Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA 2K10

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

NBA 2K10 is the 11th installment in the series and is to be released on October 6, 2009.

Man...this game failed HARD

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

this was the first patch released for this game: 
    GENERAL
    - When using the Living Roster, users can now play standard Quick Games with players who are injured in real life. 

- The Dunk Off trophy should now be unlocking when the requirements have been achieved.

- The Upcoming Matchups and Rebounding Leaders overlays should no longer obstruct the camera during NBA Today/My Player play.

- The camera will no longer cut away to the nosebleed cam mid-free throw during NBA Today/My Player play.

- The ‘On-Ball Defense’ column should now properly perform ascending/descending sorts

GAMEPLAY
    - Further tuned the assist logic such that the CPU should be more diligent in handing out assists to players.

- Pass accuracy has been toned down for passes out of a double team, passes out of contact shots, and non-inbound full court passes.

- Addressed a rare occurrence where the referee would hold on to the ball and not pass it to the shooter during free throw shooting situations.

- CPU players are now much more selective when choosing to pass the ball while attacking the basket.

- Offensive rebounds are now much tougher to grab following missed free throws.

- When played locked, the CPU will no longer throw a full court pass following a missed shot due to the user rapidly pressing the ‘Y’ button for the rebound.

- Corrected an issue that was causing online NBA Today games to disconnect when a user with his/her console set to North America was playing an opponent who had their console set to Europe/Asia.

- Fixed a Team-Up divergence that occurred when users would rapidly press the ‘Start’ button during the loading screen.

- Addressed a crash in leagues that would occur when the league was using an out of date roster.

- Addressed a divergence in leagues that would occur when the league was using a custom roster and/or had a league size larger than 12 users.

- Fixed a rare occurrence where some users would experience a crash during the ‘Connecting to Host’ dialog.

- Improved connection times when attempting to connect to an opponent.

- Fixed a rare hang on the ‘Closing Match’ dialog that appears at the conclusion of a Team-Up game.

MY PLAYER
    - Users who are currently in the Playoffs time period of their seasons will no longer be disconnected from Pick-Up games after the first made basket of the game.

- Addressed an issue where users would occasionally hang (often after winning the Finals MVP) when advancing past the end of the season.

- Found and addressed an instance where cloned players were still being created when users chose to change teams following the Summer Circuit.

- The NBA 2K Insider will no longer incorrectly tell the user he has an important decision to make when a decision doesn’t need to be made.

- Fixed an issue that was causing incorrect game results to be posted to the Standings when the user chose to participate in a drill immediately after a played game.

- Decreased steal success when playing My Player Pick-Up games.

- Addressed an issue that would cause the Finals celebration to occur after the third win of a series when the user finished that game on the bench.

ASSOCIATION
    - Users are now able to sign free agents during the season once the player re-signing deadline has passed.

- ‘Recent Games’ scores will no longer be erased when exiting from practice.

- The commentators will no longer refer to players as having scored 0 points when that is not appropriate.

- CPU teams will now trade amongst themselves during 30-team Associations when the user has automated the Player Trading task for all of the teams.

- Fixed an issue that was causing the game to report incorrect ages for 2K Share Draft Class prospects. The prospects will no longer retire after their first season in the league.

- Addressed a rare issue where players would have some of their attributes jump to 99 when they had low morale and/or were on a team with poor team chemistry.

- Addressed a case where players would not show up on the roster once they were signed by a team.

- In Season mode, users are now able to sign players from the free agent list.

- In Season mode, users are now able to trade players without needing to follow salary cap guidelines

a
    nd now there is another one. people playing in leagues got to the playoffs and the game freezes everytime they try to start a game. how the HELL can a game get released that fucking shitty?!  i mean, the sales are known, the game WILL sell. so for the devs to just release it so shitty knowing eh it will sell anyways...is just fucked up. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Makes me happy that I'm still playing College Hoops 2K8. I never liked sports games with official players anyway. I like creating my own stories.

SalazarCruz19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SalazarCruz19

Does that mean NBA live 10 was better?

sexy_nipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sexy_nipples
    @SalazarCruz19 said:
    " Does that mean NBA 10 was better? "
    it was 

NBA11 is probably going to destroy 2K. EA sports games have been phenomenal. FIFA came back and destroyed PES (I was a PES fanboy). NHL EA destroyed NHL 2K. And now it is FIFA's turn.  
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @SalazarCruz19:@sexy_nipples:  
    First of all, you guys mean NBA Live '10. NBA 10 (Sony's product) is utter crap. Also, no even with it's issues NBA 2K10 is still a better game than NBA Live 10. There was really only one huge issue with the game at launch and that was the framerate would fall to unacceptable levels in certain arenas, but that was fixed fairly quickly.
    SalazarCruz19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SalazarCruz19
    @JJWeatherman: Oh right... i forgot the "Live" in there.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @JJWeatherman said:

