Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

Nintendo's "New 3DS" adds some additional control functionality and horsepower, allowing for some games that can only run on the new hardware, not on Nintendo's original 3DS.

Cover Plates Show & Tell

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

If you opted for the standard New 3DS, which cover plate(s) did you get? Has anyone imported the awesome glow in the dark 'Boo' plate from Japan?

I went for the wooden Mario mural and here it is in real world glory:

No Caption Provided

Feels like a very thin sheet of wood, it's a nice texture but I am slightly worried about how it'll hold up in time.

Edit - heh apologies the photo being so close up makes it look a little beat up, you can see the wooden texture quite well there at least.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Karkarov

I am sort of envious of the regular new 3ds owner, I just can't roll with anything other than the XL but the XL never gets the cool attachments like switchable backplates.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

I am sort of envious of the regular new 3ds owner, I just can't roll with anything other than the XL but the XL never gets the cool attachments like switchable backplates.

I thought I might dislike the screen size of the regular (I went from XL > regular) but the increased size doesn't make me miss my XL. The screens being smaller definitely help with the perception of aliasing on 3DS games.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've always favoured simplicity and minimalist designs so I intend to stick with the packaged faceplate for my white n3DS. That said, it's nice that people can personalise their 3DS however they see fit.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna: The white Mario cover plate is a good choice if you want to keep it minimal while adding a bit of flavour.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mwng

I got a black one, and I'm tempted to import a set of Pikachu plates.

I'd also kill for a set of number 55:

No Caption Provided

But I can't find them for sale anywhere... (Other than £50 preorders on amazon.jp).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.