Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

PSN Kombat Codes? Don't Need'em!

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By sammo21

Sony has officially announced that until the PSN store is back online they are taking away the need to use kombat codes for Mortal Kombat.  When the store comes back up the 48 hour trials will restart.  Great news for anyone who never had a chance to enter theirs!

PlayStation
    Due to the recent PSN outage, Mortal Kombat for PS3 will now be playable online without need for the Kombat Pass. This is a temporary solution that will only be available while PlayStation Store is unavailable. Once PlayStation Store is back up, users will have access to the 48 hour free trial and will be able to purchase a Kombat Pass for $9.99.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tunaburn

dont need em for a few days....

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By yetiantics

This wouldve been handy yesterday! I had a shot to take down Brad with my Kitana!

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sammo21
    @tunaburn:  As it says when you read that...which if you have the game it doesn't matter...so yeah.  Way to contribute. 
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By tunaburn
    @sammo21:  my point is who does this benefit? can i play online now if i dont own the game? and if i do own the game then i own the combat pass. maybe the very few people that bought it used... but didnt get the combat pass already...
    Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#6  Edited By Buttenator
    @tunaburn: The pass has to be redeemed on the PS Store, so unless someone's pass was redeemed before PSN went down, they can't play online. This allows them to play without the pass until the store is back up, at which point they can redeem their pass.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Bestostero

lol, sure they do it now when i found out there was a way to cheat the trial into reactivating

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sammo21
    @tunaburn: If you redeemed your pass online before the outage it doesn't matter yeah...but if you bought the game used, have bought the game since the outage, or even didn't have time to enter it this is extremely helpful as a trial only lasts 48 hours.  I still don't think you fully read the post but whatever.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By musubi
    @PantyshotMQN: Every time they've played MK on either system I've tried non stop to get ONE game in.  Its damn impossible unless they invite you.   People just spam invites so quickly.
    TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By TechHits
    @tunaburn said:
    @sammo21:  my point is who does this benefit? can i play online now if i dont own the game? and if i do own the game then i own the combat pass. maybe the very few people that bought it used... but didnt get the combat pass already...
    admit it, you didn't read anything but the title before posting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.