Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: The Run

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Need for Speed: The Run has drivers racing coast to coast across the USA, speeding through a variety of environments along the way.

NFS : The Run and Frostbite 2 - Rate Graphics and Performance

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Seppli

Apparently running on PS3. Unprecedented best in class dynamic lighting for sure. Outstanding. I am relieved and hoping Frostbite 2 will perform just as adorably in BF3 for consoles.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Grumbel
    @Seppli said:

Apparently running on PS3. Unprecedented best in class dynamic lighting for sure. Outstanding. I am relieved and hoping Frostbite 2 will perform just as adorably in BF3 for consoles. 

Doesn't look bad, but I found it rather unimpressive. Driving through the night doesn't seem like the best place to present Frostbite2. Also the Quicktime stuff in The Run looked really terrible.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seppli
    @Grumbel

While I agree about the quicktime events being kinda odd and somewhat out of place, nighttime is the best place to show-off lighting.

@ Mods

Sry - forgot to attach it to the right forums. Such a hassle to get a poll going for the game-specific forums.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

i thought it looked good. the game seemed great until they showed running. i was like what is this?! his running.... this is a racing game not a running game. it seemed weird of them to do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The running shouldn't have been quick times. You should've held RT to run and press B to drift around corners.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Azteck

The driving looked really good, really captured the speed in it. I'm not as stoked about the out-of-car sequences though. Not a fan of QT events at all.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli
    @Azteck

Guess The Run's QTs are what Razor Callahan was to Most Wanted.

I don't get the appeal either. QTs usually suck balls. Nobody really likes them much.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I dunno, it looks...weird. 
    The graphics aren't that great compared to what the engine CAN do (BF3) but they don't look "budget title" 
    The whole getting out of the car and running and getting shot at is so strange and kind of ridiculous. This is need for speed, not grand theft auto with quick time events.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

For a chase game.....  all the arrows pointing you in the direction you need to go kinda takes you out of the illusion.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seppli
    @Marz said:
    For a chase game.....  all the arrows pointing you in the direction you need to go kinda takes you out of the illusion.
    I guess it's more a 'Cruisin' USA' with campy QT-events kinda affair, not an open world chase game a la Driver San Francisco.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By valrog

Hmm. The car handling seemed a little off, wasn't really loving the camera closing in when you turn either, also I got a feeling that the car was just sliding on the road, seemed like one of those carts that you have in lunaparks that you crash into each other with, also, the running sequence would be great if it wasn't all a Quick Time Event...

@Marz said:

That too.
    Fluffytoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Fluffytoast

The game looks good, although not outstanding if you ask me. The QTE sequences seem as if they're going to slow the pace down badly, and don't seem relevant for a driving/racing game.

But for me, above all else, I don't see what the game is doing 'differently'. Sure, the driving looks competent enough, and I'm sure it plays fine, but isn't it just the same (non Shift) NFS game EA's been selling for years and years now? I really don't see what the selling point is, but ehh, I guess that's just me, xD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.