Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MVP Baseball 2005

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 22, 2005

MVP Baseball 2005 is a baseball game from EA Sports. This game was EA Sports' last licensed MLB game. The announcers are Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow.

If you could live your life in third-person perspective, would you?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Poll If you could live your life in third-person perspective, would you? (12 votes)

Yes 17%
    No 75%

Fallout 3 got me thinking how convenient it might be to exist in third-person perspective in real life. I've found myself occasionally switching to third person to get a better view on things.

So, for the purpose of this thread though, let's say that when you are born you have the option to pick between living in first-person perspective or third-person perspective. Once you pick, that's it. Also, If you choose third-person, what kind would you want - Over the shoulder? zoomed out? top-down?

• 
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By BeachThunder

Sigh, this should be attached to the third-person perspective page, I have no idea how this ended up being attached to MVP Baseball 2005 O_O

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zeik

Then I'd have to look at myself all the time. I'm not that narcissistic.

The problem with first person view in games as opposed to third person is that it's not a true first person. You have no peripheral vision, you're basically just looking at the world through a window.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Thinking about this topic scares the shit out of me.
    Thinking about this topic scares the shit out of me.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Will Smith already tested this:

Loading Video...

You would not be able to see what is directly in front of you in third person.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Then I'd have to look at myself all the time. I'm not that narcissistic.

The problem with first person view in games as opposed to third person is that it's not a true first person. You have no peripheral vision, you're basically just looking at the world through a window.

And you can't feel your character's body.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By rachelepithet

Dude the batting game in MVP is a perfect example of third person living. If you're good at baseball games you might be just as able in real life from that perspective.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael

@zeik said:

Even more problematic is that video games are only audio-visual simulations (well, all modern controllers do have a rumble function, but that's not really relevant here). In real life spatial awareness depends to a great extent on your body's receptors for balance, touch and kinesthesia, and there's none of that in games. Third-person games compensate for much of this by giving you a better view of your character's body and surroundings than you have of your own in real life, but first-person games don't.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I would, but only if If I had the option go back and forth between first and third person at will.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Loading Video...

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By ilikepopcans

imagine kissing in third person.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

It would be the best thing for weight loss. Always seeing your fat ass jiggle as you move and all the stuff that us fat people only ever see in the odd photo or video would be pretty motivational. I also wonder how it might change someones outlook on the world to see it from such a different perspective if they always saw that way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.