Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA 2K16

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 25, 2015

The seventeenth installment in 2K's basketball franchise features a career mode written and directed by Spike Lee.

Unlock Time for Early Tip-off?

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EsDeib

I pre-ordered the game digitally on Xbox One, and I'm supposed to be entitled to an "early tip-off" which means I get to play it as early as tomorrow, but as far as I've found, there's no real way to know the time on which my downloaded game actually unlocks. I'm assuming it'll be midnight PDT, but whenever I've bought any other pre-order, companies are usually very clear about the time console users actually get to start playing, and it's even been Eastern time on some releases (I think Batman on the PS4 was like this), and especially considering this is supposed to be a "special" timed access, well... I just want to know if it would be a good idea to stay up and see if maybe I can play a couple games.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DeathByWaffle

I'm in the same position - I downloaded it on Steam and I'm not sure when it unlocks either. Did some researching but wasn't able to find much in the way of exact times for digital downloads.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

It says on Steam it comes out the 25th. No time listed. So we will have to see. It's downloading for me right now.

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EsDeib

Thanks, guys. I guess it's just wait and see. Nice to know I'm not just a dummy who somehow missed that bit of info. They really should be a bit better at communicating this sort of stuff.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DeathByWaffle
    oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It unlocks at 12:00 ET on PS4.

But I waited until 9:00 tonight to buy it, so it probably won't finish downloading until sometime Saturday afternoon. Playstation Network speeds are the best.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Good news. Finishing the download now. I know what I'm doing after work!

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, seems I'm screwed anyway. My download file was corrupt, and now it won't finish downloading at all. Yay for early tip-off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.