" @SalazarCruz19:@sexy_nipples:  First of all, you guys mean NBA Live '10. NBA 10 (Sony's product) is utter crap. Also, no even with it's issues NBA 2K10 is still a better game than NBA Live 10. There was really only one huge issue with the game at launch and that was the framerate would fall to unacceptable levels in certain arenas, but that was fixed fairly quickly. "

lol 2k10 fanboy?! 
    explain that massive list of patches if that was the only problem dude 

it took over 3 months for this game to have the leagues be even playable. but i guess thats fairly quickly huh?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

" @SalazarCruz19:@sexy_nipples:  First of all, you guys mean NBA Live '10. NBA 10 (Sony's product) is utter crap. Also, no even with it's issues NBA 2K10 is still a better game than NBA Live 10. There was really only one huge issue with the game at launch and that was the framerate would fall to unacceptable levels in certain arenas, but that was fixed fairly quickly. "

lol 2k10 fanboy?! explain that massive list of patches if that was the only problem dude  it took over 3 months for this game to have the leagues be even playable. but i guess thats fairly quickly huh? "
    A lot of the issues addressed in your above list really aren't that severe.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Hailinel said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

lol 2k10 fanboy?! explain that massive list of patches if that was the only problem dude  it took over 3 months for this game to have the leagues be even playable. but i guess thats fairly quickly huh? "
    A lot of the issues addressed in your above list really aren't that severe. "
    first off imagine these types of things happening to....an RPG game. random info deleting itself would be MADDENING! but a lot of them are severe and most of the issues that pissed people the most arent even in that patch. like the playoffs simply NOT working in online leagues lol. so many people would be into a competive league. like 2-3 months goes by, play-offs start annnnnnnnnd it freezes. wow. i would cry. 
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

I don't know many people that own this on the 360 like I do so I couldn't tell you anything about the league situation, as I don't play in them. And I stand by what I said about the framerate issue being the only major issue with the game. I have played the hell out of the game since launch and it is the only issue that made me want to return the game, until it was fixed. The other problems are absolutely very disappointing but the core gameplay of 2K10 is still much superior to Live's.

Trust me I'm not into brand loyalty when it comes to sports games. I played Live a lot more than 2K until 2K5. 2K5 was the first 2K game to not only surpass Live gameplay-wise but it also sold for a cool $20. That was fuckin awesome of 2K to do that. Their NFL 2K5 was also 20 bones but sadly was the last game in that excellent series. Anyways, yes Live is making fairly vast improvements each year to get back even with the level of 2K's basketball game but they aren't quite there yet.

That list just contains a shit load of minor annoyances which at least are being addressed by 2K guys. It's shitty they were there in the first place but I guess what I'm saying is I can live with them to play what I consider a more realistic and much better feeling core game.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @JJWeatherman: just check out this gaf thread: 
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379298    "
    First of all, fuck NeoGaf.

I stand by my previous post. I also would like to say I played more 2K9 than 2K10 (so far) and I didn't ever have a major issue with it. That thread seems to think it was also as buggy, but whatever.

So yeah, I already said what I wanted to say.
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

2K10 is a much more accessible and all around more fun then Live. My stepdad gave up on Live years ago after being a long time fan. The only sports game I play is FIFA but EA is not the king in all sports games.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By immike

I've always played the EA sports games when I was younger, and have never really been a fan of 2k sports. This is a real bummer though.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By m1k3

i quit after how much fail there was in the "my player" mode. First i couldn't import my Draft Combine character on day one cuz their servers were shit. then i get into My Player, and end up being on the wrong team when i get to choose which team to go to. And after wasting hours through laggy and glitched gameplay i quit. The draw for me was the "my player" mode, and they seriously need to fix it in 2k11... makes me sad that they put a Laker on a bad version of the game.

Dont get me wrong, im still sticking to the NBA 2k series. its just no longer a day one buy for me. Plus EA Sports is catching up.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I'm wicked drunk right now, ang i really wanna paly a sports game. I dont have any :(

Resizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Resizzle

I have both, and though nba live 10 is what i play more, hopefully nba 2k11 can bring me back they just fucked up in 10, oh and there dribbling sucks

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@JJWeatherman: I tend to agree with you. As a hardcore basketball fan, 2K10 definitely scratches the itch a bit more than Live 10. Live 10 is a big step up from the last few EA basketball titles, but I'd rather have the gameplay mechanics of the 2K basketball games over the mechanics of the Live basketball games. It just feels better. 

Also, I don't really do leagues either, so this whole business is a non-issue for me, though I could see how it'd be upsetting for some. And the Draft Combine stuff as well.
    BryanDeth316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By BryanDeth316

So here's my biggest gripe and it is probably something that can be fixed and I am just inept; 

When you download sliders...how do you get them to take effect?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.