This game is depressing me

#1 Edited by Hunkulese (2629 posts) -

I'm only about 15 hours in but I've been convinced almost from the start that the whole game is all Oliver's imagination trying to cope with the death of his mom. I'm dreading the end of the game if this turns out to be the case.

The light-hearted nature of everything, the fantastical representations of people he knows. the fact that he's the only one able to do anything about anything (I know, videogames) all feel super Wizard of Oz to me. Not to mention that no one in the "real" world can see his companions.

I probably wont be checking back on the thread since I don't want to spoil it either way but I just wanted to get this out there.

#2 Posted by gokaired (472 posts) -

I still need to play this game :(

#3 Posted by jimmyfenix (3816 posts) -

oh boy all im saying is keep on playing the game!! one of my favorites of this year!

#4 Edited by SuperSolidSnake2019 (74 posts) -

Should I buy this if I am not big into Anime?

#5 Posted by phantomzxro (1558 posts) -

oh boy all im saying is keep on playing the game!! one of my favorites of this year!

I will second this statement!

#6 Edited by mwng (921 posts) -

You wait 'till you get to the end game crafting quests. They'll upset you too.

#7 Edited by probablytuna (3525 posts) -

I think if it actually turns out like that it would be pretty neat (and a little depressing sure). Granted I've only played around 7 hours of it so I don't know. Don't spoil!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.