Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

Nintendo's "New 3DS" adds some additional control functionality and horsepower, allowing for some games that can only run on the new hardware, not on Nintendo's original 3DS.

Do you think proper GBA Emulation might come to the New 3DS?

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I was thinking of ways Nintendo might differentiate this system without having to make too many exclusive games for it (since, as we all know, Nintendo lovers under-supporting their upgrades and add-ons) and GBA Emulation seems to make a lot of sense.

What would your reaction be if Nintendo announced this at E3? How likely do you think this would be?

I would hope the prices would be similar to the current Virtual Console selection of Gameboy games, but would accept a dollar or two more. I know they've released Golden Sun and a collection of others on Wii U, but I'd love to have them on a portable platform...as they were designed for that.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

It could happen--and would be nice--but I think I'm still not onboard with VC games until they finally create a working account system that ties my purchases across platforms. I don't want to have to rebuy games again in the future just because I'm on a new platform.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

I'm expecting that it will happen in Nintendo's next handheld.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I mean gba games worked on the regular 3ds so why not

A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you expect them to have another dedicated handheld, and not a fusion of the Wii U & 3DS design philosophies?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@beachthunder said:

Do you expect them to have another dedicated handheld, and not a fusion of the Wii U & 3DS design philosophies?

I hope they have another dedicated handheld. Maybe you're right though D:

A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean gba games worked on the regular 3ds so why not

They had the ambassador games, but wasn't the emulation a little wonky? I'm not sure how it compares with the GBA Emulation available on the Wii U at the moment, but I remember Alex detailing how weird the emulation was on the original 3DS.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd rather they start releasing SNES games on 3DS that have already come out on both the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wish they would do this, there is no reason that it wouldn't work. The GBA is the only handheld generation I skipped but I can't play the games for some reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.