Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MotorStorm: Apocalypse

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 03, 2011

Cars, motorcycles, monster trucks and more all race together through improvised tracks in an abandoned city destroyed by an earthquake, in the fourth instalment in the MotorStorm series.

Has anybody got this yet?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

MotorStorm: Aplocalypse was released in the UK a couple of days ago, I saw a copy and was going to pick it up, but I only have enough money for a few games this month so I'll mabey pick it up, so anybody have it yet?
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xMP44x

I haven't played it but the one guy I've seen mention it in my Twitter feed said it was good.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By XenoNick

I saw it in HMV but didn't feel like picking it up. Everything I have seen looks awesome but I don't really play my PS3 enough. I still have KZ3 and Yakuza 3 (and now 4) to finish. May get it during the summer though.

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NXH

Next game on my list. Getting it at the end of this week.

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By callumbay

I was surprised to see that it was out when I went into HMV yesterday. I really want to get it but will probably wait 'til after I'm finished at uni for the summer.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By MistaSparkle

Hope to pick it up soon. Origional Motorstorm is the best racing game ever.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I used my UK PSN account ('cause I live in the US) to download the demo. It was pretty fun. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i'll pass

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By abdo

Between the 'meh' demo and being fed up with the rubber-banding AI in Pacific Rift, I was going to pass. But after watching the quick look I changed my mind; the racing seemed more fun than I remember, and I didn't even know there was a story mode, regardless of how bad some people perceived it. It's too bad my hands are already full with other games, but I'll remember to pick this up at some point in the future.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By JJGIANT

It looks like one of those games that just wouldn't hold my interest much like Split Second, once you've seen it you've seen it. 

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By animateria

Taking a break on racing games. Still need to finish NFS:HP and play some GT5 I got last year.

They are too mentally draining after a day of work.
    Silock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Silock

Love this game, had it for so long, its been out in the UK for ages. Shocked you guys have only just got it ! 

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hizang

It's one of those games that I look at and I think "Man that is one fun game!" But when I come to play it I'm like "Aw this game..." Its happend to me before on the first Motorstorm that I bought when I gotm PS3, got rid of, bought it again, got rid of, bought it again and finnaly got rid of. I almost bought it again after seeing the reccent quicklook, but my friend slapped some sense into me!
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Kjellm87

Like most racing games it lacks red shells.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hizang

@Kjellm87:
    How much better would it be though am I right!?

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kjellm87
    @Hizang: He he
    If someone made a realistic racing game but with crazy items, I would buy it in a instant.
    Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#17  Edited By Valkyr

Dude, can you stop making a bazillion threads?, like 80% of the threads that show up at the front page are yours and they are all pretty bad, you ask a question a don't make a point yourself about it, come on

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hizang
    @Kjellm87:
    Are you aware of a game called Blur? I should probbaly get that too while I'm at it
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kjellm87
    @Hizang: Now we're talking.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By handlas

well, I picked it up even tho I didn't really think the demo was great   (probably the worst track in the game that I've played thus far), but I liked the last 2 Motorstorms.  Worst part is the cutscenes...obviously.  You can skip them as soon as they pop up tho.  It's Motorstorm, basically, but times 10 on the craziness.  

The Quicklook showed a good number of tracks...I've played a couple more that were even more crazy.  One track starts with you dropping from a helicopter onto a building that is already crumbling down...that was pretty awesome.  You race on rooftops and through offices while buildings fall all around you.

Game probably won't do good at all I'm sure.  I went to Gamestop, first weekend it's released and they had zero copies.  Guy told me they didn't get enough preorders so they just didn't bother to get any copies of it.....wow.  So I went across the street to Best Buy and got it.....thanks Gamestop!  Had a hand full of games to trade in and was ready to pre-order LA Noire; their loss.   Dunno why i bother going there.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By EVO

I'm playing through Split/Second now, having finished Apocalypse just recently, and I can say without a doubt it's the better game. Don't get me wrong, there are some genuinely breathtaking moments in Apocalypse, but the racing just doesn't feel right. And the soundtrack blows.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By handlas
    @EVO said:

" I'm playing through Split/Second now, having finished Apocalypse just recently, and I can say without a doubt it's the better game. Don't get me wrong, there are some genuinely breathtaking moments in Apocalypse, but the racing just doesn't feel right. And the soundtrack blows. "

eh..i'd say the complete opposite.  Apocalypse is so crazy you can't help but sit there in awe sometimes.  Love the part where you are escaping on the bridge and its wobbling back and forth about to fall.  Split/Second did very little to interest me tho.

I can barely even hear the soundtrack on default sound settings because there so much shit going on with buildings falling and the ground cracking and stuff.  I may put in some custom music tho....I liked Motorstorm 1's soundtrack.  That was one of Jeff's complaints during the quicklook eh?  He complained about things not being destructible too.  Of course he finds the one set of lightpoles in the entire game that can't be knocked down (the line of lights on the Tornado level).  Everything else you can plow right thru depending on your vehicle.

I'm sad the game is DOA.  Delayed, no PSN, and some stores not bothering to carry it.  Between Mortal Kombat and Portal 2....this is the funnest game of the year for me.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RE_Player1

I was going to get it but with the whole PSN situation I'll wait for a sale. Looking forward to it though.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By scarace360

Fuck that game the witcher, brink and la noir are coming out dont have the time!

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Portis

Got an import copy of this over a month ago, now.

I enjoyed the single player races just fine (though I found it pretty short), but God damn was I enjoying the online multi player up until PSN went down. I'm itching to get back to it -- I was up to 50 hours played in the multiplayer alone (!) when the downtime started. SO GOOD.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DrPockets000

It's crazy epic, I love it.

darkos87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darkos87

I have the game I think it is quite good. Unfortunately have no more internet at home :(

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#28  Edited By MightyDuck

I just got around to playing the PSN demo and I really enjoyed it.  I may have to pick the game up down the road.

I also own Pacific Rift and enjoyed that too, but at times it just felt too difficult with the steering and handling.  Apocalypse has a different feel to it when it comes to the steering.  I can't quite put my finger on it just yet.  When taking some of the turns in the demo you can sort of over steer in order to get your vehicle going in the right direction.  I don't remember being able to really do that in Pacific Rift without the vehicle flipping over.

xCharlieSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xCharlieSheen

@Hizang: This game is awesome!!!! Great arcade racing, jaw-dropping visuals. Alex only gave it 3 stars, he is dead wrong. I never felt frustrated, usually when I crash, I hardly ever lose any positions. You car resets quickly, and with a very liberal turbo boost mechanic, your never out of any race. I personally like this better than the rewind function in other racers. That just feels cheap and takes me out of the race. This is the 3rd best game I've played all year behind Dead Space 2 and LA. Noire.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By GunslingerPanda

The awful soundtrack kills this game for me. I can't play it any more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.