Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

A role-playing game developed by Level-5 and animated sequences produced by Studio Ghibli Inc.

Im surprised this game dosen't have some kind of new game +

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sanity

I think im going to get this, but while its not a deal breaker, it seems like a NG+ mode would fit well in this game. I hear theres still lots of content after you beat the final boss though so that may be why, but i feel like with the insane amount of summons to get it would be interesting to start again with all your leveled up guys at a higher difficulty. I may be wrong on this though as i'v yet to play the game, could be me just wishing every game had a NG+ mode.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Petiew

Usually the games that do this have multiple endings and paths or numerous missable scenes though.
    Apart from increased difficulty would there be a point to it?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By colourful_hippie

I would think that the game is long enough that there's no real incentive to do it all again.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

nah

cotain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By cotain

I have read that a lot of the Errands open up only after completing the game and starting again. Anyone know this for sure? Do you keep familiars/stats/ect.?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Sterling

It sounds like after the game ends you just keep playing, like a Tales game. So you can go and do the side missions and hunts post game. So there would be no reason to start again.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sanity

@oulzac said:

It sounds like after the game ends you just keep playing, like a Tales game. So you can go and do the side missions and hunts post game. So there would be no reason to start again.

Yea, i suppose thats true, it was just a random thought really, still waiting to play the game for myself as its taking awhile to install.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By project343

I really can't see this working. Better option would be to have the ability to keep playing after the credits roll (hopefully this is the case).

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sanity

@project343 said:

I really can't see this working. Better option would be to have the ability to keep playing after the credits roll (hopefully this is the case).

You can from what i hear, these supposedly quite a bit of post ending content from what i gather. I just have a bit of a craving for a NG+ style game but i suppose this ain't it. Still as others have said its a long ass game, so im looking forward to it if my PS3 would ever finishing installing it.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Do any traditional JRPGs have NG+? Not being rhetorical, just curious and maybe someone here knows.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@GERALTITUDE said:

Do any traditional JRPGs have NG+? Not being rhetorical, just curious and maybe someone here knows.

Only one in recent memory for me was Lost Odyssey but that was just enemies are tougher and nothing special.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Marz
    Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#13  Edited By Wemibelle

@GERALTITUDE said:

Chrono Trigger has a great NG+ mode.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Marz said:

@GERALTITUDE said:
    there's quite a few, don't know how accurate the list is though. http://www.giantbomb.com/new-game-plus/92-150/games/

Man MAG has a new game plus!? I didnt even know it had a singleplayer campaign

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By GERALTITUDE

That is a longer list than I expected. Also makes me realize the definition of NG+ is pretty loose... I'll need more time to pull the JRPGs out of there, but, yeah, there's definitely a few.

I didn't know that! It's been a lifetime since I beat that game... How does it work? I remember in Chrono Cross the NG+ mode included that egg that let you slow down/speed up time and finish the game whenever you wanted (leading to all sorts of weird, great endings). Super cool NG+, maybe my favourite.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.