Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Mortal Kombat Evo 2011 videos

Shwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Shwan

I missed the mortal kombat part of evo where can i view it now?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The first day's Mortal Kombat action can be viewed here (though you'll have to scrub through the time devoted to other games, since they didn't interrupt the stream just to switch games.)

Not sure today's Top 8 tournament is archived yet for us late birds. I'll post it when I can.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found today's Grand Finals on Youtube of all places.

Part 1 of 2: Here.

Part 2 of 2: Here.

Shwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shwan

thanks a ton!

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bestostero

Top 8 was amazing, Reo's Mileena was pretty nasty, him changing to Cyrax at the end was a mistake.

I really liked it, it was amazing to see that each of the top 8 had a different main (Johnny Cage, Mileena, Reptile, Kung Lao, Kitana, etc)

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilDingo

Aw man... 
    Those matches were intense! 

I found myself holding my breath some of them :-) Can't believe how close most of them were.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By jacksukeru

I managed to stay awake for the MK finals but missed the SF4 ones, watching that on youtube now.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I like that Perfect Legend and REO were the top two, I hate that it had to be a Kung Lao that won... I was really rooting for Mileena, and for REO to go Cyrax, that hurt inside for him to do that.
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I thought watching high level MK would be boring as molasses but then became pleasantly surprised watching the finals. Good shit to whoever used Kitana and put her fatality to be the first one performed on the main stage! Congrats to Perfect Legend for taking it though. He really looked happy and I couldn't help but feel happy for him as he seems to be a grounded, humble player with lots of skill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LunarAura said:

I thought watching high level MK would be boring as molasses but then became pleasantly surprised watching the finals. Good shit to whoever used Kitana and put her fatality to be the first one performed on the main stage! Congrats to Perfect Legend for taking it though. He really looked happy and I couldn't help but feel happy for him as he seems to be a grounded, humble player with lots of skill.

Tournament level MK9 is incredibly fun to watch when it's like this and isn't being dominated by frame traps or exploits. Perfect Legend's been a real warrior, sticking with Kung Lao from the beginning, even after a really difficult loss in tournament last month.

Like @xhavoc86 said, it's nice to see so much variation in the top tier of characters. It seems like, for the most part, individual player skill is more important than the strengths and weaknesses of the characters they choose.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Bestostero
    @LunarAura: YES! I was really surprised (well not really) that so many of the players didn't know/do fatalities...well disappointed lol

Kudos to the Kitana fatalities, I think that really hyped the crowd at the start.  I think Mileena, Kung Lao, and Reptile were the only others.
    Avatar image for deactivated-58e114a345bdd
    deactivated-58e114a345bdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Kung Lao wins a tournament. Perfect Legend's a great player though, but I was rooting for Reo.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Thank you, I missed the last bit of it live. 
    Perfect legend deserved that.
    vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vmehnert

*Disclaimer: I have never played in an MK tournament before.

That being said, I believe it is generally considered tacky/in poor form to perform a fatality in tournament play, as it slows down games between rounds and/or is disrespectful.  I think that is the rationale at least, may be they actually just dont know the inputs. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.