Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

Nintendo's "New 3DS" adds some additional control functionality and horsepower, allowing for some games that can only run on the new hardware, not on Nintendo's original 3DS.

When will a NEW new 3DS color or bundle will come out?

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

Back when the OG DS came out I bought it right away and it was a damn good system. Then came the DS Lite and it was an awesome improvement but I held out on buying one and then came the DSi and thats when I upgraded. Sadly I missed out on the DSi XL but I wasn't going to buy that just for the size even though I really wanted one.

Now the new 3DS is here but in some lame black and red colors and I want one to upgrade from my OG 3DS. I will wait it out for a cool bundle but the question is: How long will the wait be? Maybe with the next Fire Emblem game or some other game that escapes me for now. A Mario & Luigi bundle I bet would be kickass. The Smash Bros bundle almost got me but thats a regular 3DS XL. I didn't want the Majora or Monster Hunter bundles because I really don't care for those games although the designs were kinda cool.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Idk they better announce it soon cuse I am about to import a Blue on.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By mike

No one is going to be able to answer this because Nintendo keeps upcoming bundles and hardware revisions a closely guarded secret until just before they are ready for sale, the same as all hardware manufacturers do. They don't want people holding off on buying current stock because they're waiting for the new color or bundle that's coming.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

@pufferfiz:Wait are the new ones region free now? And yeah a blue one would be sick.

@mb: Sure I don't expect anyone to answer with some hot scoops but I like some speculation for sure.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@eder:

No they are not BUT I really am only getting it for monsterhunter and the online for that is region free so I don't really care about anything else.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd think they would need to have more N3DS only software to do a bundle, but what do I know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.