I'm looking to see if the old school ninja kostumes are in the game and unlockable? 

Gamestop = Scorpion
    Amazon = Reptile
    Walmart = Mileena
    BestBuy = Sub-Zero

If not, I'm wondering if this thread should be a trading post for anyone who wants to swap pre-order bonus kodes ?  I know i ordered from GameStop  out of konvenience and could really care less about Scorpions costume and fatality...

bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By bslayer

I know a lot of stuff is unlocked in the krypt, but I doubt we'll see those exclusives in there. Maybe future DLC though.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By handlas

I should be getting a Scorpion code today.  I'd gladly trade that for a Sub-Zero or Reptile.  But I don't trust anyone enough to give them my code and wait for them to give me theirs.  It'd have to be the other way around....sorry brahs.  I've given out a few codes for other games for nothing in return.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By recroulette

The Klassic costumes are not in the Krypt, that has been confirmed by people who have it.
    Me and a few people created a new PSN account so we could all use our codes on that one, therefore giving us all of them.
    If you do that, you really don't have to trade.

There are 7, the four you mentioned above. Ermac from a TE or KE edition. Kitana from Toys R us, and Jade from the Mortal Kombat bluray.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas
    @RecSpec said:

" The Klassic costumes are not in the Krypt, that has been confirmed by people who have it.
    Me and a few people created a new PSN account so we could all use our codes on that one, therefore giving us all of them.
    If you do that, you really don't have to trade.
    "

smart idea.  I'm all for that sorta shit....hate this pre-order bonus crap.  I want all the costumes.  You can log 4 different users into the same account tho?  Thought they did some stuff before that made it not work anymore after people were sharing PSN games on accounts and what-not.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By YoungFrey
    @handlas said:
    "I should be getting a Scorpion code today.  I'd gladly trade that for a Sub-Zero or Reptile.  But I don't trust anyone enough to give them my code and wait for them to give me theirs.  It'd have to be the other way around....sorry brahs.  I've given out a few codes for other games for nothing in return. "

The online services (Live, PSN, Valve) should offer some sort of code trading.  Both parties submit a code, and once both are in kills them and sends new codes to each player (so they can do what they want and the original owner can't enter both). 
    recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By recroulette

5 people can log on to one PSN, so our 5 people had

1. Scorpion and Ermac
    2. Reptile
    3. Sub Zero and Jade
    4. Mileena
    5. Kitana
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

I've got the code for Reptile and Sub-Zero (I pre-ordered for my roommate too). I kinda want a scorpion kode... But not enough to trade. What are these kodes going for on eBay?

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By frankxiv

i should be getting scorpion and don't really want it, that seems to be the one everyone else is getting as well though.

i guess reptile would have been cool because i hate him as a lizardman, but i probably won't play as reptile either.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @TooWalrus said:
    " I've got the code for Reptile and Sub-Zero (I pre-ordered for my roommate too). I kinda want a scorpion kode... But not enough to trade. What are these kodes going for on eBay? "
    You sure you don't want to trade? Would make my day if I could get a Sub Zero code. (I just hope my EB games doesn't screw me out of my pre-order bonus like usual)
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toowalrus
    @yoshimitz707
    @TooWalrus said:
    " I've got the code for Reptile and Sub-Zero (I pre-ordered for my roommate too). I kinda want a scorpion kode... But not enough to trade. What are these kodes going for on eBay? "
    You sure you don't want to trade? Would make my day if I could get a Sub Zero code. (I just hope my EB games doesn't screw me out of my pre-order bonus like usual)
    I'm sure, Sub-Zero is my 'main' or whatever, he's who I played in MK vs DC, so I think I'm gonna stick with him. Sorry man, I order almost everything from Best Buy, so I got lucky they had Sub-Zero.
    batVomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By batVomit

I'd personally like a Reptile Kode as well, but don't want to get ripped.  I saw them on eBay the other day for cheap, but i don't know if i'd trust those either.  If someone has a Reptile and wants a scorpion, i'll pinky swear on it.....

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By toowalrus

I didn't even realize there was a Mileena kode, what does she look like?

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoungFrey
    @TooWalrus said:
    "I didn't even realize there was a Mileena kode, what does she look like? "

All the pre-order costumes are on the Overview page. 
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Bestostero

You can also get Jade's retro costume from buying the MK movies.
    Sub Zero - Best Buy
    Scorpion - Gamestop
    Reptile - Amazon
    Ermac - Tournament Edition (???)
    Mileena - Walmart
    Kitana - ToysRus
    Jade - Blu Ray Movies
    and yes, you can see the looks in the overview page, its basically the pallet swap looks lol

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WinterSnowblind

We got the better deal for these costumes in the UK.

Amazon have Sub-zero, Kitana and Reptile.  GAME have Scorpion, Jade and Mileena.

Definitely not unlockable in the game, but Boon already confirmed they would be DLC eventually (and that he wouldn't charge for anything on the disc, which logically would include these.. but we'll see).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.