I apologize for my poor English.
So I have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to write on my wishlist, so I'm looking at some of the games I've missed so far. Ni No Kuni seems interesting, but I'm still a little sceptical of a couple of things.
1. I have never really played a JRPG in my life, I have tried some of the older FF games, but they didn't really hook me at the time I played them.
2. I do like Studio Ghibli's movies. They often capture me in a way animated movies rarely does as I get older. They are more than just childrens movies. They tell fascinating stories that anybody craving for a little magic or adventure should be able to enjoy no matter their age.
3. Length of the game. I know this is a long game, as JRPGs tend to be, and I rarely have the time or patience to finish longer games. The longest game I have ever beaten was Mass Effect 2 and I did every sidemission etc., including dlc, and that was just over 50 + hours. So how long is this game?
4. Does it ever get repitive? I heard from a lot of people that they love the beginning, maybe like first half of the game or something like that, but then it starts to get really grindy. Is that true? That is one of the things that can really kill my enjoyment of a game.
5. How much story is there in the game? My biggest interest in the game is because of Ghiblis involvement and the story/anime cutscenes. Do they play a large part of the game or do we get less and less of them the further you get?
6. How is the English voice acting? I'm not gonna play this game on Japanese, actually I don't know if you even can, but with such a long game I don't want to miss anything so I prefer a language I can actually understand.
7. Would you say that this a good "my first JRPG"?
Thanks for reading and helping me with this in advance.