Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madoshi

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 09, 2010

A role playing game from Level-5 and Studio Ghibli for the Nintendo DS.

Studio Ghibli and Factor 5 team up to bring "The Another World"

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ
    Ni no Kuni: The Another World
    More information has come from Factor 5 concerning their collaboration project with Studio Ghibli, courtesy of IGN
    Here are some of the highlights:
    • The story follows a young boy named Oliver, whose mother has just died. A fairy tells Oliver that he may be able to bring his mother back if he ventures to Ni no Kuni
    • The people in the other world, Ni no Kuni, are variations of people found in the real world. For example, the lazy king of the other world is a cat in the real world
    • Detroit makes a cameo as "Hotroit: The Motor City"
    • There will be quite a lot of Ghibli animation in the game. The studio has already been working on it for almost a year!
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Level 5 ;)

Awesome collaboration. I hope Ghibli does this more often, for that to happen this needs to be great game, as a fan I certainly hope it will be.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Seriously, that's gotta be one of the worst titles I've seen yet for a game.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Endogene said:
    Best to post new info about games in their game page not in the DS page: http://www.giantbomb.com/ni-no-kuni-the-another-world/61-23904/

Agent J, one part of the DS Dynamic Duo, is doing his bit for a good cause :), He and Oldschool are trying get the DS thread into the main list along with the other platforms, just as I did with the Wii thread. Now that the Wii thread is up there I've started posting in specific forums, I expect they will also once the DS thread is up.. I have informed them both that threads will be removed into game specific forums eventually.

Expect more defiance by the duo, because they will not cease till their good work is done :D

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    Endogene said:
    Best to post new info about games in their game page not in the DS page: http://www.giantbomb.com/ni-no-kuni-the-another-world/61-23904/
    Linkyshinks said:
    Endogene said: Best to post new info about games in their game page not in the DS page: http://www.giantbomb.com/ni-no-kuni-the-another-world/61-23904/ Agent ... [more]
    Linkyshinks mostly right. However, I normally try to make sure that my posts in the DS forum are DS specific, rather than game specific. In Oldschools absence, i'm just doing what Oldschool did, which was report on DS news
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Endogene
    @Linkyshinks: Yet by doing so they waste energy since what is important (the information about the game) will be lost in a couple of weeks when it gets buried in the DS page. Also by doing this someone looking for new information will not find it were it should be in the game forum and might even create a thread about the exact same thing. Not very productive is it?

Giant bomb needs a way so that users can see all the recent topics created for games of a certain platform, this feature does not yet exist but it probably will in the future. The DS platform forum is not an alternative for the lack of this.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I had heard about this a long time ago and never heard any thing again im glad its still on its way since studio ghibli films are my fav and pretty much the only anime ill watch any more.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Endogene said:
    @Linkyshinks: Yet by doing so they waste energy since what is important (the information about the game) will be lost ... [more]

I  agree, it's not going to bring about good prolonged discussion as well, I am well aware of that, still, for the time being :) 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By oldschool
    Endogene said:
    @Linkyshinks: Yet by doing so they waste energy since what is important (the information about the game) will be lost ... [more]
    I agree that there is a serious flaw in the way this works out.

If you are not aware of the game, you wouldn't go looking for it because, well you didn't know about it.  By having in a generic DS forum, then people looking for news on the DS will look in the DS forum and find out about it.  It is a classic catch-22.

There is a very simple solution to the problem and would require a simple change:

All game threads have 2 links -  the game and the platform.  It is then dual located.  The no matter whether you look in the DS forum, or the game specific forum, you will find the news.  It would apply to all platforms.

If I did not see this thread, then it is very likely that I would miss this news.  Even if I saw the name, it would have meant nothing to me as I am unaware what platform it is on and therefore, I am not certain to open the thread to find out.  Therefore, I see it as an alternative until this flaw is corrected.  
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By oldschool

Oh, and for the game - I adore the work from Studio Ghibli, so I look forward to the outcome.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

New screens added to images.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ryanwho

I will be infinitely undiscovering the another world in this final fantasy.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentJ
    @Nonsense88 said:
    " "The Another World" That name pisses me off. It should be either "the other world" or "another world". Sorry for bitching about grammar, but a grammar error in the title is just wrong. "
    It probably makes sense in Japanese

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.