Mortal Kombat we want Playable bosses and other DLCs

#1 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

Netherrealm studios I respect you for making an awesome Mortal Kombat game but how could not make all the bosses playable and Not add other playable characters like jason,Onaga,Moloch,or Cyber Smoke? Here is my wish list

Alternate Drahmin
Tanya
Headshot of Sareena
#2 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1791 posts) -
@Toxin45 said:

but how could not make all the bosses playable      

The answer to your question is Seth.
#3 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Goro's playable in one of the challenges in the Challenge Tower at least, and he's really not all that fun to play with. 

Also, I think it's safe to say they'll be making a sequel. All of those characters came after MK3, so I suspect the next game will cover MK4-MK:Deception, and then we'd see those characters. Also, it's worth noting that if they're going to include every character from that era (like they did in this new Mortal Kombat), they'll have about 22-24 characters already without even including a single character from the original 3 games. So if they go that route, which I think they will, many fan favorites will be left out and they'll finally be able to make all those new characters possibly not suck.

#4 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5147 posts) -

When you say "we" did you mean "I"?

#5 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

I doubt people at Netherrealm read these forums.

#6 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I don't want any of your suggestions, actually.

#7 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -

Thank god you don't work at Nertherrealms

#8 Posted by august (3854 posts) -

I want a pony!

#9 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@SoldierG654342 said:
@Toxin45 said:

but how could not make all the bosses playable      

The answer to your question is Seth.
Whats wrong with seth?
#10 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Maybe I've just been watching too much Star Trek, but scrolling by I thought that last picture was supposed to be Data.

#11 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1791 posts) -
@scarace360: Nothing is wrong with him, he was just designed to be a playable character on top of being a boss. Something Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn most certainly weren't. 
#12 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Ed Boon had Motaro killed in the single player story simply so they wouldn't be able to make him playable.

#13 Posted by HistoryInRust (6338 posts) -

@Galiant said:

This.

Keep playable bosses as fucking far away from this game as possible. NetherRealm is doing everything they can just to balance it correctly now. I can't imagine how fucking backwards this game would be if you could use any of the endgame characters.

Me, I hope this is a one-and-done scenario with Freddy Krueger. We had MK vs. DC. We're tired of hodge-podging Mortal Kombat characters with other dudes and dudettes. Keep it pure.

#14 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4643 posts) -

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I just want more boo-...err, I mean I just want more female fighters...yeah.

#15 Posted by TechHits (1384 posts) -
@Disengage said:

I doubt people at Netherrealm read these forums.

Yah it's kind of weird to address Netherrealm like they would some how stumble onto this topic.   
#16 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -
@Galiant: @ComradeKhan: Shut up
#17 Edited by 71Ranchero (2782 posts) -
@Toxin45 said:

You will last long here. 

Also I am a crazy liar.
#18 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -
@Toxin45 said:
Mortal Kombat Trilogy allowed you to play as bosses and it broke the game. It was totally unbalanced competitively. 
#19 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Galiant said:

#20 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

what about if they made a mode where you can play as bosses fighting other bosses ?  

just a sugestion 

#21 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -
@Toxin45 said:
I'm just going to be in the corner over here. Snickering.
#22 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

It would be neat if you could dick around with bosses in practice mode, but they obviously don't want to mess up the balances they have for actual fights. And of course more [optional] DLC characters would be appreciated, but MK10 is inevitable and it will need new characters and existing characters not included in MK9.

#23 Posted by Herreno (333 posts) -

This is an awful, awful idea. 

Who the hell wants Drahmin?

#24 Posted by ADarkMatter (138 posts) -

Where is Grashasp?

#25 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

@Galiant said:

This.

#26 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -
@Toxin45
Your response to my opinion is telling me to "shut up"?

I can't tell if you're joking or if you're actually upset. Do you understand the purpose of a forum?
#27 Posted by TechHits (1384 posts) -
@Toxin45 said:
really? You are joking right?
#28 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -
@Atramentous: what do you want
#29 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -
@TechHits: sorry
#30 Posted by MKF30 (85 posts) -

I want Fujin, Michael Myers, Riddick and Nick Scryer :)

#31 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

I want a 1v1 mode where I can pick who the computer plays as.

#32 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Some of those would be cool but playable bosses are a no for me.

For fighting games they are meant to be cheap and have a arsenal of attacks and combos that would be near impossible match to buttons.

#33 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

No. 

Adding Freddy Krueger was a bad enough joke as it is.

#34 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Adding Freddy wasn't ideal for me, but I would welcome other Mortal Kombat dlc characters. Not so sure I want bosses though.

#35 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -

I want Jedah from Darkstalkers

Darkstalkers 3 Artwork
#36 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@rbysjti said:

Darkstalkers 3 Artwork
I really hope you're kidding. As a lifelong MK fan, that would destroy my allegiance to MK entirely.
#37 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Yeah, I think they need to have content for the sequel, if they make everything DLC for this game, what's the point of a sequel to them? All these extras characters will probably be in the next installment, also, stop whining. 

#38 Posted by TwoLines (2819 posts) -

That would suck. A boss character has to be unbalanced to be a boss. If not, he's just a character, like any other, and I don't think you mean that.

So no, I don't think any of this is a good idea.

#39 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
@rbysjti said:

Darkstalkers 3 Artwork
I really hope you're kidding. As a lifelong MK fan, that would destroy my allegiance to MK entirely.
NO i''m not. Jedah is a cool characters why not make him the boss instead
#40 Posted by President_Barackbar (3467 posts) -

Why in the flying fuck would you want a return of the "large" characters? I hated them in MK:A because they had to make those characters unaffected by throws and the like, and it completely destroyed the game balance. Also, Moloch and Drahmin are probably two of the most uninteresting characters in the entire franchise.

#41 Posted by imsh_pl (3298 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:

When you say "we" did you mean "I"?

@Afroman269 said:

@Galiant said:

#42 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@rbysjti said:
@TheGreatGuero said:
@rbysjti said:

Darkstalkers 3 Artwork
Look at that guy. If you think he would fit in Mortal Kombat, you're nuts. Maybe Marvel vs Capcom, but definitely not MK.
#43 Posted by Skald (4369 posts) -

This thread is just awful.

#44 Posted by Xeiphyer (5606 posts) -

Because all those boss characters are a blast to fight against, I definitely want more of them so everyone can use them in online!

#45 Posted by TechHits (1384 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
@rbysjti said:
@TheGreatGuero said:
@rbysjti said:

Darkstalkers 3 Artwork
Look at that guy. If you think he would fit in Mortal Kombat, you're nuts. Maybe Marvel vs Capcom, but definitely not MK.
I know right? He's not even a ninja!
#46 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -
@President_Barackbar: no that would Hso Hao
#47 Posted by Toxin45 (117 posts) -

Alright everyone stop making fun of me This idea is okay so it's still my opinions the people form youtube and other sites some might agree with this.So go to your emo corners

#48 Posted by Cheesebob (1243 posts) -

Because youtube commenters are the sanest people on the internet.

Goro sucked to play in MK9 so why would you want bosses actually playable?

#49 Posted by hermberger (121 posts) -

I guess thats you're opinion and all that.

I suggest you get better opinions, though. Like the opinion that MK is a great game that doesn't need any of that stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.