Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By DjCmeP

Just noticed there's a new version of MK9 coming soon. I never got around to buy MK9 and I was wondering are the dlc characters worth getting?

Should I buy the new version that comes with all the dlc characters or should I just buy the original game which is also a bit cheaper?

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/28426122/Mortal-Kombat-Komplete-Edition/Product.html?searchstring=mortal+kombat&searchtype=PS3&searchsource=2&searchfilters=s%7bmortal+kombat%7d%2bc%7b362%7d%2bc%7b10065%7d%2b&urlrefer=search

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By TechHits

I think it depends on how much cheaper. If it's more than 20$ cheaper I would go with the original.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hatking

Dude! Komplete Edition comes with the Mortal Kombat movie! GET IT.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By shaunk

I personally was not a fan of all of the DLC characters. I like Rain from trilogy though. The thing is having the Komplete Kollection will mean you will not have to deal with any of the desynching problems from now having all of the patches that a regular owner would have to go out of their way to get. There are at least 4 of those I think and they are pretty substantial downloads. I would say get it just so online will be so much easier for you.

On the single player side, I had most of my fun with that game playing through arcade with every character to see all of their endings. So 4 additional characters (despite how you feel about how they each play competitively) is definitely a bonus I was happy with. Anything to increase the single player capacity of that game because it was the best part.

Alo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Alo81

It really depends how much more expensive it is.

If you can get the original for 15 or more dollars less, get the original.

The only issue is online play, and it's just spending about 30 minutes to download the four patches.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Only really liked Rain and Kenshi as far as the DLC stuff goes, but if it's affordable then by all means have at it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.